Kate Winslet: "I know at least 4 actors" still in the closet

she’s speaking out against homophobia and y’all saying she should stay quiet , what’s wrong with you morons 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jealous

• Espresso

• Breathe On Moi

• MingYouToo

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
Just now, XAMJ said:

she’s speaking out against homophobia and y’all saying she should stay quiet , what’s wrong with you morons 

Did she have to say specifically “4 actors” tho? Was that even necessary. Her message could have been conveyed without being so specific.

Yall live for the mess anyways so it doesn’t really matter. 

Resquid
Just now, Breathe On Moi said:

Did she have to say specifically “4 actors” tho? Was that even necessary. Her message could have been conveyed without being so specific.

Yall live for the mess anyways so it doesn’t really matter. 

Not the number 4 being where you draw the line :ahh:

48 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

According to Wikipedia, the only openly LGBT actors to be nominated for an Oscar in the 21st century are Ian McKellan, Angelina Jolie, and Lady Gaga....

And two of them, well....

4c47b4030df0bbcf5dbe48b3b7f630fe3be89ad3

Sam Smith?

Most guys that go into this industry especially as an aspiring actor are gay lol. Im putting my money on Chris Evans rn tho

RideOrDie
25 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Most of you guys are overreacting. She’s speaking up about the injustice that’s causing these ones to feel they have to stay in the closet. People literally speculate the sexuality of every actor in Hollywood already.  She didn’t just open the floodgates by any means because no one will be able to ascertain who she is referring to. The woman has been in this business for decades :rip:

This lol, the overreactions for nothing. People can speculate all they want but nothing will be confirmed or spoiled by what she said

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
1 minute ago, Resquid said:

Not the number 4 being where you draw the line :ahh:

Omg that’s so funny! kikikiki omgggg 

no, being this specific only narrows it down more and causes for people to zero in and dig more, genius. 

Britney Jean
1 hour ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

One of those HAS to be Henry Cavill, please, I am BEGGING 

giphy-28.gif

My gaydar is on, but idk. Yes please

giphy-28.gif

Talking Fish

Why are some of you so convinced that Henry Cavill is gay? Literally nothing about him hints that except y'alls wishful thinking :rip:

Komet blu
1 minute ago, Talking Fish said:

Why are some of you so convinced that Henry Cavill is gay? Literally nothing about him hints that except y'alls wishful thinking :rip:

People often mistake their gaydar with their dear-god-please-be-gaydar

ot: Well said :clap3: 

family.guy123
10 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

no, being this specific only narrows it down more and causes for people to zero in and dig more, genius. 

how?

MingYouToo
7 minutes ago, Talking Fish said:

I mean he did used to be seen a lot of times with the gay UK scene pre-DCEU Superman

Resquid
2 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Calm down, saying she knows at least 4 closeted actors is not the groundbreaking statement you think it is. You know, ‘At least 4’ could be 4, it could be 10, it could be 5. She obviously pulled that number out of her ass. She’s Kate Winslet, she meets actors every day of her life...how is this even remotely specific? Your virtue signalling is TRANSPARENT lol kikiki

dirrtydiana
1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

Well she did say “A well-known actor has just got an American agent and the agent said, ‘I understand you are bisexual. I wouldn’t publicise that.’”

I think that that’s a hint.

Wait a second... Henry is British. He also started a gaming channel which could be a facade for appearing more straight. This kind of adds up

I wasn’t truly attracted before but if it’s him it’d be so attracted to him 

:jonny:

Aribiotch

This! Same with some of these athletes too. I know for a fact athletes hide it because of their career 

• ATRL Moderator

She didn't out anyone and she's speaking out on a very important issue. I support this. Nothing will change unless people start these kinds of conversations and people telling her to be quiet, especially as a community of gay people, is super baffling to me. This kind of problem is why there is still lack of representation of our community in Hollywood, which directly affects how seriously our rights are taken world wide. The more people who know our stories through film, the more we will be supported. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
10 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

how?

Take a look around in this thread 

DFEC6FB5-B220-4B14-BFB9-D906468375B5.thu

Her descriptions were vague enough that you'd only bother to start digging if you have way too much time on your hands. Maybe she shouldn't have pointed in any direction, but it's hardly anything that can be damaging to the actors' career.

Also, I think Hollywood execs actually place too much stock in this, I legit don't think the average moviegoer cares that much.

MingYouToo

When she said the actor just got an american agent, SIS Henry Cavill.

And I just checked his team is entirely LA and NY based now!

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
12 minutes ago, Resquid said:

She obviously pulled that out of her ass.

Oh ok

family.guy123
4 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Take a look around in this thread 

oh ok

El Chico

I don’t think the problem was her saying she knows of 4 actors in the closet but when she actually described one as bi and with a new American agent. Like I can already think of the one she’s talking about :coffee2:

Forevermore.

I think this is actually a good thing, she should be speaking out and we should be having this conversation. 

Unfortunately having these kind of conversations is never easy, but the main fault isn't with Kate -- it's with the media. They'll sensationalize story into a Whodunnit?-esque witch hunt to try and out the closeted actors rather than encouraging people to have the important discussion about the discrimination towards LGBTQ+ actors in Hollywood.

v4ohOj1.png

We'll never solve this issue until we start holding the media and those with mindsets like theirs accountable. Unfortunately, since this kind of sensationalist headlines get more clicks than those encouraging conversations that are actually productive, it'll be a very steep way up.

brenda-walsh

we just need one of them to be brave, and that will open the doors for everyone after them