Future Nostalgia platinum in the UK (first 2020 album)

BlackoutZone

She also crossed 1M album sales in the UK overall

The platinum success of Future Nostalgia also means that Dua Lipa has now passed one million Official Charts Company album sales in the UK. Her self-titled 2017 debut has sales of 708,302, according to the Official Charts Company, bringing the combined total across both studio albums to 1,008,257.

https://www.musicweek.com/talent/read/dua-lipa-passes-million-sales-milestone-in-the-uk/082696

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

UK's MPG did that :clap:

not bad for less than a year :clap3:

A #1 platinum smash album :clap3:

If it weren’t for their crappy methodology it’d probably be 2 or 3 times platinum by now :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Cain said:

UK legend :clap3:

UK certifications are so ****ed tho, not this being the first 2020 album to go Plat :skull:

I prefer it like this tbh. It makes platinum an achievement. 

1 minute ago, DiamondHoe said:

I ‘like’ it but I don’t think it’s fair to artists now compared to albums in past. Albums used to sell 300k per week if they were really huge and plenty of big 2010s album have reached sales of 2M. Something that will never happen to albums released now, no matter how big the era

Just now, Cain said:

I ‘like’ it but I don’t think it’s fair to artists now compared to albums in past. Albums used to sell 300k per week if they were really huge and plenty of big 2010s album have reached sales of 2M. Something that will never happen to albums released now, no matter how big the era

Yeh I agree. It’s kinda funny how the opposite happened for singles. Where as traditionally it was really impressive for a single to scan platinum in the UK, bigger hits these days tend to reach 3x or 4x platinum with relative ease as long as they have longevity. 

Like to took Poker Face 7 odd years to reach 2x platinum, where as Shallow was certified 3x plat in like 18 months :rip: and poker face is top 5 in the longest charting female singles in UK history (shallow is too nnnn, but you get my point) 

UK certificacions are a mess, the era is huge there and it's barely scratching platinum :deadbanana:

44 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

My problem with their methodology is that albums could receive huge streams and only go platinum once, it's almost as if they punish artists for having huge single. They average singles too heavily and their threshold for singles is way too high, diamond is 6 million units right? Not even Shape of You has made it there yet

1 hour ago, DiamondHoe said:

I mean you’re kinda right but platinum is usually the standard for a successful album and Future Nostalgia is a huge album in the UK (nearly 30 weeks in the top 10, top 3 on the YEC). It doesn’t feel right to see an album this big “only” platinum imo. 

Edited by Enzolorenzo

2 hours ago, Squall said:

They need to change the thresholds or their methodology, it’s ridiculous :dies: 

This

4 hours ago, Cain said:

UK legend :clap3:

UK certifications are so ****ed tho, not this being the first 2020 album to go Plat :skull:

They need to be changed...because Sam, Kylie and Little Mix's albums felt big but barely pushing Gold.

Edited by Yog
Reasons

6 minutes ago, Yog said:

Also: Niall Horan new album was unfortunately the first 2020 album to go plat

Heartbreak Weather is Silver.

2 minutes ago, KIIKK said:

Heartbreak Weather is Silver.

People have too much time on Wikipedia :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.