ATRL March Madness 2021 | WINNER!

• ATRL Moderator
Ace Reject
6 hours ago, Gwegend said:

I mean I’m genuinely shocked that Donna and Prince are here. Janet is due to her competition, Madonna just has a spectacular discography and deserves a final 4. But the Beatles not being here is an absolute joke. Also, I personally think Beach Boys and Depeche Mode have such strong discographies that they should be final 4.

Not inferring Prince is musically inferior to Depeche Mode :deadbanana2:

@V3$$3L. hyhy

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• andresg770

• Madame X

• Reverie

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
2 hours ago, Madame X said:

The “swept away” actress 

The "Incredible" vocalist does not deserve this disrespect.

45 minutes ago, LikeaRebel said:

georgina7.gif

uoGNPSV.gif

Spoiler

Maybe someday I'll get the Madonna revelation.

tZ5Dh6J.gif

Edited by Wyvern
  • ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

I'm going to go with the fired Pepsi spokeswoman.

Any final votes?

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

SWvXYUD.png

Another long and hard-fought ATRL March Madness comes to a close. After seven rounds, 493 votes and 62 fallen contenders, we have finally crowned our champion Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee. In this clash of pop titans, duel of dance floor divas, tussle of gay icons, did #1 Madonna or #1 Janet Jackson come out on top? (And will the loser agree to bottom?)

By a vote of 29-16, the winner of ATRL March Madness 2021 is...

(1) Madonna

Congratulations to Madonna on her well-deserved title of the most legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee! This is just the second time ever that the overall top seed has gone on to win our tournament. The Material Girl thoroughly dominated at every stage of the competition, a reflection of her profound influence on the music and popular culture that ATRL loves best. Even Janet Jackson, who jumped to an early lead in the final round and hung tight through the first half of voting, could not ultimately keep up.

Thank you to everyone who participated the past few weeks! It has been a blast debating these storied acts with you. Your dedication kept this thread afloat and I am incredibly appreciative of your support. (What do you say we meet back up same time next year for another go?) If you want to see the complete results, and relive all the great memories, the final tournament draw is posted below:

AEM4MJZ.jpg

Pink Matter

I wish I actually listened to a majority of the artists listed so I could participate. This looked like fun! Great job hosting :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
  • ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
13 minutes ago, Madame X said:

the legendary gambler chanteuse wins again, as always. 

Razzie winners beat Oscar nominees.

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
3 minutes ago, Reverie said:

IIIIIIIII will be gay

If the gay are burned

Nooooooo

I think Madonna decidedly did NOT win for anything she did after actually being inducted.

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

And, as always, I welcome your ideas for what we should do next year!

Reverie
4 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Nooooooo

I think Madonna decidedly did NOT win for anything she did after actually being inducted.

She was like finally!! I'm ****ing sick of having to make good music, you better enjoy this Hard Candy album (and we did, the ones with taste anyways)

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
59 minutes ago, Reverie said:

She was like finally!! I'm ****ing sick of having to make good music, you better enjoy this Hard Candy album (and we did, the ones with taste anyways)

The incredible “Incredible” chanteuse! How did she go so completely off the rails?

Madame X
3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

The incredible “Incredible” chanteuse! How did she go so completely off the rails?

she has another good album in her, but she refuses to let it out because she's stuborn and obsessed with pissing everyone off :!ohno: