• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannabiggestfan

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

• Ampersand13

3 minutes ago, miguel said:

tea nn

also the only album i would consider uncohesive to the point it's messy, is Unbroken.

TMYLM is a very solid Pop/RnB project. It's biggest "miss" is the tracklisting. Ordered correctly it sounds perfectly fine.

and both Confident and DEMI are straight up pop albums (DEMI being a bad attempt at that)

exactly 

this is my TMYLM tracklist and its so much better -

1. Tell Me You Love Me

2. Sorry Not Sorry

3. Daddy Issues

4. Games

5. Body Say

6. Sexy Dirty Love

7. Loney (feat. Lil Wayne)

8. Ruin The Friendship

9. Only Forever

10. Cry Baby

11. Hitchhiker 

12. Concentrate

13. Ready For Ya

14. Smoke and Mirrors

15. You Don't Do It For Me Anymore

10 minutes ago, Lyrical Liar said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:WAP:

I just KNEW I was going to be ready for this :jonny5:

For those who have listened to some of the tracks already (I haven't)

Which ones are your favorites and why?

1 minute ago, ryoncé said:

exactly 

this is my TMYLM tracklist and its so much better -

1. Tell Me You Love Me

2. Sorry Not Sorry

3. Daddy Issues

4. Games

5. Body Say

6. Sexy Dirty Love

7. Loney (feat. Lil Wayne)

8. Ruin The Friendship

9. Only Forever

10. Cry Baby

11. Hitchhiker 

12. Concentrate

13. Ready For Ya

14. Smoke and Mirrors

15. You Don't Do It For Me Anymore

my TMYLM tracklist is:

1. Tell Me You Love Me

2. Lonely

3. Cry Baby

4. Smoke and Mirrors

5. You Don't Do It For Me Anymore

6. Somebody New

7. Sorry Not Sorry

8. Daddy Issues

9. Games

10. Sexy Dirty Love

11. Concentrate

12. Ruin the Friendship

13. Only Forever

14. Hitchhiker

15. The Beauty

16. Ready For Ya

16 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

For those who have listened to some of the tracks already (I haven't)

Which ones are your favorites and why?

I still can't believe you've held out so long - WELL DONE!

My favourites have shuffled around a bit actually lol. My current holy trinity is Butterfly - TAOSO - TWYDLAM.

Butterfly = the lyrics are so heartfelt and I'm not gonna lie, I rolled my eyes when I heard it was a song about her dad because I was expecting another Father-type ballad (#SNS) but it hit me when I realised just how fitting it was for something in my life rn. Her delivery of the pre-chorus and bridge is just heavenly.

TAOSO = indie pop PERFECTION. Such a good track and like someone said before - gives off SoCal summery vibes. 

TWYDLAM = beautiful delivery and although it's lacking a good bridge to give it some oomph, her soft, bright vocals make up for it. Very HWGA-ish. 

Mad World = so melancholy and haunting. It's one of my favourites too but I place it separately from trinity above cus it's a cover...

15 Mins is cute but the effects on the vocals are kiiiiinda grating. You'll love the "praying in Malibu" bit though and I really like the instrumental.

Carefully is still growing on me but it's a firm favourite from most of the listeners. Gives Bad Liar vibes imo but again, as someone said, it's very reminiscent of Aly & AJ's new sound. 

ICU is the only one I'm not feeling atm and neither was @TheDecentSimmer but it's suddenly his favourite one now WELP, haha.

Edited by Lyrical Liar

7 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Imagine uploading fake [email protected] with fraudulent titles, I mean ... electric chair.

Someone clearly needs a hobby 😂

DWTD (single) is hitting me hard today. A career highlight indeed. That beautiful bridge leading to its final explosive chorus, whew, an experience. :WAP:

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, SuccesLovato said:

If you like Breath which is literally the worst out of the ones I’ve heard then you’re going to flip out with the rest of the songs that made it ! 

Yessss!! I think Breathe is pretty basic and I can see why is a reject/not included in the album..... but I love the way she sings the song sooo bad :jonny2::jonny2:

On 3/30/2021 at 10:48 PM, ReverseWarholian said:

My ranking so far:

The Art Of Starting Over - 9/10

Mad World - 8.5/10

Dancing With The Devil - 8/10

The Way You Don't Look At Me - 7.5/10

Anyone - 7/10 - would be higher if it were re-recorded or even the Grammy version. Do we know which one is on the actual album?

What Other People Say - 7/10 

15 Minutes - 6/10

So far my impression is pretty positive. One thing I'm noticing is the melodies aren't as strong as they could be. Lyrically might be her best though? 

Update: 

Butterfly - 8.5/10

ICU - 8/10 

Carefully - 5/10 

More ballads than I was expecting. Some land and some don't. Hopefully the remaining tracks serve some ENERGY :duca:

2020 droplet ranking for comparison:

Monsters - 8/10 

Lonely Hearts - 8/10

I Love Me - 7.5/10

Still Have Me - 7/10 

OK Not To Be OK - 6/10 

In The Mirror - 6/10 

My Reputation - 5/10 

I'm Ready - 5/10 

Commander In Chief - 3/10 

Edited by ReverseWarholian

I already bought the album, so I DESERVE to listen to the leaks until my album arrives/ships :cm:. The Demetrians are making that a bit tough tho, clearly

Considering how tasteless the GP is, I wouldn't be surprised if DWTDTAOSO pulls an Adam Lambert - Velvet and becomes her most commercially underrated yet most critically acclaimed to date (both albums called their best bodies of work in which they "found their sound" - and both released 10+ years into their career)

XDQhJqS.png

It would be nice if DWTDTAOSO gets that 81+ "Universal Acclaim" score on Metacritic too, it's what it deserves!

(I saw miguel and selena_lavigne stanning the Velvet era in past ATRL threads, taste :heart:)

And the fact that Adam's second-highest chart peak on the Hot 100 is Mad World, a song that Demi also covered aHHHHHHHHHH :wanda: (collab pls, the Glee collab wasn't enough!)

n6s6NhM.png

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

• ATRL Moderator

I think the rumors about a Super Deluxe edition are true!!

This is the link to pre-order/buy the album: https://demilovato.lnk.to/DWTDTAOSO

If you change it to whatever you want it gives you a 404 error page but if you add 'SD' (Super Deluxe) at the end of the link it shows you the same as the other one:

https://demilovato.lnk.to/DWTDTAOSOSD

So maybe it's coming :duca:

2 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

This is the link to pre-order/buy the album: https://demilovato.lnk.to/DWTDTAOSO

If you change it to whatever you want it gives you a 404 error page but if you add 'SD' (Super Deluxe) at the end of the link it shows you the same as the other one:

If true perched for Say A Prayer & Sunset,  :jonny: 

I could see I Love Me & ONTBO too cuz it fits the theme of the album.

2 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

The FBI is shaking :jonny5:

I hope Sunset is in it!

6 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

Is it only digital?

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

Is it only digital?

No idea tbh. The links & info are the same as the other link. But the URL is working so maybe they will change it/update it once she announces it!

I love Demi's voice on Butterfly.

The lyrics this era are so mature. I am glad she's alive with us and giving us quality :cries:

• ATRL Moderator

I think I will wait till the album is released to hear it in full but reading y'all reactions make so excited for this album :duca:

Is there any review of the album from some magazine/site yet??

20 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

I think I will wait till the album is released to hear it in full but reading y'all reactions make so excited for this album :duca:

Is there any review of the album from some magazine/site yet??

Apparently this is a music review.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dancing-with-the-devil-the-art-of-starting-over-by-demi-lovato-review-recovering-a-powerful-voice-11617225170

the paywall tho :clownny: (and it's not even one that you can click refresh+stop on and skip the paywall like many other sites)

20 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Apparently this is a music review.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dancing-with-the-devil-the-art-of-starting-over-by-demi-lovato-review-recovering-a-powerful-voice-11617225170

the paywall tho :clownny: (and it's not even one that you can click refresh+stop on and skip the paywall like many other sites)

My university partners with WSJ to give us free account, so I’m reading it right now and can share with you guys. Is it violating against any rules to share a paywall article on ATRL though? Genuine question..

3 minutes ago, lhdang2000 said:

My university partners with WSJ to give us free account, so I’m reading it right now and can share with you guys. Is it violating against any rules to share a paywall article on ATRL though? Genuine question..

I was thinking that too, but I don't think you should do that :skull:

I would just recommend finding a Google Chrome extension (open-source) that lets you get past paywalls including WSJ.

Just finished reading the review :mandown: