JLo praised by peers; covers InStyle

nostalgia
She has been a dominant force in pop culture for 30 years. So how did Jennifer Lopez do it? Here, she, her friends, and her collaborators share the lowdown on J.Lo. https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/jennifer-lopez/may-2021-cover

EyNVWheXMAMMH1q?format=jpg&name=4096x4096EyNYjOmW8AYPL5E?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Michelle Obama: The world knows that Jennifer is blessed with many gifts — talent, beauty, and an unparalleled work ethic. But what impresses me the most about her is her unwavering commitment to leverage those gifts and use her platform to give voice to the voiceless. Whether it's working to improve health care for mothers and children, encouraging more people to vote, or singing her heart out at a presidential inauguration, Jennifer has always known that life is best when it's shared with others.

Ben Affleck (ex-fiancé and co-star in Gigli, 2003): I thought I had a good work ethic, but I was completely humbled and blown away by what she was committed to doing day in and day out, the seriousness in which she took her work, the quiet and dedicated way she went about accomplishing her goals, and then how she would go back and redouble her efforts. She remains, to this day, the hardest-working person I've come across in this business. She has great talent, but she has also worked very hard for her success, and I'm so happy for her that she seems, at long last, to be getting the credit she deserves.

Marc Anthony (singer and ex-husband): The thing about Jennifer is her ability to see and understand things before they happen. Before she even brings an idea up, she has visualized it a thousand times. And if anyone says it might not be the greatest idea, she'll say, "You just don't see it yet." Nine times out of 10, she'll nail it. She's the first one in the room and the last to leave. The hardest worker I've ever met. When we were together, it was quite the opposite for me. That has changed since. I learned so much from her. She's the original!

Charlize Theron (actor and friend): Jennifer is an absolute powerhouse. I can't begin to comprehend how she does all that she does, always giving 120 percent, and she has made it seem effortless for 30 years. To call her a triple threat doesn't come close to describing her—she's all of the threats!

Matthew McConaughey (co-star in The Wedding Planner): Jennifer Lopez — what can she not do? Extremely deliberate, intentional, fully choreographed, and self-aware, she even knows how to make accidents look like accidents. When we acted in scenes together, she would turn in take after take as if timed on a meter, 1:01, 1:00, 1:02, 1:01…yet you couldn't tell that she was keeping a clock. Her success is not happenstance.

Donatella Versace (artistic director, Versace): On International Women's Day, I was scrolling down my Instagram feed, and I saw this image of Jen holding a card saying, "I'm limitless." That made me stop for a moment, and so many memories came to mind: from the first time we met in Paris, her incredible career, the moments in Versace that will remain forever ingrained in everyone's imagination, and so on… But then it hit me again. That word: "Limitless." It describes her perfectly. Her discipline, her courage, her resilience, her hard work, her intelligence… rarely have I met someone who had a dream and worked so hard to achieve it. When you are in the same room with Jennifer, you can almost feel her energy pulsating through her veins and filling the space around her. I love her with all my heart.

DJ Khaled (collaborator on "Dinero," 2018): I've been blessed to work with J.Lo multiple times. She's so special and has a different kind of drive that very few people have — it's what makes everything she touches legendary. That's what makes her iconic.

Lili Reinhart (co-star in Hustlers): Jennifer never flubbed a line when I worked with her. Even shooting late into the night, she was always in good spirits and had high energy. Can we please do a Hustlers reunion at a strip club when the pandemic ends?

EyNZLBFWUAkU1uT?format=jpg&name=4096x4096EyNZMLEWYAM1O8P?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EyNY98UXIAsPDKV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

queenoftheclouds

She looks so good.

I think Marc is talking about her music career more than acting right?

DuffStan
40 minutes ago, cakeandsodomy said:

Steam rebirth , this is me then...

Yes! 

Ricardo1993

This is already honestly one of my favorite photoshoots from her. The beauty, the radiance, the way this woman has managed to keep her body TONED for decades and still looks youthful :jonny5:

insomniac

I love this article and the photoshoot! She looks gorgeous (as always) and radiates.

I was surprised with the Ben Affleck inclusion. She’s still in touch with him?  He also commented on her youth and Jen calls him “funny”.

SavagePapi
44 minutes ago, insomniac said:

I love this article and the photoshoot! She looks gorgeous (as always) and radiates.

I was surprised with the Ben Affleck inclusion. She’s still in touch with him? He also commented on her youth and Jen calls him “funny”.

Yes, they've mentioned in a couple of interviews that they still keep in contact. Mostly, through email.

Jen specified one time that it's usually like "congrats on the success of your new movie", "congrats on the success of Idol it's a good fit for you", etc.

DanceAgain

:jonny5:

The way they all noted how Hard working and hands on she is with everything! She really is the hardest working women in the game! She's earned her unrivaled success :clap3: A leaving breathing Global legend indeed 

Mrguilbeaux

Shes a hardworking legend! We knew, but its nice to be reminded. 

SavagePapi

Serving, "every week there's a hate viral tweet, every week I still got paid".

7783_768624865bcb41a218651412e8767d2a_t.

Queeeennn! :heart2:

Grumpy Cat
3 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

These clothes are a choice. 

??

What kind of editor put that pose on the cover, at least they could have removed the hair on her face damn

Edited by P.O.P
insomniac
33 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

What kind of editor put that pose on the cover, at least they could have removed the hair on her face damn

I love it. Btw she’s so blonde here

Sapphire

the cover gives me Mandy Moore and Chrissy Teigan face or maybe Khloe's

The photoshoot looks bit off, but happy for JLo being youthful and charming as always and respected and praised by her peers :clap3: