Ginny & Georgia | S1 on Netflix now

If this is AP please lmk, I searched but couldn’t find anything

has anyone watched this yet? I turned it on tonight just as background noise while eating dinner and ending up binging it for 10 hours straight :skull: the twists, the reveals, the acting :jonny6:

i’d best describe it as a mix of gilmore girls, desperate housewives, and little fires everywhere

my only quarrel with it was the cringeworthy tap dancing scene a few episodes in. maybe the cringiest thing ive ever seen on tv lmfao I had to skip forward :biblio: 

Edited by May
SchmoodRing
1 hour ago, May said:

If this is AP please lmk, I searched but couldn’t find anything

has anyone watched this yet? I turned it on tonight just as background noise while eating dinner and ending up binging it for 10 hours straight :skull: the twists, the reveals, the acting :jonny6:

i’d best describe it as a mix of gilmore girls, desperate housewives, and little fires everywhere

Hide contents

my only quarrel with it was the cringeworthy tap dancing scene a few episodes in. maybe the cringiest thing ive ever seen on tv lmfao I had to skip forward :biblio: 

I'm gonna wait to get into this because I have PTSD from pre mature cancelations 

I haven't watched it yet. But just yesterday I was checking out the trailer, and I can't get over why they couldn't have an actress playing the mother be bit older I'm sure Holywood isn't short of actresses. The age difference between the two actresses is only 7 years. Like... if you wanna make new Gilmore Girls at least make it a bit realistic. 

21 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I haven't watched it yet. But just yesterday I was checking out the trailer, and I can't get over why they couldn't have an actress playing the mother be bit older I'm sure Holywood isn't short of actresses. The age difference between the two actresses is only 7 years. Like... if you wanna make new Gilmore Girls at least make it a bit realistic. 

I get why this is annoying, it is a p vital part to the story that the mother gave birth when she was only 15 though :thing: 

10 minutes ago, May said:

I get why this is annoying, it is a p vital part to the story that the mother gave birth when she was only 15 though :thing: 

Yeah, that's fine, but they could have hired an actress that actually is 15 years older then the actress playing her daughter. :cm: Lauren Graham was 14 years older than Alexis Bledel when they were playing Gilmore Girls, at least that was believable as Lorelai gave birth to Rory when she was 16. 

Ginny and Georgia look like sisters or best friends. 7 years is such a small age difference between actresses playing daughter & mother.

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Yeah, that's fine, but they could have hired an actress that actually is 15 years older then the actress playing her daughter. :cm: Lauren Graham was 14 years older than Alexis Bledel when they were playing Gilmore Girls, at least that was believable as Lorelai gave birth to Rory when she was 16. 

Ginny and Georgia look like sisters or best friends. 7 years is such a small age difference between actresses playing daughter & mother.

Yeah I get what you mean, it’s especially annoying to me when shows cast literal 30 year olds as teenagers :rip: i grew up beating myself up bc i didn’t look like the 14/15 year olds on TV .. meanwhile they were all in their mid to late 20’s :ahh: 

I hope u still check it out bc it’s a great show 

Started it on Friday and finished it on Saturday.

It's no Queen's Gambit but it's one of those shows that's mostly good, easy to binge, and you're excited for the next episode!

Ginny & Georgia may be 7 years apart irl, and I also thought the role of Georgia looked too young in the beginning, but the actress did a great job of portraying Georgia that it wasn't a big deal to me. 

I really liked the show! I hope it gets renewed for a second season. 

Bethenny Frankel

All I keep seeing is this getting panned for the Taylor slut shaming and the toothbrush scene

Johnny Jacobs

The show is really good! 

A gay character (beside the avril Lavigne wannabe) is in need tho. 

Maxine outsold everyone tbh

Underclass King

I love Desperate Housewives and Gilmore Girls, so I’ll have to check this show out. I originally heard about it through stans crying on Twitter over some dumb Taylor Swift joke, but outside of that it seems to be getting alright/good reviews.

The clip that Netflix used to promote the show when it popped up on my netflix page is cringe and a mess. Tumblr stan level of writing :rip: 

10 hours ago, Venom said:

Started it on Friday and finished it on Saturday.

It's no Queen's Gambit but it's one of those shows that's mostly good, easy to binge, and you're excited for the next episode!

Ginny & Georgia may be 7 years apart irl, and I also thought the role of Georgia looked too young in the beginning, but the actress did a great job of portraying Georgia that it wasn't a big deal to me. 

I really liked the show! I hope it gets renewed for a second season. 

the ending when it was revealed she put her dead husbands ashes in the fireworks had me shook

I think it’ll get renewed, it’s going extremely viral on TikTok (for both good and bad reasons) and it’s been sitting at #1 in many countries since release

48 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I auditioned for this show. Kinda pissed i didnt get the role

Do you know what role you auditioned for? 

badgirlriri

The contrast between the reviews and the reception here :toofunny3: Lemme add to my list to watch 

I hadn’t heard of this show until Taylor started to advertise it, but now I am interested 

The Witch
Just now, badgirlriri said:

The contrast between the reviews and the reception here :toofunny3: Lemme add to my list to watch 

this is the new Insatiable methinks :hippo:

2 hours ago, May said:

Hide contents

the ending when it was revealed she put her dead husbands ashes in the fireworks had me shook

I think it’ll get renewed, it’s going extremely viral on TikTok (for both good and bad reasons) and it’s been sitting at #1 in many countries since release

I completely forgot about the TSwift joke. As soon as they said it, I facepalm'd because it was such a bad line.

But yes, hopefully it's renewed.

StyledFamous

I liked it, binged it this weekend! I hope they get another season. Marcus is a cutie and Max is a vibe!

Watched ep 1 and it's so dumb, then I read all the positive reviews in here :rip: Should I continue? 

with all the free promo this has gotten today I expect an easy s2 renewal :thing:

4 hours ago, May said:

with all the free promo this has gotten today I expect an easy s2 renewal :thing:

The way Georgia won!

f635c461a791a5db3932f639f45d30db81dba9db.gifv

22 hours ago, Sept said:

Watched ep 1 and it's so dumb, then I read all the positive reviews in here :rip: Should I continue? 

it's cringy but entertaining if you don't take it too seriously :giraffe: