Miley the only ex-act with classics, why?

Ms. Togekiss

Ms. Togekiss

Out of the 4 ex acts of her generation (Demi, Selena, Ariana), Miley is the only one with at least one classic. In fact, Miley has SEVERAL classics (PITUSA, The Climb, Wrecking Ball) despite not having considerable success in 7 years (since 2013, around the time Ariana came into the mainstream). So why is it that even after 7-8 years of being more successful than her, Demi, Ariana, and Selena couldn't achieve even one classic? :celestial5:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fnooky

• Coklek92

• Leigh

• Zaynsus

Top Posters In This Topic

TUN and 7 Rings will be considered classics in 5+ years

One Last Time and Into You both have great recurrent streams, they could be considered lowkey classics tbh

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas

if miley has classics, so does ariana. 

Ms. Togekiss
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

One Last Time and Into You both have great recurrent streams, they could be considered lowkey classics tbh

I think TUN and 7R were too "meme-y" to be considered classics. I was listening to ME the other day and it feels like that Ari and the current Ari are two completely different people :deadbanana4: sadly back then she didnt have much artistic input so her first 2.5 albums lack the Ariana factor imo. However, they feel more "diva  / popstar" than her recent albums despite her being a much much bigger celebrity now which I find interesting :celestial6:

I also think her closest shots at classics are OLT and Into you :party:

OP calling The Climb and Wrecking Ball classics but gatekeeping TUN and 7R as well as calling Into You Ari’s closest shot to a classic chile we had a good laugh :bibliahh:

Edited by Fnooky
alejandreaux
15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

maybe thank u next. a smash hit =/= classic tho.

• #FreeBritney Activist
suburbannature

The Climb being a classic :ahh: 

• #FreeBritney Activist

SIDE2SIDE

OP didn't lie, Miley really is the only ex-act with classics, and tbh I don't know why.

even though Ari & Selena probably have more hit songs than her, none of their songs give me "classic" vibes imo

• #FreeBritney Activist
ProfessorNinja

I don’t know how to reply to this without getting warned

giphy.gif

Dead Leaves

I guess the question is what does a song need to be considered a classic, cause an artist can have multiple succesful hits but they still wouldnt be considered classics
That aside Demi doesnt have anything really (lol) Selana has some succesful singles but classic doesnt come to mind when i listen to them
Miley was disney's it girl and gained mainstream success with various songs, till this day PITUSA is an anthem for the 4th of July
Ariana came much later so idt we can count her in the same group, the disney girls had already established their musical careers when Ariana debuted so i think she is still too fresh for her hits to be considered "classics" 

aesthetic bih

Ariana - Into You, OLT, DW, 7R, TUN

Selena - LYLALS

??? :confused:

cuneytb

Lol PIYUSA is a classicc maybe in the US only. I never heard that song. WTF is the climb? :deadbanana:

Wrecking ball was a moment (for looking terrible in the music video) and i don't know the other song.

Ariana has One Last Time, TUN, 7 Rings and S2S that are easily classics. 

Selena has LYLALS which is better than everything Miley has released in her career. 

IDC about Demi so idk.

Ariana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miley + Selena + Demi 

mintpasty

PITUSA is literally only known in the US. The Climb is definitely not a classic. And if 7R and TUN are too "meme-y" to be classics, then how is Wrecking Ball one? Wrecking Ball became a hit because of its shock value. 7R went viral because it was already a popular song, it didn't go viral and then become a popular song. TUN went viral for its lyrics, which, is definitely more "classic-worthy" than going viral for a controversial music video. Ariana also has OLT (a classic for Manchester) and Into You (a gay anthem)

PITUSA & WB is the only classic she have, with PITUSA (classic in US), WB (global)

Ariana will joins in the future with One Last Time (already a classic in UK/Europe) and maybe 7R/TUN in the future.

gr33dy4Ari
9 minutes ago, mintpasty said:

PITUSA is literally only known in the US. The Climb is definitely not a classic. And if 7R and TUN are too "meme-y" to be classics, then how is Wrecking Ball one? Wrecking Ball became a hit because of its shock value. 7R went viral because it was already a popular song, it didn't go viral and then become a popular song. TUN went viral for its lyrics, which, is definitely more "classic-worthy" than going viral for a controversial music video. Ariana also has OLT (a classic for Manchester) and Into You (a gay anthem)

Precisely this. One could argue that Wrecking Ball was more of a meme than TUN and 7R. :sorry:

moonlitdick
11 minutes ago, mintpasty said:

Get them.

The OP has to be kidding :deadbanana4:

moonlitdick
2 minutes ago, gr33dy4Ari said:

Precisely this. One could argue that Wrecking Ball was more of a meme than TUN and 7R. :sorry:

Don’t forget the gimmicky VMAs performance she did to promote the Wrecking Ball era 

Coklek92
1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

The Climb being a classic :ahh: 

It's empowerment anthem, certified clasic

Coklek92

Delusional Arianators claiming 7R/TUNA classic. They are meme songs, that's not definition of classic :toofunny3:

selena_lavigne
16 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

selena has even a spanish classic

yup yup. heard this one Venezuelan radio last week :wanda: