• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• rihannabiggestfan

• Ampersand13

• Pink Ranger

certified lover boy

to be fair the best thing to come out of this record aren't even whatever numbers it's pulling or it might pull... it's the amount of people that she's gained back to her audience and people who normally don't listen to her music that are enjoying and praising the album. this is the first time i'm really seeing non-stans enjoying a demi album which is a very, very good sign :) 

Rob_Matteo
3 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Just saw this tweet and :ahh: 

Imagen

Bitch don't, they're gonna come flocking into this thread mumbling something about yelling/screaming

:lakitu:

bestfiction
10 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Just saw this tweet and :ahh: 

Imagen

I mean... wbk :lakitu: aren't Ari and Demi on friendly terms?

Not a Demi fan, but I'm on track 12 and the album is kinda good so far.

Selenasworld
8 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Bitch don't, they're gonna come flocking into this thread mumbling something about yelling/screaming

:lakitu:

:isudumblmao:

onlyforever
10 minutes ago, certified lover boy said:

to be fair the best thing to come out of this record aren't even whatever numbers it's pulling or it might pull... it's the amount of people that she's gained back to her audience and people who normally don't listen to her music that are enjoying and praising the album. this is the first time i'm really seeing non-stans enjoying a demi album which is a very, very good sign :) 

!!!!

And as always Noah served. I wonder how the people that were against the collab feel now.

rihannabiggestfan

I wonder how the people that were against Demi feel after this album :mandown:

for some of them, even more pressed than ever, I fear :cm:

• #FreeBritney Activist

so....my first complete listening experience is over, heard the 2 Target tracks and the store exclusive

b!tchhhh, why are we getting Gray and US folks can get these 2 amazing ones :weeps:

Gray really feels like a bonus track while the other two really belong to the album

Change You is my fav out of the three

Ok, finished the album for the first time. I was not expecting this Alternative Pop/ Pop Rock masterpiece. The album is cohesive even with all these songs, which is a really difficult thing to do.

Her vocals are at her peak ever. Her timber sound more rounded and mature and it shines even better like this. And I loved that she didn't overuse her voice. When you have such an outstanding vocal range like that you impress the listeners way more showcasing it on special moments than throughout the whole songs, and she finally seems to have understood that. 

I hear a lot of Alanis Morissette's Under Rug Swept, Avril Lavigne's Let Go and Pink's I'm Not Dead influences on it and I love it A LOT. This is probably the Demi album I've enjoyed the most, surpassing HWGA.

My favourites:

1. Carefully (very Alanis' esque melodically, it sounds refreshing like wind hitting my face while I drive on a hot day)

2. The Art of Starting Over (sounds absolutelly amazing and fits her very well. The bass line is just breathtaking. I dig it!)

3. The Kind of Lover I Am (her voice on the verses is something else. I was took to a different dimenson with this track. Sounds like it was made during the Paper photoshoot lol. The production sounds really space-y. I loved it, even the "cringe" outro. Gives me The Japanese House vibes)

4. Met Him Last Night (it has SMASH HIT written all over it. Their voices blend so well together and I love Ariana's soft approach in it, reminded me of some Sweetener moments. One of the catchiest songs on the album and Demi's voice sound like it was born for this song).

5. Lonely People (kinda Avril sounding indeed. Reminded me of some Let Go album tracks like My World and Nobody's Fool. It was the most instant track of the album for me, but because I'm used to the sound).

6. California Sober (again, Let Go influences but now on songwriting. I love the melodies, it fits the same summery refreshing vibes of Carefully for me. Demi sounds somewhat "free" on this track and I really like the lyrics. The bridge is my favourite part.)

7. The Way You Don't Look At Me (I LOVE the way it makes me teary. She sings so swingingly in this that I couldn't stop paying attention).

8. Melon Cake (love the chorus, but it's not on par with the other 7 for me. I think it would also be a hit)

The ones I like the least:

1. 15 Minutes (it's just there. I thought it was confusing)

2. Butterfly (it's a filler for me. She tries something melodically on this track that she's done better on other tracks)

3. Anyone (great for opening track, but it is tiring listening to it more than three or four times)

4. What Other People Say (I like it, it's just that other tracks are so powerful... it is clearly single material cause it's catchy, but that's it)

I also love the production on the album. I need to give it a couple more listens to see where it sits on her discography for me but it's definitely on the top 3 (along with TYLM and HWGA).

8.5/10 for me

Edited by EDD
Corrections
Ampersand13

Is I’m Sorry any different from the versions we’ve had? I haven’t listened to it or Change You yet

P0Ncaa2.gif

Mason Gooding
1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

Is I’m Sorry any different from the versions we’ve had? I haven’t listened to it or Change You yet

P0Ncaa2.gif

no

P0Ncaa2.gif

Ampersand13
Just now, Mason Gooding said:

no

P0Ncaa2.gif

Damn. I was kind of hoping for minor (more full production) changes. Still absolutely adore the song though :jonny5:

NO I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE THE ONE TO FALL
WATCH ME BOUNCE BEFORE I GIVE @thatsmydemiMY ALL

SO I PROMISE TONIGHT IS THE LAST CALL

giphy.gif

Mason Gooding
2 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Damn. I was kind of hoping for minor (more full production) changes. Still absolutely adore the song though :jonny5:

I'm just grateful I get to hear it in crispy crystal clear quality :jonny2:

thatsmydemi
3 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Wasn't the original title "Sorry"? That's the change

P0Ncaa2.gif

1 minute ago, miguel said:

NO I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE THE ONE TO FALL
WATCH ME BOUNCE BEFORE I GIVE @thatsmydemiMY ALL

SO I PROMISE TONIGHT IS THE LAST CALL

giphy.gif

Not us listening to the same song :jonny5: 

this is hot 

Mason Gooding

is the jonas brothers sound intentional in melon cake verses? :mandown:

Confusion
2 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

:rip: 

Ampersand13
2 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

P0Ncaa2.gif

Demi HA MIND

P0Ncaa2.gif

Bloodflowers.

wow... her Mad World cover is so beautiful, now I also wished I could hear Demi cover Wonderful Life by Black next, it would've fit well within the album as well

overall, I love the album, nice job Demi :clap3:

Not Sorry
26 minutes ago, certified lover boy said:

I was thinking the exact same thing !

So many people that are non fans are really enjoying the whole album