Who's the biggest musical artist of all time?

Dephira

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Enoch

• PrinceMichaelFan

• Ocboy85

Band: The Beatles

Male: Elvis 
Female: Madonna

Overall The Beatles are the biggest musical act of all time, I mean the numbers and impact are right there. 

Either the Beatles or Michael Jackson.

But if I had to choose one, I would say MJ, since the Beatles released double the albums as him, and they have like 10 greatest hits albums whereas MJ released like two, so the Beatles do have slight advantage in terms of the amount of material they released.

For female artists, it's Madonna, obviously

Just now, Music2002 said:

Either the Beatles or Michael Jackson.

But if I had to choose one, I would say MJ, since the Beatles released double the albums as him, and they have like 10 greatest hits albums whereas MJ released like two, so the Beatles do have slight advantage in terms of the amount of material they released.

For female artists, it's Madonna, obviously

It's not The Beatles fault Michael Jackson was lazy/busy spending hours on end every day on phones winning little boys over thus releasing an album every 4/5 years.  

The Beatles are bigger because they worked harder period.  You can't know if Michael Jackson would be as succesful if he released more often. 

The Beatles are the best selling of all time.

Michael Jackson is the most successful solo male artist and without a doubt the most famous figure in music ever. 

2 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

Michael Jackson

Madonna

Elvis

The Beatles

this

2 hours ago, Brando said:

The Beatles are #1 in both sales AND acclaim departments. No one comes close. 

it's so crazy how the beatles are the highest-selling musical act of all time but weren't together even a decade

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

it's so crazy how the beatles are the highest-selling musical act of all time but weren't together even a decade

how much did they sell during their prime? i wouldn't be surprised if the majority of their sales came after they broke up. 

2 hours ago, Ayanaa said:

Overall The Beatles are the biggest musical act of all time, I mean the numbers and impact are right there. 

This 

2 hours ago, Ayanaa said:

:cm:

MJ is a close runner-up to Elvis though

9 hours ago, Ayanaa said:

:clap3:

The Beatles are bigger than Michael Jackson.  I mean, who actually listens to full Michael Jackson albums?  Like no one.  There are SEVERAL Beatles' albums that you can listen through the whole way like it was meant to be.

solo males it would be MJ and Elvis and Elton John.

sole females would be Madonna and Aretha Franklin

lol at someone saying Mariah. :rofl:

By almost all objective measures, it's The Beatles.

If you want to do a more subjective "who seems the biggest in pop culture" type of thing, I guess you could make a decent argument for Michael Jackson, but even on this more subjective measure, I'd still say it's The Beatles. A lot of people on here REALLY underestimate the absolutely massive impact The Beatles had :rip: