Kate Winslet: "I know at least 4 actors" still in the closet

Virtual_Insanity
6 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

She didnt say its actors shes worked with. Shes been in the industry for decades if people wanna go through her imdb and guess which four (combination of newer actors and established ones) are gay theyre gonna have WAYYY too much time on their hands and they arent gonna find anything. 

“dont be naive” you need to feel morally superior to someone today and youve chosen her. If its so easy then go find who they are and confirm it. Shouldnt be too hard, go ahead! 

Might I suggest some fresh air. :jonny:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jealous

• Espresso

• Breathe On Moi

• MingYouToo

Espresso
3 minutes ago, Terrielle said:

1stly it's acting. Secondly, you are conflating gender expression and sexuality. They are not the same thing. Gay guys can be traditionally masculine too. It's not "acting like straight people". 

Also this. 

L.B GAGA
27 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

idk if this is a stupid take but my guess is in the music industry theres multiple ways to market yourself. some go for the hot sexy image, others go for relatability, quirkiness, a la Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, etc. and a subset of that is being unapologetically gay, which resonates with... well, the LGBTQ audience. What I'm trying to say is there's many approaches to being appealing in the music industry, not just being a hot guy/girl/they.

Whereas in the film industry, if you wanna make big and i mean BIG bank  A-list movies, the audience will almost always project onto you their sexual desire. If you're a hot actor, it makes the movie more appealing almost 99.9% of the time. Sure, there are big non conventionally attractive actors out there but are any of them leading men/ladies? Highly doubt it. 

I disagree especially with superhero films taking the bigger piece of profit. It means fantasy and sci Fi allow for any type of human to thrive. 

Romantic films are no longer as massive as they were. 

Scifi or superhero films need good lgbt stories as main characters, like a Deadpool but true to their sexuality. Hollywood is worried about profits from homophobic countries like China. That is the issue. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
14 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

Then its the fault of people digging?

Okay? 

duybeeGAshantiGA
8 minutes ago, Terrielle said:

1stly it's acting. Secondly, you are conflating gender expression and sexuality. They are not the same thing. Gay guys can be traditionally masculine too. It's not "acting like straight people". 

But it will be super hard for an openly gay actor to play a straight person. The audience will look at it in a super picky and strict way. It will be super hard for that actor to be convincing to the public, even if the acting is great, the audience will always have "he's gay" in their mind. That will really affect that straight role, so eventually they will only be casted in gay roles. So yeah because of our homophobic society, gay actors will still suffer for at least a couple dozens years until things really start to change big time..

nostalgia

I will never forgive her for shading bisexual icon Angelina Jolie in her speech!

2 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

it's not very difficult for speculation to start, based on who she has worked with and been around during her career. Don't be so naive. 

Who carez? The gays Kate is referring to are probably used to it by now and currently posted in Bev Hills living their best life, cackling it up with style superstar Carson Kressley under a walk-in closet chandelier cuz free publicity.

People are going to talk and if someone in Hollywood can't handle that then they're in the wrong town. Every male actor who is relevant in the industry deals with some gay speculation, to the point that it's become almost meaningless. Unless it's abnormally frequent as seen with Shawn Mendes then it's nothing to fret :siptea:

i spit on haters

This has been happening within Hollyweird since time in immemorial, much like the sexual assaults by prominent actors, directors, executives, etc. and it still didn't stop her vociferous support of Woody Allen until it hindered her Oscar chances. This was really unnecessary to bring up in a interview. And if she'll say this to a interviewer then I'm sure she brings this topic up with friends & family. Get a few drinks in her and she would undoubtedly list names if someone really wanted to know who these 'closeted' gay/bi actors are.   

alfonso12
42 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Not you guys acting like she outed anyone :rip:

This :rip: she's speaking up cause they can't.

i spit on haters
23 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

Then its the fault of people digging?

But Kate gave them the shovel. That's the point.

She knows a LOT of actors in hollywood and she didn't say names. Why are people dragging her?  :psyduck:

Elizabeth Taylor said something like this when she was alive but people are so easily offended these days :toofunny3:

Delicious
5 minutes ago, EriKills said:

She’s very brave for coming forward :clap3:

:rip: 

but yeah she didn’t do anything wrong, the people who will start digging or investigating are the ones who will be 

Matthew

Most of you guys are overreacting. She’s speaking up about the injustice that’s causing these ones to feel they have to stay in the closet. People literally speculate the sexuality of every actor in Hollywood already.  She didn’t just open the floodgates by any means because no one will be able to ascertain who she is referring to. The woman has been in this business for decades :rip:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
7 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

But Kate gave them the shovel. That's the point.

Sometimes I just say “okay” to these type of comments, it’s just like, “it’s the fault of the people for digging! Kate had nothing to do with it! Even tho she said something! But it’s their fault”

the logic doesn’t compute 

MingYouToo

girllll if this is Chris Evans bc hes single and hes 40 or Henry Cavill... :jonny5:

maybe the gay agenda DID win!

alfonso12
42 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Not you guys acting like she outed anyone :rip:

This :rip: she's speaking up cause they can't.

Some of you really care way too much about success and what other people think. :ahh:

Lights and Waves

What’s terrible is that coming out really does impact your career :/ it’s not fair. I hope the GP grows and learns to accept queer people.

Alyssa Edwards
23 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Who carez? The gays Kate is referring to are probably used to it by now and currently posted in Bev Hills living their best life, cackling it up with style superstar Carson Kressley under a walk-in closet chandelier cuz free publicity.

Why did this sendT me :bibliahh:

Resquid

Some of y’all are truly doing the MOST with this. She’s not even remotely outing anyone, and neither is she trying to revolutionize the industry.

Reading the interview, she comes across as an involved person just trying to keep this (age old) conversation going. Which IS necessary. She’s not providing any new information, she’s just going like ‘hey remember this is still happening’, which is cute, that’s all :michael:

Littlejfrey

I don’t know, I used to like Kate A LOT! But ever since she defended Woody Allen, and the switched when the GP was canceling him , I don’t feel she’s very genuine and just says what the GP wants to hear :/

metalheart
1 hour ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

One of those HAS to be Henry Cavill, please, I am BEGGING 

giphy-28.gif

oh it defo is....