Little Mix f/ Saweetie - "Confetti"

SamanthaJadeFr

SamanthaJadeFr

"The Sun" just revealed that the title track of their 6th album "Confetti" will be their next single and first single as a trio.

They are set to become a boyband for the music video they filmed yesterday and will continue to shoot today too in London.

PIC 'N' MIX Little Mix film their first music video without Jesy Nelson for their song Confetti

THEY are the UK’s biggest girl group but Little Mix will become a boyband for their next video.

I can reveal Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards will transform into men in their new video, their first without Jesy Nelson, who quit in December.

The trio spent yesterday filming the vid for their song Confetti, the fourth single to be taken from their hit album of the same name, and will continue working on it today at a top-secret location in London.

A music insider said: “This is Leigh-Anne, Jade and Perrie’s first video as a trio so they wanted to do something really fun and out there.

“It will see each of them transforming into male versions of themselves.

“They’re going all out and are having full facial prosthetics, which takes hours but it will be worth it in the end.

“The idea is the three of them will be seen taking on their male alter egos.

“It’s a video they have wanted to do for ages.

“It’s weird not having Jesy with them, particularly as she sings the whole first verse on the album version, but they’re making it work for them because the song has real potential.”

Over the weekend the band, who have sold more than 60million records worldwide and have 16 top ten singles, revealed they had gone back into the recording studio to start work on new music.

They shared pictures from the day and revealed they were back with singer-songwriter Kamille, who has written 22 songs for them, and MNEK, who was behind January’s No1 single Sweet Melody.

Leigh-Anne also shared a video of them dancing during a break from thier work and told her fans on Instagram: “Yano what it means when we get back in the studio with our queens . . . ”

I’m also expecting them to be nominated for the British Group gong when the Brit Award nominations are revealed today.

Given they are still making smash hits a decade since getting together, they certainly deserve it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/14503225/little-mix-jesy-nelson-music-video-confetti/

Edited by SamanthaJadeFr
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• shark_heather

• Hustler

legendlavigne

Sounds like a cringey video, giving me The Man teas :rip: And I assume it's a new version of Confetti without Jesy's vocals?

Confetti deserves better, especially after the amazing Sweet Melody video :katie:

Edited by legendlavigne
  • #FreeBritney Activist
The Slayer

I hope to god this isn't true, I hate the sound of the video :psyduck:

Move on to LM7, they've already let Confetti die - it's too late to revive it.

Give us a brand new trio track and a fierce video.

LovaticSwiftie

Was hoping for a brand new track tbh. And that video idea already doesn’t sound that great :doc: 

Michael196

the messiest thing about this is that Confetti is the ONLY track that Jesy co-wrote on the album, and the other girls co-wrote many tracks on the album and this wasn't one of them! :toofunny2:

Edited by Michael196
tbhmatt
5 minutes ago, legendlavigne said:

Sounds like a cringey video, giving me The Man teas :rip: And I assume it's a new version of Confetti without Jesy's vocals?

Confetti deserves better, especially after the amazing Sweet Melody video :katie:

Agree about the video idea, absolutely none of us are here for it :rip:

and the article heavily suggests that Jesy’s vocals are still on the song, which makes the whole thing even messier.

I’m praying that this turns out to be false, because everything about it is a mess. The timing is bad (they’ve left it far too long), the video sounds horrible and the fact that Jesy’s featured on the track is just a mess.

Sadly, The Sun have been very accurate when it comes to Little Mix in the past.... so, yeah. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
The Slayer

I'd rather A Mess (Happy 4 U) and a feature covering Jesy's part.

tbhmatt

Let’s hope stan Twitter catch wind of this and start harassing Simon Jones again so he can shut this down as a false rumour...

’cause if they’ve kept us waiting months for THIS.. :biblio:

• #FreeBritney Activist
The Slayer
3 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Let’s hope stan Twitter catch wind of this and start harassing Simon Jones again so he can shut this down as a false rumour...

’cause if they’ve kept us waiting months for THIS.. :biblio:

It'd be such a stupid thing for them to do, their team are not that stupid surely?!

If it's true, they've officially ruined their whole hype of coming back officially as a three.

I was hoping for a fierce first trio single music video - Lose My Breath vibes :dancehall3:

99sandthe2000s

:jonny5:Confetti is such a bop!

I'm down for their re-introduction as LM3

tbhmatt

Also.. it’ll surprise absolutely NOBODY to see @Heartbreak Prince breaking their heels to enter yet another Little Mix thread.

I’m sure they’re furiously typing away another bitter post as we speak to add to what appears to be an ever growing collection:

Heartbreak Prince 

Posted September 27, 2020

The promo on BBC & social media was quite heavy, those ratings are utterly tragic no matter how you look at it. 

QuoteOn 11/23/2020 at 10:40 AM, Heartbreak Prince said: 

Little Mix stans are the most unaware fan base ever. :toofunny2: lost a #1 album, lost a member, managed to finally secure a hit with a song they were 5th in line to get...and they think they’re in the position to talk about others flopping. :rip: simmer down.

Heartbreak Prince 

Posted July 23, 2020

This is one of their most boring songs ever.  it’s FINE for a chilled bop but it goes nowhere, I forgot I was even listening to it tbh.

Heartbreak Prince 

Posted March 3, 2020

their career is in shambles these days.

Heartbreak Prince 

Posted November 7, 2020

This album isn’t bad at all. It basic like most of their music, but it’s a higher quality than most of their stuff which is an upgrade at least. Kylie will get the #1 of course but at least Sweet Melody will be their first big hit since Woman Like Me. 

Heartbreak Prince 

Posted February 27

It’s more that the remaining Little Mix stans have been telling everyone for years that they weren’t like Fifth Harmony & that they all loved and appreciated each other. Clearly, it wasn’t like that & it was all a PR stunt. Jesy wanted to leave as soon as she could, like Camila.  It’s an absolute scream when you think about it, but none of the LM stans will admit to it.

Heartbreak Prince 

Posted September 5, 2020

There’s just zero hype for them anymore.

... very weird behaviour if you ask me :cm:

oscar13

I really love Confetti (song) and absolutely agree that it deserved better but why would they make their debut as trio with this?? It literally makes no sense. :dancehall3: Not to mention that they're still keeping Jesy's vocals on it. :toofunny2:

Hustler

... the video concept is just ...

Spoiler

YES @ CONFETTI BEING A SINGLE THOUGH :jonny4: 

but still give me LM7.

tbhmatt
2 minutes ago, lover. said:

Surely it would be better to release a new song as a trio? 

Up until now that’s what we thought they were planning on doing :dies:

They’re in the studio as we speak so we know they’re working on new music. The time to release a 4th Confetti single would have been about two months ago..

They also have Heartbreak Anthem which is supposedly being released in late-April, so I must say I’m a little confused as to why this would be pushed now..?

I’m still hoping that this all turns out to be false, because everything about it just screams ‘poor choices’ :rip:

Hustler
7 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Up until now that’s what we thought they were planning on doing :dies:

They’re in the studio as we speak so we know they’re working on new music. The time to release a 4th Confetti single would have been about two months ago..

They also have Heartbreak Anthem which is supposedly being released in late-April, so I must say I’m a little confused as to why this would be pushed now..?

I’m still hoping that this all turns out to be false, because everything about it just screams ‘poor choices’ :rip:

Remember we’ve had the smash single No Time For Tears ... official fourth single for the era

Spoiler

:eli: 

Saintlor

Wasting their hype to debut as a trio by not debuting with a new song

halcyonday

Not Confetti when Jesy leads this song and she wrote it :rip: shade

Hooker Barbie

If it was just a little fun video for the fans like Wasabi rather than an official single, sure but... Launching as a trio with a Jesy led and written track seems... Stupid.

The press for a long time is going to be very Jesy heavy, journalists constantly asking why she left, was it hard to decide to continue without her. Why add even more fuel to that fire with this track? 

Ampersand13

I really hope if this is indeed true that they are going to promote it. I don't want any hype wasted on a 'thank you we're done with this era' kind of video if that makes any sense. Love this track though, and a remix with a female rapper would be amazing :jamming: