• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theweekend

• Electric Youth

• gui

• Rhys Austin

Dualove39

excited for this!! i feel like ive heard about this album for over a year now, does anyone have any tea on why this album campaign has taken so long to take off?

Rhys Austin
1 hour ago, Dualove39 said:

excited for this!! i feel like ive heard about this album for over a year now, does anyone have any tea on why this album campaign has taken so long to take off?

Yea. It was suppose to be out last year but the pandemic happened. In an interview I read recently she said she was gonna wait until it was opened then had a change of heart and said the album will be out no later than the summer of this year. So I’m thinking it’ll be out by July. The latest. 

Lady Claire

This leaked. The Garota de Ipanema sample is pretty cute but that's about it. A cute pop trap track 

The MV will elevate the song.

Electric Youth

She's totally serving. There's a huge hype about it in Brazil since Vai Malandra. I think she's really coming hard this time.

kindararenext

love the song!! so smooth, the sample is great and the chorus is very catchy. i think it can/will do good 

passivista

yeeeess!! apaixonado pela garota do rio

its a great latin pop song, the bossa nova mixed with trap is sooo good and clever

a huge upgrade in her catalog

voGwhly.gif

Just hope there is Portuguese on this album. Otherwise...I'm not interested. 

James_XL

I hate this basic trap pop, but the sample elevates it. But if her bops can’t do nothing outside Brasil I don’t see how this will except for maybe shops and elevators...

2 hours ago, Electric Youth said:

She's totally serving. There's a huge hype about it in Brazil since Vai Malandra. I think she's really coming hard this time.

For another local Brazil-only hit, yes. 

LastGreatBloodline
14 minutes ago, Braz said:

For another local Brazil-only hit, yes. 

:bibliahh: 

OT: I liked the song but I think she relied way too much on the "Garota de Ipanema" sample, it gets repetitive which is a shame considering how big of a classic it is. I think she should have saved it for the intro and the chorus only. I also dont think the trap beat fits the song. Overall is a cute catchy song tho, a 6.5/10, probably a grower

BabyGui

This is so basic, a trap beat over the sample, she could use more elements from her country and not this copy/past trend USA sound, fail 

Rhys Austin

Wasn’t the banger I was expecting... Love the lyrics though. It’s kinda a chilled track with a nice flow. I want an album preorder when this drops on Friday

kindararenext
5 hours ago, BabyGui said:

This is so basic, a trap beat over the sample, she could use more elements from her country and not this copy/past trend USA sound, fail 

as much as i agree it would be so much better if she included more brazilian rhythms into her music, she’s trying to achieve commercial success in the US and she can’t just go with a full brazilian funk song for example because americans aren’t used to that type of sound and won’t support the song so she has to play it safe. at least she’s giving us a mix of brazil x US i guess 

callmeDav

ugh, one month of boring teasers on ig just for this basic track? c'moooon girl

mlaredoperez

This is terrible. Stargate should stick to pop and stop making this tryhard trap 

Selena’s Bad Liar

don't know why ATRL is so bothered by a foreign act trying to break into the market. just... don't stream?