Taylor hasn't had a flop era yet. Why?

mikeyace16

23 minutes ago, cassandrae said:

She has a dedicated fanbase that will buy anything from her

no, she just has songs that connect with people and don't age with time. She keeps adding more and more people into her admirers with each release. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Just now, xfreshkidxx said:

She has a dedidated fanbase like others pointed out. :ryan2:

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

OT : Because she keeps releasing good material. Evermore is a little bit underperformance, and it's all because she paid the album to dust after the first week

the lead single itself has entered Top 20 on Radio chart with 0 promotion, which reflects she is still capable to get massive success if she promoted

27 minutes ago, cassandrae said:

She has a dedicated fanbase that will buy anything from her

It's the same reason Mcdonalds hasn't flopped. Plus she's hardly had any polarising moments. No not uploading to Spotify does not mean she's a risk taking fave :rip:

5 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

She has a dedidated fanbase like others pointed out. :ryan2:

A dedicated fanbase will only get you so far. Does solely having a dedicated fanbase explains why still to this day Taylor DOUBLES the nearest female artist in weekly streams in America? Does it explain why she's more critically acclaimed than her peers? Does it explain why she's a way bigger award darling to this day?

Clearly trying to justify her success simply by saying it's fuelled by a dedicated fanbase (not that there's anything wrong with that) is stupidly reductive :hippo:

Edited by peterstyles13
8 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

absolutely is :rip:. It's not like she's changed fans around a ton of times. I'm not going to state what the demographic is though. The context should be there. 

:bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

It's the same reason Mcdonalds hasn't flopped. Plus she's hardly had any polarising moments. No not uploading to Spotify does not mean she's a risk taking fave :rip:

McDonalds is a fast food chain, food is a necessary and it is so cheap and broad. Music is a hobby, NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO LISTEN TO HER :deadbanana4: Also she is one of the most acclaimed female artists ever :deadbanana4: Imagine being this dumb :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Ribs said:

:bibliahh:

I don't dislike Taylor as an artist, but I just think she has weaknesses like literally any other popstar. Credit being given where it's due, she's unquestionably one of the biggest artists of all-time. 

St. Charles

Artistofthedecade
26 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

It absolutely is :rip:. It's not like she's changed fans around a ton of times. I'm not going to state what the demographic is though. The context should be there. 

-

OT: Anyways, Evermore isn't a flop but it spawned 0 hits, willow bombed with 52 remixes, and the album of leftovers is already starting to wane in terms of popularity. Pop Smoke's posthumous album outlasted Folklore + Evermore combined. Future Nostalgia is outstreaming it three times over, and Plastic Hearts is getting more daily streams apparently? :rip: 

I didn't like her country stuff in past and i become fan of her after her pop stuff so she absolutely changed fans. I am just one of examples and i know tons of people around me as well. 

Also, Willow is not flop. It is top25 this week after 10 weeks and approaching 200 million streams after 2 months. 

3 remixes(with little differences) being 52 remixes too. :rip: Anything to make a point, i guess. 

Pop Smoke has hardly moved as much units as Folklore, let alone Folklore+Evermore. Not even saying it having death boost+ one of the biggest albums of recent years in US. 

Comparing Dance Pop Album with HUGE PLAYLISTING and 8 SINGLES and RE-RELEASE with multiple songs is another thing you thought you did something when you did not. 

Again, anything to make a point i guess. 

donkey.thumb.gif.380647d71e100dd26e33169

Honestly, I think Taylor hasn’t flopped because she genuinely enjoys being an entertainer. Everything Taylor does, is never done with minimal effort, she makes the era’s worthwhile for fans.  

17 minutes ago, Mercurio said:

Honestly, I think Taylor hasn’t flopped because she genuinely enjoys being an entertainer. Everything Taylor does, is never done with minimal effort, she makes the era’s worthwhile for fans.  

This is true. Thats why I fell in love with Taylor gaga bey back in the day, they put everything into thier eras, Taylor is the only one who still does. My other fave is eatinh oreos on her couch amd the other doing ivy park or something.

Idk how some people can run in here and say her "fanbase". she has 4 1 mill openers and has not gone down from 800k openings almost 15 years in:rip: is she really the only artist to be able to keep a fanbase? 

She built up a reputation of releasing only quality over a decade so people will always anticipate her new releases.

2 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I'm sorry Taylor Swift has been able to master multiple demographics and continue to break records in every single metric 15 years into her career while others have stooped to releasing exclusive cookies

donkey.thumb.gif.380647d71e100dd26e33169

Reputation6754

TALENT, especially Songwriting. 
even though I hate lover, I can’t deny how good the lyrics are in some songs. 
Death by a thousand cuts, the archer, and Cornelia street are a few examples of good songwriting.  

3 hours ago, Timber said:

4m, just looked it up. About as much as Plastic Hearts.

Because Plastic Hearts just had its current single re-released on your faves album :hippo:

Edited by Headlock
2 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

2016 happened.

And yes, changing entire genres twice, is a risk. It’s not Taylor’s fault she was able to do so to huge success both times.