The Veronicas - 'GODZILLA'

living_dead

Delirious

The album on paper is something I would definitely like with time. It's very poppy. Stealing Cars was an instant hook

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Supervillain

• SchmoodRing

• Ariel

SchmoodRing
8 hours ago, Cherish said:

This is the tracklist I have. I haven't updated it in years though....

UPswNhk.png

I'd love to officially get Runaways, Stutter, and Spirits & Sin. I have never heard of the rest but would love to get those as well. Tack Ugly and then bam we can have a complete trilogy 😆 

teenagecraze
8 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

I was so in love with their first two albums but self-titled and Godzilla are not it. (Both have great moments!)

Kind of frustrating tbh. I just know, that they still have the talent to deliver. 

Silent is great but as a whole this album is all over the place and just not good enough. 

The Secret Life Of and Hook Me Up are so cohesive and I miss that. 

this is just a compilation of songs

SchmoodRing
4 hours ago, M-P-B said:

wait, hold awn... not only there's finally an album coming out TONIGHT but there's also another album coming out NEXT MONTH? where the hell was I? how did I miss all this?  :deadbanana4:

This month. It got bumped to June 25. We starting and ending this month with a Veronica's album. Who would've thought 😆 

10 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

I was so in love with their first two albums but self-titled and Godzilla are not it. (Both have great moments!)

Kind of frustrating tbh. I just know, that they still have the talent to deliver. 

Silent is great but as a whole this album is all over the place and just not good enough. 

The Secret Life Of and Hook Me Up are so cohesive and I miss that. 

I mean about half of this project are songs that are almost a decade old that they're just putting out. Let's just be grateful that we are getting not 1 but 2 new albums from the girl. Hopefully we start getting music more consistently.

UMS125
Posted (edited)

Starting with High Score until the end with Sugar Daddy the album is incredible :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5: 

The first 3 songs are a mess :rip:

Not counting the masterpiece that is In My Blood of course...

Edited by UMS125
Schami66
22 minutes ago, teenagecraze said:

this is just a compilation of songs

every album ever is just a compilation of songs. 

20 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Let's just be grateful that we are getting not 1 but 2 new albums from the girls.

You're absolutely right. I have this album on repeat and one thing I recognized is how much I adore the tone of their voices.  They sound so good.

Delirious

Can't believe they left out "On Your Side"...it would've fit very well sonically

• #FreeBritney Activist
BlackJesus
Just now, Delirious said:

Can't believe they left out "On Your Side"...it would've fit very well sonically

That’s on Human

mrmarrero

anyone has the credits of the songs? im curious about the producers

Delirious
54 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

That’s on Human

Wasn't Godzilla supposed to be the poppy dancey project? Or are both like that? 😯

Popboi.
9 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Wasn't Godzilla supposed to be the poppy dancey project? Or are both like that? 😯

Godzilla is supposed to be lyrically more daring and aggressive and Human more introspective and sensitive. Which honestly makes no sense as The Only High would fit more with Human than Godzilla :rip:

10 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Looking what's on Human, that's very poppy too. Biting My Tongue and Think Of Me are on it too and they're poppy too. So either both albums are all over the place sonically, or Godzilla is all over the place and Human is just poppy

I'm so excited to listen to this tomorrow!

judaskills

Need to hear the album ugh don't wanna wait til midnight. Is it good? Been waiting ages for new music from them.

judaskills

Stealing Cars is so catchy! I need a full album of tracks like that. Enjoying the album so far, but that is the stand out song so far! 

sweetsexysavage

I haven't listened to Sugar Daddy or any other unreleased songs, so this project will be pretty 'new' to me. In My Blood is still such a gem, I love it so much.

stevenisFADING
Posted (edited)

I am loving Kaleidoscope. Not sure what it means to love someone like one but i'm loving it!

I really enjoyed all of the album minus In It to Win It. It's not bad per se just not my taste.

Highlights:

Kaleidoscope

High Score

Stealing Cars

Silent

Edited by stevenisFADING
Ampersand13

Y’ALL I AM SO EXCITED TO LISTEN :jonny5:

I’m so jealous of everyone who has already gotten to hear this. I’m in the States so I still have over 7 hours to wait :WAP:

peroxideblonde

from the new ones i only like Silent :dancehall:

Supervillain
8 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

from the new ones i only like Silent :dancehall:

It's okay I also felt a bit disappointed after my first listen. Give them some time to grow, Silent was instant for me as well 

Schami66
37 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Y’ALL I AM SO EXCITED TO LISTEN :jonny5:

I’m so jealous of everyone who has already gotten to hear this. I’m in the States so I still have over 7 hours to wait :WAP:

You're not ready for Silent. 

Ampersand13
3 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

You're not ready for Silent. 

I’m perched :jonny5:

Asparagus Spears

This album should have been released like 5 years ago... why are we only getting this now? 

Ampersand13
22 minutes ago, Rhys Austin said:

This album should have been released like 5 years ago... why are we only getting this now? 

Label issues, and also personal strife I believe. There was an extended period where Jess and Lisa weren’t on the best terms, the Ruby Rose drama, and problems with the label I think really hindered their ability to release.

I also think they were waiting for a hit a la In My Blood, but it never came.