• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• rihannabiggestfan

• Ampersand13

• Pink Ranger

45 minutes ago, Jude said:

Carefully is growing on me. I think the production is one of the best in the album. Reminds me of For You and Yes. 

Carefully is beautiful, I get the For You comparison but Carefully is just sweet from the beginning til the end. This is easily my favorite, I am obsessed. 

She makes me stan ha again, I still pretend her previous album didn't exist. 

2 minutes ago, Victon said:

Carefully is beautiful, I get the For You comparison but Carefully is just sweet from the beginning til the end. This is easily my favorite, I am obsessed. 

I agree, this is her best body of record. :clap3:

rihannabiggestfan
Just now, Victon said:

Tell Me You Love Me isn't a bad album tho :monkey: which songs don't you like

5 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

THE ART OF STARTING OVER SUMMER HIT 

Yeah, I'd love for that and MGAMB to be released. It would probably be smart to release the Ariana collab too. And then maybe Melon Cake

PopFan1996
Just now, rihannabiggestfan said:

Yeah, I'd love for that and MGAMB to be released. It would probably be smart to release the Ariana collab too. And then maybe Melon Cake

In a better world it would be like that:
2nd SPRING single : MHLN
3rd EARLY SUMMER single: TAOSO
4th LATE SUMMER single : MGAMB
5th and final single : California Sober or Easy for a cute hit ballad

pinkbowvintage

the way my Target didn't carry the deluxe :toofunny2:

I've decided that California Sober is an absolute masterpiece. :clap3:

It sounds like hope and summer sunshine. It's a little subversive and a little "**** it," which is so Demi. It's happy and mellow. It gives me HWGA and it's dreamlike and everything.

at this point my top 5 is:

California Sober

The Art of Starting Over

The Way You Don't Look at Me

Carefully

My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend

a great album that gets better with each listen :clap3:

4 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Tell Me You Love Me isn't a bad album tho :monkey: which songs don't you like

I tried to like the album but whenever I came back most of the songs start with this lazy/same beat and it makes me not wanting to go further. Idk, it's just not my thing. 

Demi, Confident and The Art of Starting Over 

Holy trinity :jonny6:

This is her best tho... I am so obsessed, so proud of her, this album makes her so classy.

Cheeerl

For me it should be

2nd Single : Met Him Last Night

3rd Single: MGAMB

4th Single: Melon Cake (Remix)

5th Single: TAOSO

I don't want her to have another ballad as a single so people get a different taste of her.

Glad to see there are a couple of solid potential hits in the album which waren't apparent in her previous ones. Daw

Ampersand13
4 minutes ago, Cheeerl said:

For me it should be

2nd Single : Met Him Last Night

3rd Single: MGAMB

4th Single: Melon Cake (Remix)

5th Single: TAOSO

I don't want her to have another ballad as a single so people get a different taste of her.

Glad to see there are a couple of solid potential hits in the album which waren't apparent in her previous ones. Daw

I could definitely see this working. 

I’m honestly kind of stuck because I just love every song so it’s hard for me to try and pretend to be objective lmao 

P0Ncaa2.gif

Lyrical Liar

This album is such a ride. The way the songs I didn't like initially are quickly growing on me and the ones I loved are just getting better with every listen, when that doesn't even seem POSSIBLE.

This will age like fine wine, regardless of what the numbers reach or what the critics say. There's such a raw honesty in it that's nothing like her "honest" experiences of the past and you can truly feel the freedom she felt while recording this.:celestial2:

The end result is catharsis with a huge, punchy dose of SUNSHINE. :celestial4:

Edited by Lyrical Liar
(wording wasn't intended to be offensive so don't get offended pls ty)
Goddxss

Just finished the album. I actually enjoyed it, but wished there were more highs energy moments 'cause those ones were amazing.

Let's just hope this era will have three singles lol. Her last era only had two.

aesthetic bih

Now that I think about it The Art of Starting Over can be the next single. It's just so fun and an easy listen. :smitten:

Other candidates: Melon Cake, California Sober & MGAMB :matty: this album has so many single potential

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tiziano's Boy
2 minutes ago, Goddxss said:

Are those bonus tracks worth the listening?

Yes, they're all great in their own way, wish we had the two bonus tracks here in the UK (I'm Sorry and Change You), but we only have Gray which is still good.

rihannabiggestfan
34 minutes ago, Jude said:

Let's just hope this era will have three singles lol. Her last era only had two.

Part of the reason was cuz she was struggling in 2018, right? So the true era was cut short. At least she's in a more "good place" now

But also, "Tell Me You Love Me" taking OVER FIVE MONTHS to peak on pop radio didn't help either :rip: most songs don't even CHART that long, QUEEN :clap3:

Released November 14, 2017 to radio - peaked April 24, 2018 in Audience and April 25, 2018 in spins :oh: 

g9vndt0.png

And the fact that Billboard made it go recurrent even tho the song was clearly STILL rising :rip: 

Edited by rihannabiggestfan
2 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Part of the reason was cuz she was struggling in 2018, right? So the true era was cut short. At least she's in a better place now

But also, "Tell Me You Love Me" taking OVER FIVE MONTHS to peak on pop radio didn't help either :rip: most songs don't even CHART that long, QUEEN :clap3:

Released November 14, 2017 to radio - peaked April 24, 2018 in Audience and April 25, 2018 in spins :oh: 

g9vndt0.png

And the fact that Billboard made it go recurrent even tho the song was clearly STILL rising :rip: 

She better releases at least 4 singles then to compensate for the last era. :giraffe:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tiziano's Boy

I love this album so much and I've never ever listened to a Demi album in full before, but she really did that with this album, my top 5 are:

1. Melon Cake

2. Kind of Lover I Am

3. 15 Minutes

4. TAOSO

5. Dancing With The Devil/Gray/Change You/I'm Sorry

tznlovethissong.gif

tzntissue.gif

tznmanosalaire.gif

tznintoit.gif

rihannabiggestfan

Considering this album can be considered a mix of 'Here We Go Again' and 'Tell Me You Love Me', I recommend you listen to those :giraffe: @Tiziano's Boy

• ATRL Moderator
MissedTheTrain

I wasn't expecting to like this album after the pre-release singles, but it's surprisingly REALLY solid and I'm loving it!  Who knew she'd go for 90's/2000's singer/songwriter soft rock vibes?  

The thing I'm most happy about is that it sounds like she finally learned restraint with her vocals...she sounds so great across this album because she finally learned to take it down a notch (except for Anyone tbh, which should have been replaced with Sober).  Even a lot of the songs on TMLYM started out great, but then she started wailing towards the end when it really wasn't necessary.

My current favorites are probably Easy and California sober, and my least favorite is surprisingly the Ari collab (they sound great, but the song is pretty basic).  Overall, I'm really happy for her and happy with this album!

• #FreeBritney Activist
BlackJesus

i just can not get into melon cake. I don’t know why

I cant get over how good this album is. The more I listen the more I love it :jonny5: