Demi - 'Dancing with the Devil... The Art of Starting Over'

Cheeerl

I listened to some tracks that leaked and was surprised positively :eek:

These tracks are great and i love her vocals in it. I love when she doesn't scream on her songs, she has such a beautiful tone and everyone knows she can sing, there's no need of high notes on every song. Her chill vocals are everything.

Beautiful rendition of Mad World - could've been used on a winter campaign for something, TAOSO has such a great vibe and TWYDLAM reminds me of HWGA days. Perched for the rest of the album if she follows the same path.

I don't think this will generate huge sales or big singles but i think it has potential to be her most acclaimed album.

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannabiggestfan

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

• Ampersand13

2 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I love when she doesn't scream on her songs

Can y'all stop with this wrong narrative? It's called belting not screaming.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

These tracks are great and i love her vocals in it. I love when she doesn't scream on her songs, she has such a beautiful tone and everyone knows she can sing, there's no need of high notes on every song. Her chill vocals are everything.

Beautiful rendition of Mad World - could've been used on a winter campaign for something, TAOSO has such a great vibe and TWYDLAM reminds me of HWGA days. Perched for the rest of the album if she follows the same path.

I don't think this will generate huge sales or big singles but i think it has potential to be her most acclaimed album.

<3 <3 

4 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

YAS YAS YAS 

27 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Can y'all stop with this wrong narrative? It's called belting not screaming.

Thanks

Sis, as a Lovatic I also hate people saying "screaming" but sometimes her belts can be harsh to listen to and does indeed sound like screaming. It's just how it is because she has such a powerful voice. :michael:

Just now, Lyrical Liar said:

Sis, as a Lovatic I also hate people saying "screaming" but sometimes her belts can be harsh to listen to and does indeed sound like screaming. It's just how it is because she has such a powerful voice. :michael:

As a vocalist myself, it's just very wrong technique-wise to call it " screaming". :rip: I mean I could understand " loud" " unpleasant" but "screaming" is a wrong word.

Im really curious for Met Him Last Night. Its the one track I feel that's standing out immediately cause Aris on it. Cant wait to hear it

3 minutes ago, Lyrical Liar said:

Exactly what i meant. I do like some songs where she does high notes but others not as much

Why did I read Butterfly being slammed here?

The lyrics are GOOD :jonny5: Literally her most personal and best album :jonny5:

All the leaked songs so far are missing Demis iconic belting tbh

All the people who say she shouts or oversings are clearly used to people like Selena who just whispers

Just now, musicman said:

All the leaked songs so far are missing Demis iconic belting tbh

All the people who say she shouts or oversings are clearly used to people like Selena who just whispers

Actually, I'm used to Demi more but I can still think she shouts and oversings sometimes. The songs she's recorded for this album show her versatility and tracks like DWTD and WOPS cater to fans who like her belts. Guess there's something for everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Exactly what i meant. I do like some songs where she does high notes but others not as much

I gotchu, sis. The word "scream" is just taboo in here, just so you know, haha. I totally get you though. I'm really grateful for her softer tones on this album. 

1 minute ago, Lyrical Liar said:

Actually, I'm used to Demi more but I can still think she shouts and oversings sometimes. The songs she's recorded for this album show her versatility and tracks like DWTD and WOPS cater to fans who like her belts. Guess there's something for everyone. 

I gotchu, sis. The word "scream" is just taboo in here, just so you know, haha. I totally get you though. I'm really grateful for her softer tones on this album. 

I think the songs just need a bigger climax. It feels like alot dont really build or going anywhere. Mad World should have had some big ending

to think we'd get an album full of generic bops like i love me, pattern and better if she didn't break up with max... we dodged a bullet sorry, this album is on another lever after giving it a few more listens :WAP:

I.C.U is really good but it gets really boring

15 Minutes should have neer seen the light of day :!ohno:

Butterfly is... something?

Mad World this is such a serve??????

The way you don't like me is alright

Starting Over :loud:  this is cute

It's a no for me so far except for the excellence that is Dancing with the devil and mad world

9 minutes ago, musicman said:

I think the songs just need a bigger climax. It feels like alot dont really build or going anywhere. Mad World should have had some big ending

THIS!!

3 minutes ago, Mason Gooding said:

to think we'd get an album full of generic bops like i love me, pattern and better if she didn't break up with max... we dodged a bullet sorry, this album is on another lever after giving it a few more listens :WAP:

it took Demi falling in love with a Selena Stan to start making quality music again :WAP:

I have 15 Minutes STUCK IN MY HEAD. ughhhh i'm so pumped for this album.

I'm claiming "The Kind Of Lover I Am" as my future fav.

27 minutes ago, Lyrical Liar said:

exactly

her soft vocal tone >>>>>>>

i do love me some screams too tho

12 minutes ago, Mason Gooding said:

Pattern was terrible but i actually kinda enjoyed Better? it was the second best leak after Sorry. It just needed to be refined a lil bit.

1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

"Carefully" is such an underrated serve, ugh

has the whole album l***ed yet or just individual songs.

I hope I like this enough to buy.

I own all her albums except Don't Forget and Demi (tho i like those, just haven't bumped into them at stores recently)

https://ew.com/music/demi-lovato-dancing-with-the-devil-music-video-photos/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=6064a98e11410f0001aa58dd

Check the interview here

She's clearly very proud of this album and convinced it's her best and most personal album and doesn't give a **** about how many people stream or buy it

So let's not have meltdowns if this ends up not doing well 

Also is the Max breakup song she teased while she was driving, and the my psychic told me I was psychic songs on the album?

Omg, Pattern is criminally underrated too lol. I SEE A PATTERN! WITH YOU AND ME! YOU AND ME! - a chesty bop!

1 minute ago, selena_lavigne said:

has the whole album l***ed yet or just individual songs.

I hope I like this enough to buy.

I own all her albums except Don't Forget and Demi (tho i like those, just haven't bumped into them at stores recently)

Individual songs. I wonder why exactly they're leaking them in this order. They better hope they don't get sued like Madonna's leaker :cm: