• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Madame X

• rlj

• Nemo

• SLIME

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see all those B-Sides :rip: gonna have to spectate this one. 

mokitsu

the bsides really are a chore to get through :rip:  i finished all the main albums tho

hi lovelies, if i tagged you it's because you showed some sort of interest in participating in the rate in this thread. just wanted to let y'all know a couple things:

- i extended the deadline an extra month to May 1st since we're not really in a rush, and some people said they weren't sure if they had enough time to complete their ballots in time (since there's so many b-sides, i feel like that may turn several people off from participating, but hopefully a month extension may give you enough time and have you reconsider listening to them and rating them)

- for all the spotify girlies, the good sis clue curated a playlist with every song included in the rate (with the exception of "Pop Is Dead" which can be found on YouTube and is linked in the PM-friendly list) hopefully this makes it easier for people who were concerned about having to search and find all the b-sides individually (i use apple music, so if i'm able to figure out how to curate a playlist and make it public/sharable i'll include that too when i get a chance):

btw, i've never hosted a rate before, so i'm kinda just winging everything for now. i hope i'm able to complete it successfully :rip: and i hope we get a decent amount of participants. if any past rate hosts have any tips or anything, i'll take anything you got!

6 minutes ago, ReverseWarholian said:

Is it too late? 

u got almost 2 months

bestfiction

Ok so which album should I start with? I have no clue about their music. I assume OK Computer since it's so beloved but I don't think I'd like to start with their magnum opus x

3 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Ok so which album should I start with? I have no clue about their music. I assume OK Computer since it's so beloved but I don't think I'd like to start with their magnum opus x

I think The Bends, it's one of their most accessible.

modern thing
15 minutes ago, Nemo said:

- for all the spotify girlies, the good sis clue curated a playlist with every song included in the rate (with the exception of "Pop Is Dead" which can be found on YouTube and is linked in the PM-friendly list)

this is great, thank you! 

Thanks so much for the playlist! I’ve been listening to Kid A non stop and ready to drag PabNO Honey :heart:

Lucas32
1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

If you‘re intend on rating everything going in order of release is a great way to see their evolution.

Most acclaimed works would be Ok Computer, Kid A & In Rainbows.

Alaska.

Thank you for extending the deadline since I'm currently scalped by OK Computer so it's going to take a while to listen to the rest :jamming:

Spoiler

No surprises is so beautiful, I should have got into their discog sooner :chick3:

Edited by Alaska.
Soda Pop Queen

I'll participate! It'll be a nice change of pace for this forum and another excuse to listen to the genius that is Radiohead. 

Everest
6 hours ago, Nemo said:

hi lovelies, if i tagged you it's because you showed some sort of interest in participating in the rate in this thread. just wanted to let y'all know a couple things:

- i extended the deadline an extra month to May 1st since we're not really in a rush, and some people said they weren't sure if they had enough time to complete their ballots in time (since there's so many b-sides, i feel like that may turn several people off from participating, but hopefully a month extension may give you enough time and have you reconsider listening to them and rating them)

- for all the spotify girlies, the good sis clue curated a playlist with every song included in the rate (with the exception of "Pop Is Dead" which can be found on YouTube and is linked in the PM-friendly list) hopefully this makes it easier for people who were concerned about having to search and find all the b-sides individually (i use apple music, so if i'm able to figure out how to curate a playlist and make it public/sharable i'll include that too when i get a chance):

btw, i've never hosted a rate before, so i'm kinda just winging everything for now. i hope i'm able to complete it successfully :rip: and i hope we get a decent amount of participants. if any past rate hosts have any tips or anything, i'll take anything you got!

Thank sis :clap3: I will probably try working on this over the next few weeks

Thanks Nemo you are real.

im bad about getting these done so you can spam me about it

dan.harry
11 hours ago, Nemo said:

Thank you! This gives me time to finish other earlier rates :D

Everest

Backdrifts is an ELEVEN if I've ever heard one

giphy.gif

Edited by Everest