Jump to content

most controversial discount/remix?


Dark Horse

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • AlexStexaul

    29

  • Doogle

    16

  • Blade

    15

  • DiamondHoe

    13

Top Posters In This Topic

mikeyace16

Lady Gaga selling an entire album in 2011 for 99 cents and nothing has come close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer

Willow was just lame, she thought she'd snatch the #1 with ease but it was a competitive week so she went all out with the desperation :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlexStexaul
3 minutes ago, lovemehateme said:

Gaga's 99 cents deal

rihanna’s rated r 99 cents deal and only selling around 180k copies and debuting at #4 

sounds embarrassing to me 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Americana
Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Willow was just lame, she thought she'd snatch the #1 with ease but it was a competitive week so she went all out with the desperation :rip:

Atleast she earned it

She has 6 #2s (it's still a record for most #2s btw) and was determined not to have another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
DiamondHoe

Taylor discounting her discounts was pretty bad. You could buy her single for less than a pack of gum 

 

The biggest kii was definitely the Me! tactics tho :rip: #fromMetoYou and her team tweeting how to make sure the gifting counted as a sale was such a holler 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Stratus

The iconic Taylor's willow. When put into a precarious position she became the girl we saw back with ME! with the 'songwriter who just wants to make art' kii

 

Also Katy's TD singles discounts were a topic of contention back in the day - not the worse but one that came to mind. 

 

Rihanna Rated R deal that was hidden for years only to be brought back up like an embarrassing one night stand last year. 

 

twitter crocodile GIF

Edited by Mr. Stratus
Link to post
Share on other sites
feuxtography

Willow desperation and T's inherit hate for Mariah Carey of all people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlexStexaul
2 minutes ago, mikeyace16 said:

Lady Gaga selling an entire album in 2011 for 99 cents and nothing has come close.

at least she was successful with it and there was a demand. sold 1M copies in first week and 2M WW

rihanna sold rated r for 99 cents only to debut at #4 and end up selling 180k 

:dies:

Link to post
Share on other sites
WildAmerican
3 minutes ago, mikeyace16 said:

Lady Gaga selling an entire album in 2011 for 99 cents and nothing has come close.

gaga in your head rent freeeeeeee :deadbanana4:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Miss Americana said:

Atleast she earned it

She has 6 #2s (it's still a record for most #2s btw) and was determined not to have another.

Sure, but it all came off as a cheap tactic to feed a fragile ego. I don't think losing with dignity would've made her look half bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
feuxtography
1 minute ago, AlexStexaul said:

rihanna’s rated r 99 cents deal and only selling around 180k copies and debuting at #4 

sounds embarrassing to me 

 

Dont forget Rihanna's free samsung album giveaway that she tried scamming billboard into inflating her numbers via beyonce's fraudulent husband. All that for a #27 debut. 

 

:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Exquisite
2 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

Taylor discounting her discounts was pretty bad. You could buy her single for less than a pack of gum 

 

The biggest kii was definitely the Me! tactics tho :rip: #fromMetoYou and her team tweeting how to make sure the gifting counted as a sale was such a holler 

This is something you should really leave for the stans to do :emofish:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Million Reasons having the longest-running discount of all time on iTunes back during its run.

Edited by Fnooky
Link to post
Share on other sites
AlexStexaul

https://m.facebook.com/rihanna/posts/199745039720 

 

and

 

https://www.google.com.tr/amp/s/thatgrapejuice.net/2009/11/rihannas-rated-r-flop/%3famp

 

According to Billboard, Rihanna’s much hyped ‘comeback’ album ‘Rated R’ is  on course to sell just 162,000 copies in its first week on sale. The news comes in the midst of her label okaying the LP being sold for $3.99, and eventually $0.99 in its opening week.

 

 

THE WAY SHE SOLD HER ALBUM FOR 99 CENTS AND NOBODY EVEN CARED :dies::ahh:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DiamondHoe
4 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

Taylor discounting her discounts was pretty bad. You could buy her single for less than a pack of gum 

 

The biggest kii was definitely the Me! tactics tho :rip: #fromMetoYou and her team tweeting how to make sure the gifting counted as a sale was such a holler 

Nnnnnm and i forgot to mention the part of the Me! first week campaign when they sold vinyls of her REHEARSAL, and cd’s of the billboard performance :dies: i like Taylor as an artist but that was peak embarrassment let’s be real. I’m sure even the swifties will agree. 
 

the way they did all that just to lose as well makes it even more embarrassing :rip:

 

if someone has a link to the threads from that week I’d love to see them. Literally an eternal kii 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DiamondHoe
2 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

https://m.facebook.com/rihanna/posts/199745039720 

 

and

 

https://www.google.com.tr/amp/s/thatgrapejuice.net/2009/11/rihannas-rated-r-flop/%3famp

 

According to Billboard, Rihanna’s much hyped ‘comeback’ album ‘Rated R’ is  on course to sell just 162,000 copies in its first week on sale. The news comes in the midst of her label okaying the LP being sold for $3.99, and eventually $0.99 in its opening week.

 

 

THE WAY SHE SOLD HER ALBUM FOR 99 CENTS AND NOBODY EVEN CARED :dies::ahh:

 

Wait a min? But rih stans always come for miss Gaga over this? :omg: On Amazon as well :WAP:

 

@istan4badgalriri thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Lady GaGa discounting Joanne to the lowest amount possible during its debut week. A repeated offender!

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Stratus
2 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

https://m.facebook.com/rihanna/posts/199745039720 

 

and

 

https://www.google.com.tr/amp/s/thatgrapejuice.net/2009/11/rihannas-rated-r-flop/%3famp

 

According to Billboard, Rihanna’s much hyped ‘comeback’ album ‘Rated R’ is  on course to sell just 162,000 copies in its first week on sale. The news comes in the midst of her label okaying the LP being sold for $3.99, and eventually $0.99 in its opening week.

 

 

THE WAY SHE SOLD HER ALBUM FOR 99 CENTS AND NOBODY EVEN CARED :dies::ahh:

 

:dies: :dies: :dies:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...