Pollstar: Top Grossing Black Touring Artists

Quenn

20 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

This is why you should keep away from talking about him/his career.

He has spoken about not wanting to play stadiums because of how ****ty the sound quality tends to be. Everyone knows that arena shows are a better experience musically for fans.

Funny for you to say someone who sold out the O2 arena 8 times, the Madison Square Garden 7 times and the Forum in LA 7 times (all in the same tour) can't play stadiums if they wanted. Like I said, you're a Swiftie. I don't know why you're pressed about Drake.

Also, the "Views tour" was the tour he went on with Future. He gave Migos and Future co-headlining credit out of respect but if you attended any of the shows, you'd know who the real headliner was because they performed for 30-40+ minutes before he came on for a 2-hour set every night. Also, Migos and Future have only ever played arenas with Drake. On their own, they can't even sell out 3K capacity venues. He has only gone on 4 arena tours and those 4 tours have grossed almost $400 million. Only someone who is delusional would try to turn that into a negative. 

I'll say it again. Focus on being a Swiftie. Stay out of Drake's business because it's clear you know nothing about it. 

This essay. 

*yawn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onewillowsilk

• Squall

• Yuanyu

• Richie.Valdez

1 minute ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

This essay. 

*yawn

You didn't have to read it, yet alone quote it. Here's the attention you wanted to badly. 

26 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

He has spoken about not wanting to play stadiums because of how messy the sound quality tends to be. Everyone knows that arena shows are a better experience musically for fans.

Funny for you to say someone who sold out the O2 arena 8 times, the Madison Square Garden 7 times and the Forum in LA 7 times (all in the same tour) can't play stadiums if they wanted. Like I said, you're a Swiftie. I don't know why you're pressed about Drake.

Also, the "Views tour" was the tour he went on with Future. He gave Migos and Future co-headlining credit out of respect but if you attended any of the shows, you'd know who the real headliner was because they performed for 30-40+ minutes before he came on for a 2-hour set every night. Also, Migos and Future have only ever played arenas with Drake. On their own, they can't even sell out 3K capacity venues. He has only gone on 4 arena tours and those 4 tours have grossed almost $400 million. Only someone who is delusional would try to turn that into a negative. 

I'll say it again. Focus on being a Swiftie. Stay out of Drake's business because it's clear you know nothing about it. 

There are still 5 different tours:

- the two tours with other acts 

- The Boy Meets World Tour

- The Club Paradise Tour

- Would You Like A Tour?

$330M isn’t « almost $400M » 

17 minutes ago, Squall said:

There are still 5 different tours:

- the two tours with other acts 

- The Boy Meets World Tour

- The Club Paradise Tour

- Would You Like A Tour?

$330M isn’t « almost $400M » 

Nice to know you've done your googles to find out the name of the tours :dies:

The Boy Meets World tour is simply the European leg of the Summer Sixteen tour. It had the same production set up and everything. He just gave it a different name. Same thing he did for his 2019 tour which was just the European leg of his 2018 tour but had it under a different name, all with the same production set up. For the Would You Like a Tour and Club Paradise Tour he played both North American and European dates under the same tour name, so essentially, he's been on 4 arena tours. Again, you'd know all of this if you actually knew anything about Drake him/his career. 

It's so weird how you're pressed about Drake and trying to undermine his success as a touring act when receipts have already been provided and prove otherwise. 

Trying to drag his tours won't take away from how successful and dominant he is and I'm sorry but it won't take away whatever insecurity you feel about his success :gaycat2:

42 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

He has spoken about not wanting to play stadiums because of how messy the sound quality tends to be. Everyone knows that arena shows are a better experience musically for fans.

Drake is such a touring force, especially in NA :clap3:ATRL can continue to seethe as he breaks every record possible.

OT: The gap between Bey and the others :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Nice to know you've done your googles to find out the name of the tours :dies:

The Boy Meets World tour is simply the European leg of the Summer Sixteen tour. It had the same production set up and everything. He just gave it a different name. Same thing he did for his 2019 tour which was just the European leg of his 2018 tour but had it under a different name, all with the same production set up. For the Would You Like a Tour and Club Paradise Tour he played both North American and European dates under the same tour name, so essentially, he's been on 4 arena tours. Again, you'd know all of this if you actually knew anything about Drake him/his career. 

It's so weird how you're pressed about Drake and trying to undermine his success as a touring act when receipts have already been provided and prove otherwise. 

Trying to drag his tours won't take away from how successful and dominant he is and I'm sorry but it won't take away whatever insecurity you feel about his success :gaycat2:

Chill, not my fault if he made two different tours for this :skull: 

Also, the fact I don’t think her touring stats are impressive doesn’t mean I am pressed. He is doing ok but I just don’t think they are amazing (the same goes to Rihanna btw). 

I remember reading a thread about him cancelling dates/struggling to sell but yeah I really don’t remember what tour it what about so whatever

I remember when ATRL some years ago swore Beyoncé could never fill a stadium on her own :lmao:

Does anyone knows how much Queen Tina made taking into consideration the inflation?  :eek:

20 minutes ago, Squall said:

Chill, not my fault if he made two different tours for this :skull: 

Also, the fact I don’t think her touring stats are impressive doesn’t mean I am pressed. He is doing ok but I just don’t think they are amazing (the same goes to Rihanna btw). 

I remember reading a thread about him cancelling dates/struggling to sell but yeah I really don’t remember what tour it what about so whatever

That you don't see the problem with that shows how ignorant you are. This is a thread celebrating the touring power of black artists. You stan a white artist and you came in here trying to undermine the touring power of a black artist. Don't you see how messy that is? 

Artists cancel/postpone dates for various reasons as I'm sure you're aware. It isn't always because dates aren't selling out.

Many of Drake's dates which got postponed had already sold out but because of health/production issues, he postponed their dates. He cancelled the last 6 (sold out) dates of his 2016 tour because he had issues with his knee and couldn't even walk as a result.

Another example is that he cancelled some dates on his 2019 European tour not because they didn't sell out but because the Toronto Raptors (a team he's a fan of) were on a playoff run and he wanted to be there to watch the games live.

That's why I've been saying that if you aren't a Drake fan, you won't know these things and when you go off just what people on ATRL (who don't know any better/know about his career), you don't get the whole story. 

Drake has never struggled to sell out any tour. That's just a lie/inaccuracy pop stans started to undermine his touring success because he outdoes their faves and they hate that he does. 

That you don't see the problem with that shows how ignorant you are. This is a thread celebrating the touring power of black artists. You stan a white artist and you came in here trying to undermine the touring power of a black artist. Don't you see how messy that is? 

Artists cancel/postpone dates for various reasons as I'm sure you're aware. It isn't always because dates aren't selling out.

Many of Drake's dates which got postponed had already sold out but because of health/production issues, he postponed their dates. He cancelled the last 6 (sold out) dates of his 2016 tour because he had issues with his knee and couldn't even walk as a result.

Another example is that he cancelled some dates on his 2019 European tour not because they didn't sell out but because the Toronto Raptors (a team he's a fan of) were on a playoff run and he wanted to be there to watch the games live.

That's why I've been saying that if you aren't a Drake fan, you won't know these things and when you go off just what people on ATRL (who don't know any better/know about his career), you don't get the whole story. 

Drake has never struggled to sell out any tour. That's just a lie/inaccuracy pop stans started to undermine his touring success because he outdoes their faves and they hate that he does. 

Because I stan a white artist I can’t say a black artist’s stats aren’t impressive? Did I say Beyoncé’s weren’t? Why do you guys always have to go that far with the race card, it’s SO annoying :dies: 

34 minutes ago, Quenn said:

Drake is such a touring force, especially in NA :clap3:ATRL can continue to seethe as he breaks every record possible.

OT: The gap between Bey and the others :deadbanana:

Like. He has played 50+ arenas only in the US more than once. He's also solid in Europe/Oceania. The only places I'd say I'm not yet sure about his touring strength are Asia/South America and that's only because he's never toured in those places before. It's amazing to me that anyone would try to undermine his power as a touring force. 

Beyoncè is a beast but Jay Z's numbers are cooked. He's only that high because he toured off the strength of Beyoncè, Eminem and Justin Timberlake. On his own, he isn't that strong of a touring act. That's why he's always on co-headlining tours with bigger touring acts than himself. 

Expected Drake to be bigger with the force he is (esp now when touring is more profitable)

some pop girls from the last decades even beat him

anyways where tf is Michael??

I know he didn't tour much but he should be close to 300m at least...

Just now, Squall said:

Because I stan a white artist I can’t say a black artist’s stats aren’t impressive? Did I say Beyoncé’s weren’t? Why do you guys always have to go that far with the race card, it’s SO annoying :dies: 

How are Drake's numbers not impressive? Especially when I've provided context to them? 

In the top 5 of the list in this thread, he's the only artist who is yet to play stadiums and he's the artist who has been touring for the shortest period of time. Yet you doubled down, insisting that he doesn't play stadiums because he can't when it's very clear that he can and simply chooses not to based on the many shows he does in multiple cities. You're insisting he struggles to sell out dates because a random nobody on ATRL told you so instead of you doing research to see that isn't true. 

It's even worse because you're debating on the touring powers of an artist you know nothing about. I've exposed how little you know about Drake's career throughout this thread and you're still going and of course I'll bring race into it when other people simply complimented the artists mentioned and moved on but you chose to talk down on an artist mentioned in the list. 

You're the same person who will get mad defensive if anyone says anything critical about your fave yet when you do the same to another artist and those criticisms aren't even based on facts, you don't want to get called out on that either.  

So this is just from the last 20 years? I wonder what the real list would look like.

Edited by lostcause

26 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

How are Drake's numbers not impressive? Especially when I've provided context to them? 

In the top 5 of the list in this thread, he's the only artist who is yet to play stadiums and he's the artist who has been touring for the shortest period of time. Yet you doubled down, insisting that he doesn't play stadiums because he can't when it's very clear that he can and simply chooses not to based on the many shows he does in multiple cities. You're insisting he struggles to sell out dates because a random nobody on ATRL told you so instead of you doing research to see that isn't true. 

It's even worse because you're debating on the touring powers of an artist you know nothing about. I've exposed how little you know about Drake's career throughout this thread and you're still going and of course I'll bring race into it when other people simply complimented the artists mentioned and moved on but you chose to talk down on an artist mentioned in the list. 

You're the same person who will get mad defensive if anyone says anything critical about your fave yet when you do the same to another artist and those criticisms aren't even based on facts, you don't want to get called out on that either.  

So because they're black, your only right is to "compliment them" and go? What kind of stupid logic is this? :dies: 

He's doing good but not amazing IMO, especially considering his popularity. These 4/5 tours had 282 dates overall. They grossed about $335M if I remember my counting from lately correctly. It gives an $1.188M/date average. As I said, it's quite good but nothing AMAZING or OUTSTANDING.

Edited by Squall

20 minutes ago, Squall said:

So because they're black, your only right is to "compliment them" and go? What kind of stupid logic is this? :dies: 

He's doing good but not amazing IMO, especially considering his popularity. These 4/5 tours had 282 dates overall. They grossed about $335M if I remember my counting from lately correctly. It gives an $1.188M/date average. As I said, it's quite good but nothing AMAZING or OUTSTANDING.

Why does that matter? You came into a thread celebrating black artists and your first thought was to undermine their success. That you don't see the problem in that tells me all I need to know and stop acting like you didn't come in here saying he struggles to sell out shows and doesn't play stadiums because he can't until I cleared you on both points. Now it's his numbers are good but not amazing because of how popular he is. Just stop it.

Your fave is also popular yet her singles underperform and don't serve longevity. See how that works? 

Edited by onewillowsilk

2 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

1 hour ago, onewillowsilk said:

Why does that matter? You came into a thread celebrating black artists and your first thought was to undermine their success. That you don't see the problem in that tells me all I need to know and stop acting like you didn't come in here saying he struggles to sell out shows and doesn't play stadiums because he can't until I cleared you on both points. Now it's his numbers are good but not amazing because of how popular he is. Just stop it.

Your fave is also popular yet her singles underperform and don't serve longevity. See how that works? 

Oh God shut up, I only talked about Drake. You're acting like I came in here and attacked ALL of them because they're black, you're so weird :dies: 

This thread has always been about revenues as stated by the ranking. My point still stands: he isn't that much of a touring force, he's doing fine but it's not necessarily outstanding or impressive. It's just MY opinion and I'm not going to shut up because "Drake is a black artist!!!".

This thread is about single sales?  My posts have always been about touring (the subject of the thread) so stay on topic.

Edited by Squall

Gosh this is so wrong

is this for the decade?? (even tho she still would've been mentioned)

Janet should also be there

she is like at Least +200m tour gross I think

(she has always had an impressive touring, even after her ban (at least for someone who was cancelled and an old act))

I need the Janet stans to come up with her touring receipts

@allforyou @jdmc219

1 minute ago, Rev8 said:

Gosh this is so wrong

(she has always had an impressive touring, even after her ban (at least for someone who was cancelled and an old act))

@allforyou @jdmc219

That list is sincd 2000 so her first 3 tours aren't counted, but anyway she should still be on the list since she has grossed $215M since 2000

7 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Gosh this is so wrong

@allforyou @jdmc219

I go by tickets anyway. I mean it's easy when you're hot to be a high grossing act when ticket prices have inflated triple prices since back in the day. Tina is still that record holder for ticket sales.

1 hour ago, Yuanyu said:

2019: the year he cut his European tour short so he could watch the NBA playoffs live? Yeah, right. 

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Oh God shut up, I only talked about Drake. You're acting like I came in here and attacked ALL of them because they're black, you're so weird :dies: 

This thread has always been about revenues as stated by the ranking. My point still stands: he isn't that much of a touring force, he's doing fine but it's not necessarily outstanding or impressive. It's just MY opinion and I'm not going to shut up because "Drake is a black artist!!!".

This thread is about single sales?  My posts have always been about touring (the subject of the thread) so stay on topic.

"You're so weird" says the weirdo who came into a thread celebrating black artists to talk down on the success of one of the most successful. Just shut the hell up and don't quote me anymore. Interacting with you is like interacting like a brick wall. Bye. 

Edited by onewillowsilk

"You're so weird" says the weirdo who came into a thread celebrating black artists to talk down on the success of one of the most successful. Just shut the hell up and don't quote me anymore. Interacting with you is like interacting like a brick wall. Bye. 

Im not talking down on the success of one of the most successful black artists. I'm posting facts. 

You said he sold out O2 arena 8 times but he had an average attendance of 81% due this assassination vacation tour in 2019. It's easy if your don't like facts don't use fake information

btw it's interesting how you haven't had any problem to talk down on the success of Jay Z, one of the most successful and influential black artists. 

15 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Im not talking down on the success of one of the most successful black artists. I'm posting facts. 

You said he sold out O2 arena 8 times but he had an average attendance of 81% due this assassination vacation tour in 2019. It's easy if your don't like facts don't use fake information

btw it's interesting how you haven't had any problem to talk down on the success of Jay Z, one of the most successful and influential black artists. 

Nothing I said about Jay Z is inaccurate. His biggest tours are his tours with Beyoncè (where he tagged along because Beyoncè can sell out stadiums by herself while he can't). The 4 times he has played stadiums? Twice with Beyoncè, once with Eminem and once with Justin Timberlake. Outside of those, his highest-grossing tour is the Watch the Throne tour with Kanye West. 

There's nothing wrong with co-headlining a tour when both acts are similar in star power but he's always been the smaller artist in his co-headlining tours. That's not the case with Drake's 2 co-headlining tours. He's clearly way bigger than Migos/Future as those acts have only ever toured arenas with Drake and by themselves they play 3-5K venues. 

That doesn't take anything from Jay Z. He's still a legend, but he isn't fooling anyone with his touring stats. And I'm not the only one who called that out. Many other people did and that's because it's the truth. Go on Twitter and see people saying the same thing. 

Nothing I said about Jay Z is inaccurate. His biggest tours are his tours with Beyoncè (where he tagged along because Beyoncè can sell out stadiums by herself while he can't). The 4 times he has played stadiums? Twice with Beyoncè, once with Eminem and once with Justin Timberlake. Outside of those, his highest-grossing tour is the Watch the Throne tour with Kanye West. 

There's nothing wrong with co-headlining a tour when both acts are similar in star power but he's always been the smaller artist in his co-headlining tours. That's not the case with Drake's 2 co-headlining tours. He's clearly way bigger than Migos/Future as those acts have only ever toured arenas with Drake and by themselves they play 3-5K venues. 

That doesn't take anything from Jay Z. He's still a legend, but he isn't fooling anyone with his touring stats. And I'm not the only one who called that out. Many other people did and that's because it's the truth. Go on Twitter and see people saying the same thing. 

Using your words, nothing I said about Drake is inaccurate and you accused me of talking down on Drake's success. Make it make sense

19 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Using your words, nothing I said about Drake is inaccurate and you accused me of talking down on Drake's success. Make it make sense

The second quote wasn't towards you. It was towards someone else. Go back and read my post. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.