Twin Peaks: Season 3

Bxtch

1 minute ago, Leptine said:

It's not a case that Emmys and other awards at the end they snubbed the show despite the hype... This was simply garbage.

It deserved Razzies, too bad they don't exist for tv.

@Maddox

Thankfully!!

Just skimmed through the thread and the divisive reactions are killing me :dies: Will probaby get to this once i catch up with Deadwood/Younger.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Thankfully!!

Just skimmed through the thread and the divisive reactions are killing me :dies: Will probaby get to this once i catch up with Deadwood/Younger.

Don't even bother, seriously....

DevinWylde

Just finally found out se have a thread for this, and oh wow, the complaints were harder than I expected.

First of all, coming into this and expecting the things you're used to is a bad idea. They advertised it as Twin Peaks: The Return, fans call it Season 3. I wouldn't call it season 3. It's not a direct follow up to the original two - it's more like a "let's see what happens if we look back behind the veil".

Part of the idea, at least from what I read, is the idea behind The Return is to defy the audiences expectations, against the grain. Cooper, the quick witted, unique, mysterious agent you love? He's going to be essentially senile the entire season. Those personal dramas you loved, Bobby and Shelly? You wanna see how they're doing? Guess what, they're all older now, their drama hasn't changed, and it's insignificant. I personally thinking that Sky's character is meant to be us - always itching at a scratch she can't relieve, like us with the show. 

its_britney_bitch
5 hours ago, DevinWylde said:

Just finally found out se have a thread for this, and oh wow, the complaints were harder than I expected.

First of all, coming into this and expecting the things you're used to is a bad idea. They advertised it as Twin Peaks: The Return, fans call it Season 3. I wouldn't call it season 3. It's not a direct follow up to the original two - it's more like a "let's see what happens if we look back behind the veil".

Part of the idea, at least from what I read, is the idea behind The Return is to defy the audiences expectations, against the grain. Cooper, the quick witted, unique, mysterious agent you love? He's going to be essentially senile the entire season. Those personal dramas you loved, Bobby and Shelly? You wanna see how they're doing? Guess what, they're all older now, their drama hasn't changed, and it's insignificant. I personally thinking that Sky's character is meant to be us - always itching at a scratch she can't relieve, like us with the show. 

It’s not even that it’s the Dougie storyline which is just so tedious and unbearable, the characters that make one appearance and are never heard from again, characters that have absolutely not relation to the plot, characters talking about people we don’t know anything about (who the **** are Billy and Tina? And we’re supposed to care?), characters with real potential (eg Amanda Seyfried’s) having very little screen time and being unceremoniously killed off, the Lynchian scenes where we watch Gordon Cole watch fake Diane smoking for 10 minutes, and yes I don’t like that some of the characters we love literally showed up for one scene, but we see plenty of Dr. Whatshisface the Alex Jones parody, the complete lack of music (what are they paying Angelo Badalamenti for exactly?) AND atmosphere, and, the most disappointing of all, the fact that in a show called Twin Peaks we see VERY LITTLE of the titular town and spend more time watching Dougie’s antics in Vegas.

• 2 months later...

Archived