Aly & AJ - 'a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet...'

Kim Kardashian

Ampersand13

I think 'A Touch of the Beat' could've been a great title and definitely with a different cover but this will be a total collapse regardless 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Stifler's Mom

• despy

• Supervillain

Colbygg

This is one of my most anticipated albums of the year. Very excited!

Colbygg

the deluxe has 16 tracks & is out in the fall (if anyone is wondering) 

Ampersand13

Pretty Places as the opening is very interesting, haven't really considered it an opening song kind of track but I'm curious to hear how the whole album sounds in terms of overarching vibes if that makes sense 

Ampersand13

I really hope some hype and momentum build with the incoming announcement :jonny5:

That Bad Eartha
4 hours ago, Kim Kardashian said:

Get Over Here is confirmed for the deluxe (though released on vinyl in June/July as the Listen!!! b-side).

Way Way Back presumably is as it was registered by Yves along with his standard album contributions.

The deluxe is 4 extra tracks, out in the fall.

Probs those 2, I Need My Girl (Pretty Places vinyl b-side) and 1 more. 

Ice Cream Skies

The album title is annoying. The album cover is disgusting.

But the music. The music will be good.

BambiStar

the Fiona Apple title

the Alvvays cover

well, let's hope the music delivers! :chick1:

SpaceOddity
1 hour ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Love me some The National but I'm going to need this to remain a bside and have a new track instead.

BlackJesus
11 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Love me some The National but I'm going to need this to remain a bside and have a new track instead.

No I need it

Sky Engineer

I just know after the album release they'll do a signed vinyl and then release the deluxe and then a signed deluxe, forcing me to buy 4 copies 😩

48 minutes ago, Sky Engineer said:

I just know after the album release they'll do a signed vinyl and then release the deluxe and then a signed deluxe, forcing me to buy 4 copies 😩

:dies: I really need a signed album from them 

Kim Kardashian
2 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I don't think I Need My Girl is on the deluxe (or at least we can't assume) - they talked about 16 tracks for a while and have made no indication of that being one of them.

This is the version they're pressing on the Pretty Places vinyl:

Ewan Chaos

The title should have just been "A Touch of the Beat Gets You Up On Your Feet" without the extra **** at the end, but I will be listening because I always end up listening to their previous EPs like a year after they come out nnn

PlaidShirtDays

Do you have to be a member to get the vinyl? or will it be for public too?

Ice Cream Skies

Pretty Places doesn't feel like an opener to me.

paper moon

The cover is their first misstep in forever so I can definitely overlook it. What really matters is how fantastic the album is going to be. I’m extremely excited!

PoisonCandy

Love the cover. The title length seems unnecessary, but I know the music will be great. Listen is easily the best song of the year so far.

Boniqua
4 hours ago, PlaidShirtDays said:

Do you have to be a member to get the vinyl? or will it be for public too?

You will be able to buy a vinyl of the album without being a fan club member. Though, there will be three variations of the vinyl so it is possible that the fan club will have an exclusive color and/or cover.

However, their fan club store is only a $4 upcharge to get into and is actually mistakenly public right now anyways.

8 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I Need My Girl is NOT one of the 16 tracks.

Your best bet of hearing it aside from the Pretty Places vinyl is if they release it randomly like Slow Burn or tack it on to the deluxe in the fall as a track #17. 

alstrom

Loving the title! The cover art is.. meh, but idc about that. Listen!!! was amazing and I am perched

Delirious

if they removed that ugly ass yellow colour and just used a filter it wouldve been 100000000x better

right now its the contender for probably the worst album cover of the DECADE :deadbanana2:

RadioactiveLights

Excited for this! The cover is serving PicsArt but I'm willing to overlook it lol

They're definitely holding off on the deluxe for profit purposes, but they're indie so I respect the hustle.

I'm glad we got We Don't Stop as a compilation so my organizational freak self can feel better about it as an "era"