Jump to content

Pollstar: Top Grossing Black Touring Artists


Recommended Posts

1. Beyoncé

Overall gross: $1,008,743,477

 

jreed1703 | Beyonce formation, Beyoncé giselle knowles, Beyonce formation  tour

 

2. Jay-Z

Overall gross: $695 million

 

Jay-Z: Ditch the Self-Help Platitudes | Westword

 

3. Drake

Overall gross: $348 million

 

Drake Performed "Back To Back" For The Last Time "Ever” On New Year's Eve |  The FADER

 

4. Rihanna

Overall gross: $336 million

 

800px-Rihanna_Diamonds_World_Tour_13%2C_2013.jpg

 

5. Tina Turner

Overall gross: $235 million

 

Tina Turner Musical 'Tina' Set for Broadway Debut in Fall 2019 - Rolling  Stone

 

Rest of the Top 10:

Spoiler

6. Kanye West

Overall gross: $219 million

 

7. Prince

Overall gross: $207 million

 

8. Lionel Richie

Overall gross: $192 million

 

9. Kevin Hart

Overall gross: $171 million

 

10. Chris Brown

Overall gross: $157 million

 

Source: https://www.pollstar.com/article/boxoffice-insider-top-grossing-black-touring-artists-147430

------

Any surprises? :clap3:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • onewillowsilk

    12

  • Squall

    8

  • Yuanyu

    3

  • Quenn

    2

Thinking Of You
13 minutes ago, Quenn said:

5. Tina Turner

The way she had to play stadiums in Europe. She had no other choice. Touring legend :alexz:

Link to post
Share on other sites

The STANDARD in front as always :clap3:

 

And dddd take 200 million off JayZ and give it to his wife since we all know he only grossed that **** from OTR 1and 2 :rip:

 

Drake outgrossing Rihanna??! :eek:

 

Tina Turner the ORIGINAL STADIUM QUEEN. Sus was slaying 80k stadiums in Loubiton Pumps before half the list were even born. Kanye being such a touring force is incredible. Wow what a list :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris in the top 10 still while unable to tour in some major places unlike anyone else :clap3:a legend

Link to post
Share on other sites
99sandthe2000s

"What's better than one billionaire? Two

'Specially if they're from the same hue as you"

621424657.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scorp said:

The STANDARD in front as always :clap3:

 

And dddd take 200 million off JayZ and give it to his wife since we all know he only grossed that **** from OTR 1and 2 :rip:

 

Drake outgrossing Rihanna??! :eek:

 

Tina Turner the ORIGINAL STADIUM QUEEN. Sus was slaying 80k stadiums in Loubiton Pumps before half the list were even born. Kanye being such a touring force is incredible. Wow what a list :clap3:

I think that’s more like $370m.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly in my book Tina is #1... Inflation and the surge in the touring industry really benefitted newer artists. 

 

Didn't know Drake's tours do so well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
onewillowsilk

Remember when delusional ATRL folk kept insisting Drake doesn't tour well and can't even sell out arenas (based on absolutely nothing) because they're bitter about how he outdoes their faves easily every single year? :dies:

 

It's also important to note than Drake has never played stadiums (which gross exponentially more money than arenas do) and has only gone on 4 (30-50+ date) arena tours and yet he's already that high :gaycat5:

 

Drake is the only person in the top 5 who is yet to play stadiums and has been touring for the shortest period of time (2012-2019) and yet he's #3 :dies:

Edited by onewillowsilk
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Remember when delusional ATRL folk kept insisting Drake doesn't tour well and can't even sell out arenas (based on absolutely nothing) because they're bitter about how he outdoes their faves easily every single year? :dies:

 

It's also important to note than Drake has never played stadiums (which gross exponentially more money than arenas do) and has only gone on 4 (30-50+ date) arena tours and yet he's already that high :gaycat5:

 

Drake is the only person in the top 5 who is yet to play stadiums and has been touring for the shortest period of time (2012-2019) and yet he's #3 :dies:

Maybe because his last tour struggled? :dies: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

Tina Turner more than Aretha Franklin.:WAP:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
onewillowsilk
1 hour ago, Squall said:

Maybe because his last tour struggled? :dies: 

His last tour is the highest-grossing rap tour of all time. How does that make any sense? 

 

You people don't know anything about his career and only regurgitate the things you see other people say about him which are mostly untrue. 

 

How is he the 3rd highest-grossing black touring artist of the last 21 years with only 4 arena tours to his name if any of his tours struggled? 

 

Maybe you should just focus on being a Swiftie and leave Drake's career to the people who actually know enough about it to have discussions about it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

His last tour is the highest-grossing rap tour of all time. How does that make any sense? 

 

You people don't know anything about his career and only regurgitate the things you see other people say about him which are mostly untrue. 

 

How is he the 3rd highest-grossing black touring artist of the last 21 years with only 4 arena tours to his name if any of his tours struggled? 

 

Maybe you should just focus on being a Swiftie and leave Drake's career to the people who actually know enough about it to have discussions about it.  

There is a reason he isn't doing stadiums. 

 

I'm talking about the tour with Migos, a lot of dates weren't even done full capacity, @peterstyles13already gave the receipts 2-3 years ago, I can't remember exactly the details but I remember he wasn't doing that good.

 

Also, it seems like he had 5 (?):

 

Migos tour

Future tour

Views tour

NWTS tour

Take Care tour

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Richie.Valdez

Quick question, if there's a top grossing black-only touring list made.

 

Would making a white-only be considered racist? :huh: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Armani👑
1 minute ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Quick question, if there's a top grossing black-only touring list made.

 

Would making a white-only be considered racist? :huh: 

It's Black History Month

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...