Demi - 'Dancing with the Devil... The Art of Starting Over'

59 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

miley would sound great on the kind of lover i am :cries2: the hook kinda sounds like miley is singing on it as well and demi could've bullshitted with miley at the end tgt and made it less awkward (even tho i think it's cute)

Miley would be perfect on TKLIA :jonny6:

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• rihannabiggestfan

• Ampersand13

• Pink Ranger

zasderfght

I'm listening to this album all the way through for the second time, and I still think it's her best album. Is it perfect? No. Can it be shortened? Yes. But for once, her narrative is consistent, and this is the most raw, honest, and real she's sounded. 

I also like that she ditched the bubble/electropop sound that she had on her last albums. Dreamy pop ballads or more acoustic cuts suit Demi's songwriting and vocals better. 

This won't be the album of the year, but I think it's worth listening to. 

Rob_Matteo
1 minute ago, Augusto said:

i mean...

She can't compete with that but it's okay

Let's just hope for strong numbers independent of where she charts :lakitu:

rihannabiggestfan

Wait, Nina's reaction was a kii cuz she thought Demi sang "I like the darkness" in TAOSO (tbh, that's what I heard the first time lolll, I guess enunciation could be improved), so she said "I like how it's a juxtaposition cuz she's saying that lyric yet it's a happy song" (I generally like that concept tho!)

Edited by rihannabiggestfan
Augusto
Just now, Rob_Matteo said:

She can't compete with that but it's okay

Let's just hope for strong numbers independent of where she charts :lakitu:

yup. i hope at least the pure sales are good cause it looks like many people are interested on the album

ryoncé
5 minutes ago, Augusto said:

i mean...

What even is a liltjay ....

ugh Demi rly deserves that #1 

Augusto
1 minute ago, ryoncé said:

What even is a liltjay ....

ugh Demi rly deserves that #1 

the way there is always a rapper to release the same day as demi

Bound2Music

If you actually read the article they don’t actually make a prediction that specific it was premature to tweet that but it was obviously done to get the Demi fans discouraged. 

Mason Gooding

this whole album event is a fever dream... just month ago i was fearing about how bad it would be if it EVER came out based on droplets and now it's like she actually took time to cohesively put meaningful songs on it :chick3: most of the songs are insanely catchy after a few listens... in bed rn mind crossing from lonely people chorus to butterfly prechorus to TWYDLAM verses to melon cake chorus... can't honestly decide which song I currently like the most it keeps changing:WAP:

Ampersand13

In a weird way I think Lonely People was the song that took me most by surprise. It just wasn’t anywhere near the realm of what I was expecting but I absolutely love it :jonny5:

P0Ncaa2.gif

• ATRL Moderator
kelly-clarkson
14 minutes ago, Augusto said:

i mean...

This is what the article on the web says:

That streak may end with this week's biggest new release, however, as Columbia's Lil Tjay is widely touted to be cruising toward a six-figure chart debut. 

It's not that specific: https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=325841&title=CHART-FINAL:-WAVE-FORMS&redirect=mobile

rihannabiggestfan

My album isn't even in transit yet :clown:

Confusion
4 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

My album isn't even in transit yet :clown:

Same, and mine is shipping to my cousin in Cali who will ship it to me since they don’t ship to Hawaii :rip: who knows when it’ll be in my hands.

rihannabiggestfan

But it's truly underrated that Demi is the only ex-act with a 100 review score on Metacritic :clap3: acclaimed queen

The MHLN slander here is UNACCEPTABLE. Especially that it is currently the track that is performing  best on charts. :biblio:

jakedavis1994

Lonely people, 15 Minutes and California Sober are my trinity.

overall, FANTASTIC album and soo needed right now :alexz:

justin464

I remember she said there was a country-sounding song on the album. I personally don't think there is, but I wonder what song she was talking about? The only valid options would be TWYDLAM or 15 Minutes (kind of has a folk-like feel during the verses I guess)

teedhooks

Finally had time to listen, only about halfway through so far but this is already her best album imo ugh I'm so proud of her :sosad: There's not been a single bad song so far :jonny5: I feel like she's finally fully made the album she was always meant to make :jonny5:

rihannabiggestfan
4 minutes ago, Jude said:

The MHLN slander here is UNACCEPTABLE. Especially that it is currently the track that is performing  best on charts. :biblio:

We're not like other stanbases who let success cloud their opinions of songs' quality :oh: