Blondie

David Bowie

Earth, Wind and Fire

Janet Jackson

Elton John

Joni Mitchell

Pink Floyd

Queen

Major nostalgia factor with some of these :dies: I definitely have more mainstream taste here but I'm excited to explore more

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• andresg770

• Madame X

• Reverie

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
2 hours ago, Madame X said:

it's a good one!  ill pretend to like stand back too, because prince. 

I had no idea about that connection!

andresg770
16 hours ago, supaspaz said:

You said no whites allowed (except that one bald gay)! Anyway, we must rig the draw this year for Donna Summer to win.

Speaking of white gays from the state of Georgia (which I like to assume was named after the Loretta Devine/Raven-Symoné sitcom), can we pretend the B-52s are HOFers for the purposes of this competition??  If so, I'd like to change one of my votes.

Edited by andresg770
Reflektor_Creep

The Beatles

David Bowie

Radiohead

Nine Inch Nails

Pearl Jam

Led Zeppelin

Depeche Mode

Nirvana

Fleetwood Mac

The Doors

Frozen99

Madonna

Janet Jackson

Whitney Houston

Depeche Mode

Nirvana

The Supremes

ABBA

Blondie

Queen

Green Day

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
7 hours ago, andresg770 said:

Speaking of white gays from the state of Georgia (which I like to assume was named after the Loretta Devine/Raven-Symoné sitcom), can we pretend the B-52s are HOFers for the purposes of this competition??  If so, I'd like to change one of my votes.

Why are they not?

Madame X
7 hours ago, andresg770 said:

i know, i literally looked them up!  and why are they not there!? they changed everything, its homophobia.

:jonny: 

andresg770
3 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Why are they not?

3 hours ago, Madame X said:

i know, i literally looked them up!  and why are they not there!? they changed everything, its homophobia.

:jonny: 

They're in the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, that should make them eligible for this is all I'm saying  :duca:

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

I'm gonna need you all to get into U2.

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
brenda-walsh

Donna Summer

Janet Jackson

Madonna 

ABBA

U2 

Depeche Mode

Fleetwood Mac

Earth, Wind, & Fire

Prince

Nina Simone

Beach Boys

Depeche Mode

Janet Jackson

Beastie Boys

Fleetwood mac

Gladys Knight and the Pips

Whitney Houston

Michael Jackson

Prince

Radiohead

Reverie

Prince

Aretha Franklin

Stevie Wonder

Donna Summer

Janet Jackson

Marvin Gaye

Sly & The Family Stone

Earth Wind & Fire

Depeche Mode

Notorious B.I.G.

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

Nearly 40 nominations ballots. Not bad! I'm going to start putting together the draw.

andresg770

I'm not looking forward to seeing Roy Orkingson being done dirty -- especially if his biggest fan, Elvis Presley, does make it  :grump:

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

SWvXYUD.png

Thank you to everyone who submitted ballots for ATRL March Madness over the past few days! We ended up with a great collection of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees, reflecting seven decades of musical excellence and an eclectic cross section of styles and sounds.

As one might expect, the overall top entry is Madonna, a previous ATRL March Madness winner, who received 20 votes and appeared on half of all the nomination ballots. Can any stop her march to another victory? Leading the charge will be Janet Jackson, Donna Summer and Whitney Houston, the #1 seeds in their respective regions.

That these four ladies top the draw is no surprise for a pop girl-loving forum. In fact, 20 women or acts with female members qualified, making up nearly a third of the field, a much better record of gender parity than the Hall of Fame has had over the decades. Voters' tastes also leaned heavily into the roll side of its titular mission — fewer than two-thirds of the contenders that qualified could broadly be considered rock acts.

The competition features inductees from the very first class in 1986 (Elvis Presley) all the way up to the most recent group last year (Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, the Notorious B.I.G. and Nine Inch Nails). But a whole lot of truly iconic acts missed the cut, including the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, the Grateful Dead, AC/DC, Ray Charles, Chuck Berry, Neil Young, Guns 'n' Roses, Santana, Van Halen, the Sex Pistols and the Who — none of whom received a single vote.

Now, without further ado, a look at the 64 music acts that will compete to be named the most legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee:

BDwuX3n.jpg

Madame X

VOTE FOR SLY OVER THE BEATLES PLEASE

(not being an OBH rn, sly is my fave 60s music act) 

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

Thank you for submitting nominations ballots for this year's ATRL March Madness. The draw has been set and the first round of voting will likely begin later this evening. Because the competition moves quickly from here on out, I'll be sending reminders every tie a new round is posted. If you don't want that, let me know and I will untag you.

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
1 minute ago, Madame X said:

VOTE FOR SLY OVER THE BEATLES PLEASE

(not being an OBH rn, sly is my fave 60s music act) 

The Beatles are already flopping. Only a #6 seed and none of their members received a nomination for their solo work. It's rough out here for the biggest band of all time!

andresg770

I'm legit shocked Roxy Music didn't get more votes...  Had I thought that'd be the case, I would've switched my vote for Springsteen (who didn't really need it) for them  :shakeno:  That said, they would've one of my top picks had this been by them instead of by Bryan Ferry solo:

Who knew you could make this song into such a BOP?

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
15 minutes ago, Kavish said:

All of my picks made it.

dv7nd8w.gif

Your impact.

dv7nd8w.gif

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
1 hour ago, andresg770 said:

I'm legit shocked Roxy Music didn't get more votes...  Had I thought that'd be the case, I would've switched my vote for Springsteen (who didn't really need it) for them  :shakeno:  That said, they would've one of my top picks had this been by them instead of by Bryan Ferry solo:

Who knew you could make this song into such a BOP?

giphy.gif

Why does this vaguely remind of Rocky Horror Picture Show?