• Bicassie

• 東京.

Dula Peep
10 hours ago, sxmescudi said:

it’s giving me Abel x MNEK :eek:

It’s giving me Max Martin 

A bop I fear :wanda:

tbhmatt

Hasn’t cracked the Spotify Top 200 yet, so it pulled in less than 51k streams in the UK yesterday.

Olly is on the cover of NMF UK and features quite high on the playlist.. so more confused than ever as to why this was released yesterday nnnn. He hasn’t benefited from it, but oh well. They honestly could have just waited until today but it is what it is. It should hopefully pull in some cute numbers today! 

I love it, it's such an earcandy :jonny5:

I hope it becomes a hit

Tinashegrande6
25 minutes ago, Marco23 said:

How is it doing in UK?

It was #52 in the mid-weeks, but I think it's out of the top 200 on Spotify :rip:

thankfulforkelly

Although Play and If You’re Over Me were U.K. hits, their last era was an underperformance and 3 years ago now, so I’m sadly not surprised this is doing poorly 

DUA LIPA

it is very .. radio hit

considering their long absence idk why someone thought this song would do much as the lead or well comeback-single in this instance. 

I hope the follow-up is a bit more true to the OG Y&Y tracks even if it's only one member remaining.

I think since he's coming off It's a Sin they would presume his name and face is out there enough at the moment to gain interest. Plus I think Y&Y is a well known enough name in and out of households in the UK people would recognise him and their music. Now he's working solo it would make sense to stay working under Y&Y. Hopefully this gains a bit of momentum in the coming weeks depending on promo and whatnot.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

He needs promo. This is too good to flop

honestly, since he ramped up the queerness he really put himself into a box of just being a fan-driven artist and not backed by the GP. i'm not saying that it's right at all, because it's not, but in terms of GP support and being an openly gay male, there's still a discrimination there from the straights. he's just more of a cult artist now, in the sense of he only has fan support.

RadioactiveLights
11 minutes ago, 東京. said:

honestly, since he ramped up the queerness he really put himself into a box of just being a fan-driven artist and not backed by the GP. i'm not saying that it's right at all, because it's not, but in terms of GP support and being a openly gay male, there's still a discrimination there from the straights. he's just more of a cult artist now, in the sense of he only has fan support.

Sadly, this is true to an extent. I do hope it at least secures some album sales

39 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Sadly, this is true to an extent. I do hope it at least secures some album sales

i think he has a big enough fan base that he will, but that's about it.

I usually like Y&Y music but this is too, I don’t know, sickly sweet? in it’s production - the same feeling I get listening to CSTF and Happy.

What I’ve liked about Y&Y in the past is their dark slant to otherwise upbeat pop music. This is definitely lacking that edge!

Hopefully single no.2 will do better, If You’re Over Me smashed out of nowhere really so there is a chance it will if it’s up to standard 

I'm gobsmacked this is flopping, even though PS was an underperformance it was still a big album and he's coming off the acclaim of its a sin, I wonder if the gay narrative turned the gp off :cries:

1 hour ago, mlaredoperez said:

Why is this flopping? it's nowhere to be found on the top 200 of UKs Spotify :dancehall2:

It needs better playlisting on Spotify. The biggest playlist it's on is "The Pop List" which only has 600k followers. His label needs to get it on Hot Hits UK. It's not a hit yet, but there's some flop songs on there, so that shouldn't stop it getting added.

Appple music: 69

UK iTunes: 7

They/him always had mixed succes. This should be bigger though, this deserves a cute top 40 entry at the least imo. but I mean pop perfection like Meteorite and All For You also had trouble, so we'll see