• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Supervillain

• SchmoodRing

• Ariel

Aurora

Is this album essentially just a scrapped album that’s finally being released? A compilation of material that didn’t make Human and instead of letting it waste they figured they’d get something from it? Like I’m glad these songs are seeing the light of day but if it’s all stuff from 2017 and before it kinda feels confusing why it wasn’t just released back then when they had essentially a local repeak with IMB and lots of televised promo.

Sky Engineer

All other stans begging their favs to release demos and leaked songs tacking it onto imaginary deluxe re-releases and yet we have 2 albums worth of songs from the get go

Ampersand13
4 hours ago, Aurora said:

Is this album essentially just a scrapped album that’s finally being released? A compilation of material that didn’t make Human and instead of letting it waste they figured they’d get something from it? Like I’m glad these songs are seeing the light of day but if it’s all stuff from 2017 and before it kinda feels confusing why it wasn’t just released back then when they had essentially a local repeak with IMB and lots of televised promo.

Some of the stuff is from before 2017 (Sugar Daddy, 101, Godzilla) but some of it is more recent I believe. BlackoutZone would be able to tell you which ones are newer.

I believe they were having some label issues unfortunately (don’t they always) that contributed to them not releasing a full fledged album, but yeah it would have made so much more sense to just release a record back when IMB was smashing in Australia. Alas, at least we get two now.

teenagecraze
5 minutes ago, UMS125 said:

Can someone write which songs are from what year?  

Life On Mars: Godzilla, Kaleidoscope, Sugar Daddy, 101, In It to Win It, 

Human: Stealing Cars, In My Blood, The Only High

grAntVRIL

i forgot on how much i played sugar daddy back in a day n now its finally out on spotify omg :WAP:  it still sound fresh

stevenisFADING

All right girls. Tomorrow is finally the day. I can't wait !!

• #FreeBritney Activist
Cherish

Ok, I said **** it and ordered both since I can do pay in 4 :jonny2: $14.95 for shipping is just criminal but w/e

SchmoodRing
On 5/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, teenagecraze said:

Life On Mars: Godzilla, Kaleidoscope, Sugar Daddy, 101, In It to Win It, 

Human: Stealing Cars, In My Blood, The Only High

Do we have anymore Life On Mars leftovers that fans would still want or they could give us?

• #FreeBritney Activist
Cherish
3 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Do we have anymore Life On Mars leftovers that fans would still want or they could give us?

This is the tracklist I have. I haven't updated it in years though....

UPswNhk.png

• #FreeBritney Activist
Cherish

I also ordered a copy of their self titled with a hype sticker on it and the 4ever single with the two bonus tracks (since I already own the main albums thankfully) :deadbanana2: somebody take my bank account away pls 

Sky Engineer

No the In My Blood cover pic making the album booklet :jonny2:

ruleZz
22 minutes ago, Sky Engineer said:

No the In My Blood cover pic making the album booklet :jonny2:

Can you post booklet?

Sky Engineer
Posted (edited)

1 Godzilla - Really sticks out from the rest of the album 7/10  
2 Kaleidoscope - Love the sorta spoken vocals, but with the production it feels a bit off 6/10
3 In My Blood - immaculate and timeless 10/10
4 In It to Win It - so short and yet feels too long, a mess 2/10
5 High Score - Immediate love from the production, then verses felt off intially, once used to it my favourite of the new tracks! Stranger Things 80s Vibes 10/10
6 Stealing Cars - continuation of 80s vibe from High Score, melody is great but i wish the song was different 8/10
7 Supernatural Girl - I'm now more hyped about song title itself than the song 6/10
8 101 - There is slight changes to the mixing, somehow less punchy then than leaked version? Added minor elements towards the end. Glad we have it in HD 8/10  
9 Catch Fire - makings of a haunting ballad, could be in a sound track 8/10
10 Silent - a haunting ballad into a crescedo! This is what I expected and wanted from the girls 10/10

11 The Only High - Nice 8/10

12 Sugar Daddy - immaculate and timeless 10/10

Justice for Alive

Edited by Sky Engineer
Sky Engineer
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ruleZz said:

Can you post booklet?

Sorry I dont have a easy access atm.

The booklet is doesnt have a lot, has lyrics. One photo of each girl, one with both in their godzilla outfit, the in my blood photo on the last page, and a new pic back of booklet with them holding onto a pole

Edited by Sky Engineer

wait, hold awn... not only there's finally an album coming out TONIGHT but there's also another album coming out NEXT MONTH? where the hell was I? how did I miss all this?  :deadbanana4:

ruleZz
10 minutes ago, Sky Engineer said:

Sorry I dont have a easy access atm.

No big deal..

Nice review, can't wait for my first listen

Schami66

I was so in love with their first two albums but self-titled and Godzilla are not it. (Both have great moments!)

Kind of frustrating tbh. I just know, that they still have the talent to deliver. 

Silent is great but as a whole this album is all over the place and just not good enough. 

The Secret Life Of and Hook Me Up are so cohesive and I miss that.