Demi - 'Dancing with the Devil... The Art of Starting Over'

Cheeerl

california sober makes TMYLM look like a kidz bop album sorry it's her magnum opus

P0Ncaa2.gif

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannabiggestfan

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

• Ampersand13

4 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Wow you're right, the way we won already, who needs the charts when she can be #1 in your heart

P0Ncaa2.gif

:dies:

P0Ncaa2.gif

This album is absolutely amazing. :wanda:

DWTD is a MASTERPIECE :cries: TAOSO is lovely. I’ve been bopping to MGAMB, hopefully it becomes a hit in the future. Easy surprised me with how stunning it is, wasn’t expecting a Noah Cyrus collab to be this good. The Ariana collaboration is kinda underwhelming but I still like it. And as for WOPS it’s still flawless and anyone.mp3 who slanders it is tasteless :fan:

12 hours ago, Rob_Matteo said:

How is she ever gonna top this :toofunny3:

I’m wondering the same thing :weeps:

• #FreeBritney Activist
19 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

This is for this week. We're not getting the #1 y'all :rip: 

ahhh, it does not matter. I just need it to be top 3 which could also be a struggle.

I expect 25K pure and 45K total

she needs to drop the modern sound she needs to drop the piano ballads and she absolutely needs to drop whatever she tried to do with gray... california sober and melon cakes and the kind of lover i am and the art of starting over are complimenting her beautiful voice, she needs to stick to that sound from noew on

P0Ncaa2.gif

Doesn’t matter if you’re a woman or a man

That’s the kind of lover I am

image0.gif

MHLN really makes no sense on the album...

like I’m glad we got a Demi + Ari moment but if the album is focused on her recovery and healing and “letting the darkness out” how does it work in the context 

it would work more as part of the interlude but the place where it is totally throws off the “story” and how it flows

It's crazy tho, I can literally listen to any song over and over, i'm not getting tired of them :alexz:

They're so cohesive yet so different from each other :psyduck:

The album has been on repeat the whole day, currently streaming on spotify, apple music, and the music video on youtube :celestial4:

Just now, ryoncé said:

like I’m glad we got a Demi + Ari moment but if the album is focused on her recovery and healing and “letting the darkness out” how does it work in the context 

it would work more as part of the interlude but the place where it is totally throws off the “story” and how it flows

I interpret the song as a song about relapsing, which is a part of recovery. I think it does it fit well imo

1 minute ago, willyogalvan said:

I interpret the song as a song about relapsing, which is a part of recovery. I think it does it fit well imo

Hmm but that’s kind of what California sober does ... explain the balance she finds moving forward with her addictions and vices 

MHLN doesn’t really incorporate that same perspective of looking back at her troubles with a new wise, evolved  mindset as the others do... it’s much more similar to DWTD as it explores her giving into and even liking the devil himself and indulging in that admiration 

2 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

Demi says that when she listening the song she feels like the lyrics are about another fall in the journey, a drug relapse, the temptation to return to the starting point... I feel the theme is so good and maybe in the best moment...is there or after DWTD

I feel like most people didn't notice, but I love how she uses "fragile" as a noun (rather than an adjective like usual) in Carefully

5 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Y'all:jonny5:

Wow

(oh i thought it meant her all-time highest-charting nn, still cool tho)

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

5 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Y'all:jonny5:

Seen lots of Arianators posting bout it on their story. idk if they are streaming the whole album but this collab'll do well.

Carefully deserves tho.

• #FreeBritney Activist

The one problem I have with the album, it’s a little too long. I wish she would have cut 6 tracks and saved them for a deluxe edition later on

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

The one problem I have with the album, it’s a little too long. I wish she would have cut 6 tracks and saved them for a deluxe edition later on

Which 6 would u cut tho

they are all quality 

10 minutes ago, Apocalipstick said:

In my head MHLN is about her drug dealer, could be wrong though?

That’s what I thought it was about, hence the line: “So I promise tonight is the last call.”

Edited by psychodj

her cover of Mad World is so hauntingly stunning 

Edited by Sparrow's Bride

• #FreeBritney Activist

How can it be too long if each song is amazing. Fans will know to appreciate its length and quality. 

miley would sound great on the kind of lover i am :cries2: the hook kinda sounds like miley is singing on it as well and demi could've bullshitted with miley at the end tgt and made it less awkward (even tho i think it's cute)