Jump to content

Meghan and Harry | The Oprah Interview | Watch in Full


Recommended Posts

CaptainMusic
1 hour ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

Not everything. They made Charles handsome 

:lmao: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • QueenofCopyPaste

    25

  • lostcause

    11

  • Michael196

    11

  • FameFatale

    10

BMURDA617
2 hours ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

Not everything. They made Charles handsome 

:jonny2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 4:13 AM, LookinIn said:

The way the Queen knows the only thing keeping the dusty old monarchy together is her ass :bibliahh:

 

She knows the second she drops dead Charles is about to ruin everything. 

 

She probably told Harry and Meghan to scram while they still could to save them from being doomed with the rest of the family :deadbanana4:

njaz3xklx.thumb.gif.265596515ba7f8d959c1

 

I still believe this is the Queen's doing to rebrand the monarchy in a shady sort of way, allowing Harry and Meghan to branch off and create a competing line to carry on her less official work (yet more important work as she has perceived it) in the commonwealth perhaps. This way her legacy gets to win no matter which side ends up losing 

njaz3xklx.thumb.gif.265596515ba7f8d959c1

:bibliahh:this:bibliahh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
BambiStar

Where are the Oprah reaction gifs? I've only seen

 

oprah-meghan-what.gif?w=480

 

 

but we need "who's having THAT conversation" and "were you silent or were you silenced"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael196
2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Is there a new link for the full interview 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
lostcause
19 hours ago, MrLovett said:

You say that as if we aren't acutely aware of what happened to Princess Diana, and the way birthed Royals such as Princess Margaret were treated as well. The whole institution is toxic as hell, and the fact that you could watch that interview and this could be your response says far more about you than "this chick" Meghan.

 

It's insane to me that people can see all that absolute horrors that she was put through, the mass media public execution, her discussing suicidal thoughts etc. etc. and still to choose she was faking it. We've seen her act, she's not Meryl Streep for god's sake.


One persons word with no word from any other person close to the situation is not the same as the public “seeing” these “horrors”. Most people need corroborated evidence before they blindly follow one or two people’s word as gospel. Some people think she isn’t truthful because she has been proven to constantly lie, even about small things that don’t need to be lied about. It comes across as compulsive. 
 

If Meghan was genuinely suicidal and begging to be sent to a hospital and Harry didn’t say “**** this” and immediately take his sick wife to a hospital he’s evil himself. And if his family didn’t let them leave, and he still talks to his granny (the head of the family and literal queen) and says he respects and loves her he’s even more ****ed in the head. she said it was so bad she thought she needed in-patient treatment. If she told Harry that and he didn't immediately take his pregnant, despairing wife to a hospital, he's the one she should be angry with.
 

These things do not add up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ShouldersSideways
43 minutes ago, lostcause said:

 

If Meghan was genuinely suicidal and begging to be sent to a hospital and Harry didn’t say “**** this” and immediately take his sick wife to a hospital he’s evil himself. And if his family didn’t let them leave, and he still talks to his granny (the head of the family and literal queen) and says he respects and loves her he’s even more ****ed in the head. she said it was so bad she thought she needed in-patient treatment. If she told Harry that and he didn't immediately take his pregnant, despairing wife to a hospital, he's the one she should be angry with.

I think you have valid points, but I think you're also underestimating the constraints of the world these people were born in. Its not exclusive to the British royals, either. The Crown Princess of japan (maybe even Empress now?) tried to kill herself at one point because of how suffocating it was and how there was absolutely no support from the family or their own institution. They're practically in gilded prisons and its not just as simple as saying "**** this" as much as people want to believe it is.

 

You literally can't leave the palace without clearance and arranging security and transport. Their lives are not their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
lostcause
53 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I think you have valid points, but I think you're also underestimating the constraints of the world these people were born in. Its not exclusive to the British royals, either. The Crown Princess of japan (maybe even Empress now?) tried to kill herself at one point because of how suffocating it was and how there was absolutely no support from the family or their own institution. They're practically in gilded prisons and its not just as simple as saying "**** this" as much as people want to believe it is.

 

You literally can't leave the palace without clearance and arranging security and transport. Their lives are not their own.

I totally respect your point of view and agree the pressure of living as a woman in a royal family is insane.
 

But I have questions about Meghan feeling trapped when we have on record countless frivolous travels that were much higher profile than if she were to got to lunch or therapy.

 

When was she prevented from travel? When she was jetting off to NYC for her baby shower? When she vacationed in Italy and Ibiza? Or when she was hanging out with Elton John in France? Why didn’t Elton help Meghan in her time of desperation? 

The entire period of time she claims she was suicidal she was not even living at Kensington Palace. She and Harry spent most of the time in a free house in the Cotswalds. It was free because the developers hoped their presence would advertise for the other houses.

So she was supposedly trapped in a "palace" she was not even living in but she managed to fly to NYC for an ostentatious baby shower/merch fest, to L.A. and Chicago for a girl's weekend, to Amsterdam for a Soho House launch party, to Ibiza for a vacation, on Elton John's private plane for a rest up in Nice. She couldn't sneak out to get mental health assistance but was able to blindside the BRF with her editing of Vogue. How did she sneak out to pose at the Vogue offices? There were also shots of Harry and Meghan in a pub and reports they liked to dine out at certain restaurants but "people left them alone.” 
for more questionable moments of the interview, she claims they smuggled the Archbishop of Canterbury into KP for a wedding 3 days prior to their actual wedding. But an Archbishop of the Church of England can't remarry a couple he has already married, and a Church of England wedding requires 2 witnesses. It can't have been, "Just the three of us." There are so many more discrepancies like this that really make me doubt their word.


When young Princess Diana was making suicidal gestures by slicing herself with a lemon grater, the royal family got her the best therapists immediately, Diana herself attests to this. To think they wouldn't do the same for Meghan, if only to protect the family's reputation as a whole, is ludicrous.

Let's think about this: The BRF's newest duchess, a pregnant woman, says she's feeling suicidal. Why WOULDN'T they get her help? Consider the alternative: a pregnant royal mom-to-be dead by her own hand. There's a story that they would never, ever live down.


Yes, they can’t leave the palace without security and clearance for their own safety. As a 35 year old woman when she married into this family, she was well aware of this. She was obviously able to vacation often over her 19 months of royal work, and is now complaining they don’t have that very protection that was supposedly so smothering to them.

Markle said she didn't have access to her passport (along with her keys and driver license). Well then, how did she fly to NYC for the $500,000 baby shower? How did she fly to the U.S. to watch Serena Williams play tennis? Fly to Lake Como, Italy to visit the Clooneys for the weekend? Fly to France on Elton John's private plane?

Regarding her keys...no, her keys to her Los Angeles apartment don't work at Kensington Palace. Regarding her drivers license...no, her California drivers license isn't legal in the U.K. after she became a resident there and she got driven everywhere by a palace driver.

Edited by lostcause
Link to post
Share on other sites
Archetype
3 hours ago, lostcause said:

I totally respect your point of view and agree the pressure of living as a woman in a royal family is insane.
 

But I have questions about Meghan feeling trapped when we have on record countless frivolous travels that were much higher profile than if she were to got to lunch or therapy.

 

When was she prevented from travel? When she was jetting off to NYC for her baby shower? When she vacationed in Italy and Ibiza? Or when she was hanging out with Elton John in France? Why didn’t Elton help Meghan in her time of desperation? 

The entire period of time she claims she was suicidal she was not even living at Kensington Palace. She and Harry spent most of the time in a free house in the Cotswalds. It was free because the developers hoped their presence would advertise for the other houses.

So she was supposedly trapped in a "palace" she was not even living in but she managed to fly to NYC for an ostentatious baby shower/merch fest, to L.A. and Chicago for a girl's weekend, to Amsterdam for a Soho House launch party, to Ibiza for a vacation, on Elton John's private plane for a rest up in Nice. She couldn't sneak out to get mental health assistance but was able to blindside the BRF with her editing of Vogue. How did she sneak out to pose at the Vogue offices? There were also shots of Harry and Meghan in a pub and reports they liked to dine out at certain restaurants but "people left them alone.” 
for more questionable moments of the interview, she claims they smuggled the Archbishop of Canterbury into KP for a wedding 3 days prior to their actual wedding. But an Archbishop of the Church of England can't remarry a couple he has already married, and a Church of England wedding requires 2 witnesses. It can't have been, "Just the three of us." There are so many more discrepancies like this that really make me doubt their word.


When young Princess Diana was making suicidal gestures by slicing herself with a lemon grater, the royal family got her the best therapists immediately, Diana herself attests to this. To think they wouldn't do the same for Meghan, if only to protect the family's reputation as a whole, is ludicrous.

Let's think about this: The BRF's newest duchess, a pregnant woman, says she's feeling suicidal. Why WOULDN'T they get her help? Consider the alternative: a pregnant royal mom-to-be dead by her own hand. There's a story that they would never, ever live down.


Yes, they can’t leave the palace without security and clearance for their own safety. As a 35 year old woman when she married into this family, she was well aware of this. She was obviously able to vacation often over her 19 months of royal work, and is now complaining they don’t have that very protection that was supposedly so smothering to them.

Markle said she didn't have access to her passport (along with her keys and driver license). Well then, how did she fly to NYC for the $500,000 baby shower? How did she fly to the U.S. to watch Serena Williams play tennis? Fly to Lake Como, Italy to visit the Clooneys for the weekend? Fly to France on Elton John's private plane?

Regarding her keys...no, her keys to her Los Angeles apartment don't work at Kensington Palace. Regarding her drivers license...no, her California drivers license isn't legal in the U.K. after she became a resident there and she got driven everywhere by a palace driver.

You make a lot of valid points, but I would also like to add that her family is her job, her coworkers.  Aside from their cottage, the many palaces they stayed in are their workplaces.  When she traveled, it was of course with approval and security escort, but she was always being watched and stalked by tabloids and newspapers.  When rumors were made about her and spread through the news, the Royal family said very little to defend her or get the media off her back.  The way the media obsessed over and attacked her was insane, and furthermore, the amount of heavily altered stories leaked to the press was highly suspicious.  Harry’s account of having other family members discuss the skin color of his child, the lack of support from his father and other royals, the silent complacency of his brother and Kate, the lack of security for Harry once he moved to the states despite being a Prince and son of the future King, no security for their son… this all adds up and is very deliberate.  Also worth mentioning how H & M constantly compliment the way the Queen has responded to their situation and treated them both with respect since day one of their relationship, and yet they had nothing else to say about anyone else.  All of which makes me think M & H wouldn’t make this up, but I do agree that there are many inconsistencies in this interview.  M didn’t self harm, and was still handling her job well to the point that perhaps the family didn’t think she was as depressed as she truly was.  Yes, she was pregnant, but the family already knew they wanted to leave the UK and weren’t on good terms.  
 

You’re also ignoring the way the monarchy “handled” the Prince Andrew situation, as in, they knew what he was doing for decades and pretended nothing was happening.  Now, instead of legally charging him with crimes he most definitely committed, they try to hide him from the public without saying anything.  These people HATE confrontation, they HATE taking responsibility for their faults, and they will go to any length to cover up a story (even if it means using one of their own as a punching bag).  Even if only 30% of what M&H say is actually true, that 30% is still much more damning than anything M&H have done in their relatively short time on this earth.  The monarchy is still more at fault than anyone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
lostcause
4 minutes ago, Archetype said:

You make a lot of valid points, but I would also like to add that her family is her job, her coworkers.  Aside from their cottage, the many palaces they stayed in are their workplaces.  When she traveled, it was of course with approval and security escort, but she was always being watched and stalked by tabloids and newspapers.  When rumors were made about her and spread through the news, the Royal family said very little to defend her or get the media off her back.  The way the media obsessed over and attacked her was insane, and furthermore, the amount of heavily altered stories leaked to the press was highly suspicious.  Harry’s account of having other family members discuss the skin color of his child, the lack of support from his father and other royals, the silent complacency of his brother and Kate, the lack of security for Harry once he moved to the states despite being a Prince and son of the future King, no security for their son… this all adds up and is very deliberate.  Also worth mentioning how H & M constantly compliment the way the Queen has responded to their situation and treated them both with respect since day one of their relationship, and yet they had nothing else to say about anyone else.  All of which makes me think M & H wouldn’t make this up, but I do agree that there are many inconsistencies in this interview.  M didn’t self harm, and was still handling her job well to the point that perhaps the family didn’t think she was as depressed as she truly was.  Yes, she was pregnant, but the family already knew they wanted to leave the UK and weren’t on good terms.  
 

You’re also ignoring the way the monarchy “handled” the Prince Andrew situation, as in, they knew what he was doing for decades and pretended nothing was happening.  Now, instead of legally charging him with crimes he most definitely committed, they try to hide him from the public without saying anything.  These people HATE confrontation, they HATE taking responsibility for their faults, and they will go to any length to cover up a story (even if it means using one of their own as a punching bag).  Even if only 30% of what M&H say is actually true, that 30% is still much more damning than anything M&H have done in their relatively short time on this earth.  The monarchy is still more at fault than anyone else.

“Now, instead of legally charging him with crimes he most definitely committed, they try to hide him from the public without saying anything.  “
 

The royal family doesn’t have that power. If they attempted to “legally” charge ANYONE with a crime, that charge would be ignored and the institution would be strangled by parliament. 
 

If you can't defend Harry and Meghan without dragging in Andrew, you must realize at some level that their behavior can't really be defended. The fact that Andrew is awful doesn't mean that Harry and Meghan aren't.

 

The British tabloids are that way to every royal. Meghan didn’t have especially awful coverage. Look how they treated Fergie, Duchess Sophie, Camilla, Kates first 10 years, and Harry’s own mother. It was Harry’s responsibility to prepare Meghan for the onslaught to come. He has seen the same and much worse press coverage throughout his life. Why wouldn’t you thoroughly warn a loved one of the downfalls of the life you live? The royal family has always made it very clear they keep a healthy distance from direct correspondence with the press. Why would they shift that policy for one person, why wouldn’t Meghan look into how every royal is treated, look into hundreds year old policy available of the family shes joining? 
if the person I was marrying had extensive detailed family history, believe me I would be looking into it to see what I was getting myself into.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...