Meghan and Harry | The Oprah Interview | Watch in Full

Cryptique

it's so sad they have to go through that.. 

they made the right decision leaving the monarchy :clap3:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Michael196

• lostcause

• FameFatale

Tiziano's Boy

I stand with Harry and Meghan on this, they were right to leave, P*ers is an asshole and he's always licking the Royal's arses as usual, the amount of racist articles towards Meghan is unbelievable, the UK media especially the Daily Fail and The Scum are disgusting and disgraceful.

Cryptique

not to be disrespectful but I honestly thought Meghan was white at first until I read it somewhere that she's biracial

that dark skin tone conversation is still disgusting tho..

iaintiffin

Just because somebody says something, doesn't make it true.

Something about this chick doesn't sit right with my spirit and it never has, and looking at past relationships there is a definite pattern.

Looking forward to the royals response.

rooby.booby

i can't find a link to watch the whole interview :(

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

emmys 1.3

globes 1.5

meghan 2.6 prelim #s

:deadbanana4:

• #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD
3 hours ago, James_Dean said:

:coffee:

Piers Morgan is such a spineless shill 💀 I feel so bad for him and everyone else with the ‘that’s my queen’ mentality. God they weren’t ready for this woman though. Happy she mentioned Andrew too since nobody seems to want to. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD
Posted (edited)

Allow me to defend OUR royal family thank you 💀

Edited by ConceptD

I see a lot of people saying why should we care about these privileged people and their rich people problems. I agree to an extent but this is the royal family we are talking about. There is a fascination with this oddity of an institution. And by oddity, I mean by modern day standards since the royal family are just figureheads at this point. The way the British tabloids hammer Meghan and Harry is disgusting no matter how rich they are. At the end of the day, they are still humans who have emotions. I stand with Meghan and Harry. I think the royal family needs to be dissolved but obviously I’m speaking from an American perspective. I can’t understand the British people’s love for the Royal taxpayer leeches. 

Tiziano's Boy
4 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Allow me to defend OUR royal family thank you 💀

He's acting as if he owns the Royal Family 💀, shrill as usual, Shola was telling the truth :clap3:, she snapped Pier's neck.

lostcause
10 hours ago, Peroxide said:

So the girl should have expected to feel suicidal? Come thru lack of empathy.

No, she’s obviously not cut out for royalty, and I commend the smart choice to step back and focus on family + mental health. I hope her an Harry have some really great therapists in Santa Barbara. Mental health is no joke and it took a lot of courage for her to share her pain with her husband, especially in such an oppressive and demanding firm.

The issue that arises is that instead of focusing on mental health and keeping a low profile, which was the subtext of their move, they chose to do an extremely public, rather incindiary interview with the most famous woman in the world besides Harry’s grandmother. Adults don’t place the source of their problems and solutions on family or others. Adults are responsible for their own health and contentment. This is very important to ones maturity and healing, any therapist will say as much. So much of this interview was blame shifting and pointing fingers, which is unhealthy for someone like Meghan who is obviously sensitive to media attention. She just invited exactly what she’s condemning tenfold. No, she’s not “asking” to be made to feel suicidal, but she’s an adult, and if she understands the root cause of her mental health issues to be negative media attention, stay the hell away from the media. Every famous person is constantly attacked, the best policy seems to be not giving them an inch to work with. Beyoncé has it right, she basically performs and that’s it. She directs attention to her career and doesn’t even give interviews, and that’s how most of the media discuss her, because she has given them nothing else to work with. Meghan has every right to speak to the media as she did last night, but as a 39 year old woman she knows she is actively implicating herself in a media firestorm.We didn’t learn much in this interview we didn’t already know, this simply reignites an intense media attention that is obviously unhealthy for her. 

They're ALL over-privileged mascots glorifying an anti-democratic past. Protocol dictates that Archie not receive an HRH title until he is the grandson of the monarch, that would be when Charles ascends. His cousins have titles already because they are directly inline for the throne as children of the future king. 

“In 1917, Victoria’s grandson (and Queen Elizabeth II's grandfather) King George V issued a new “Letters Patent” (a.k.a. LPs, the kingly equivalent of an executive order) that did away with “HH” altogether. He limited the “HRH” designation to the children of the sovereign, grandchildren in the male line, and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. That is why Archie currently does not have a royal title.”

-Royal historian Marlene Koenig
I go back to - why do people who supposedly fled in terror from the BRF WANT a title for their child? This all comes down to a decision that Harry and Meghan made: To give up their jobs as working Royals. They decided to leave - which is perfectly ok.

Harry said last night he inherited money from Diana. Let him pay for his family's security, that's his job. Because of having left, they're not entitled to get security paid by the British taxpayers, it's simple as that.

Edited by lostcause
DirtyPony87

Ughhhh I hate CBS. I can’t find a good link for this anyyyyywhere.

6 minutes ago, lostcause said:

No, she’s obviously not cut out for royalty, and I commend the smart choice to step back and focus on family + mental health. I hope her an Harry have some really great therapists in Santa Barbara. Mental health is no joke and it took a lot of courage for her to share her pain with her husband, especially in such an oppressive and demanding firm.

The issue that arises is that instead of focusing on mental health and keeping a low profile, which was the subtext of their move, they chose to do an extremely public, rather incindiary interview with the most famous woman in the world besides Harry’s grandmother. Adults don’t place the source of their problems and solutions on family or others. Adults are responsible for their own health and contentment. This is very important to ones maturity and healing, any therapist will say as much. So much of this interview was blame shifting and pointing fingers, which is unhealthy for someone like Meghan who is obviously sensitive to media attention. She just invited exactly what she’s condemning tenfold. No, she’s not “asking” to be made to feel suicidal, but she’s an adult, and if she understands the root cause of her mental health issues to be negative media attention, stay the hell away from the media. Every famous person is constantly attacked, the best policy seems to be not giving them an inch to work with. Beyoncé has it right, she basically performs and that’s it. She directs attention to her career and doesn’t even give interviews, and that’s how most of the media discuss her, because she has given them nothing else to work with. Meghan has every right to speak to the media as she did last night, but as a 39 year old woman she knows she is actively implicating herself in a media firestorm.We didn’t learn much in this interview we didn’t already know, this simply reignites an intense media attention that is obviously unhealthy for her. 

They're ALL over-privileged mascots glorifying an anti-democratic past. Protocol dictates that Archie not receive an HRH title until he is the grandson of the monarch, that would be when Charles ascends. His cousins have titles already because they are directly inline for the throne as children of the future king. 

“In 1917, Victoria’s grandson (and Queen Elizabeth II's grandfather) King George V issued a new “Letters Patent” (a.k.a. LPs, the kingly equivalent of an executive order) that did away with “HH” altogether. He limited the “HRH” designation to the children of the sovereign, grandchildren in the male line, and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. That is why Archie currently does not have a royal title.”

-Royal historian Marlene Koenig
I go back to - why do people who supposedly fled in terror from the BRF WANT a title for their child? This all comes down to a decision that Harry and Meghan made: To give up their jobs as working Royals. They decided to leave - which is perfectly ok.

Harry said last night he inherited money from Diana. Let him pay for his family's security, that's his job. Because of having left, they're not entitled to get security paid by the British taypayers, it's simple as that.

lostcause
21 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Ughhhh I hate CBS. I can’t find a good link for this anyyyyywhere.

:dies: god nene was reality tv GOLD :bibliahh:

Marla Singer

The way Dr Shola skulldragged Piers back to the fiery depths of hell where he was conceived. :jonny6:

Bey'Knight

Just watched it on terrestrial tv here. I completely stand by Harry and Meghan. There’s a pattern of the media sensationalising any woman that weds into the family. They did it with Kate, Fergie, Diana and loads more I’m sure. Meghan’s case is no doubt exacerbated by her mixed race heritage period. Anyone writing essays here without admitting that much is a phoney cornball. 

Im so glad they got out for their sanity.   The tabloids wouldn’t have stopped till they have yet another prince’s wife’s blood on their ruthless fangs. 

Edited by Bey'Knight
On
6 hours ago, rivers said:

I see a lot of people saying why should we care about these privileged people and their rich people problems. I agree to an extent but this is the royal family we are talking about. There is a fascination with this oddity of an institution. And by oddity, I mean by modern day standards since the royal family are just figureheads at this point. The way the British tabloids hammer Meghan and Harry is disgusting no matter how rich they are. At the end of the day, they are still humans who have emotions. I stand with Meghan and Harry. I think the royal family needs to be dissolved but obviously I’m speaking from an American perspective. I can’t understand the British people’s love for the Royal taxpayer leeches. 

That's not particularly true. The royal family was paid by the government for 15-20% of the revenues from their real estate in the Crown Estate (which made around 300-400M in revenue every year). Without power, the royal family is basically a very very rich family who owns a lot of real estate in the UK and lives off the profits from them. So it's not entirely taxpayer money as people said.

Not to mention the tourism impact and the worldwide attention that the UK got from the royal family (as demonstrated by this interview in particular)

Edited by Sept
Michael196
8 hours ago, rooby.booby said:

i can't find a link to watch the whole interview :(

If you haven’t found yet, I updated op with a working link

loveofpopculture

Its disturbing that no one wanted to help her when she was contemplating harming herself and her unborn baby. It's now up to the firm to right their wrong and give her what she and Archie deserve: protection.

MrLovett
13 hours ago, iaintiffin said:

Just because somebody says something, doesn't make it true.

Something about this chick doesn't sit right with my spirit and it never has, and looking at past relationships there is a definite pattern.

Looking forward to the royals response.

You say that as if we aren't acutely aware of what happened to Princess Diana, and the way birthed Royals such as Princess Margaret were treated as well. The whole institution is toxic as hell, and the fact that you could watch that interview and this could be your response says far more about you than "this chick" Meghan.

It's insane to me that people can see all that absolute horrors that she was put through, the mass media public execution, her discussing suicidal thoughts etc. etc. and still to choose she was faking it. We've seen her act, she's not Meryl Streep for god's sake.

Dula Peep

So ‘The Crown’ was accurate about everything they depicted on the show then? ...Got it.

Rihbeyga

Harry was the true star here. 

Megan didn’t give us any true tea. Bitch I wanted names. The firm. The institution. Names!

leightxn
16 hours ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

I stand with Harry and Meghan on this, they were right to leave, P*ers is an asshole and he's always licking the Royal's arses as usual, the amount of racist articles towards Meghan is unbelievable, the UK media especially the Daily Fail and The Scum are disgusting and disgraceful.

:clap3:

Pans Labyrinth
1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

So ‘The Crown’ was accurate about everything they depicted on the show then? ...Got it.

Not everything. They made Charles handsome 

SamanthaJadeFr

DM me if you want a working link to watch the doc :party: