Taylor hasn't had a flop era yet. Why?

mikeyace16

Avoided the fourth album curse. Successfully made the transition to MPG with 1989. Earned her two most acclaimed albums (and record breaking) more than 14 years into her career (less than 5 months apart). :worship2: and now is about launch a successful re-release era.

• #FreeBritney Activist

Her songs are so addicting.

I was not a fan until 1989 and then she really got me.

That's why.:WAP:

• #FreeBritney Activist

I know this is inspired by the Bey thread

but weren't several threads like this (that included Taylor) done before?

Isn’t Evermore at like 780m Spotify streams? And getting like 4m streams per day?

Edited by Timber
1 minute ago, Timber said:

Isn’t Evermore at like 700m Spotify streams? And getting less than 5m streams per day?

Spotify is her weakest streaming market and her playlisting is near to zero when it comes to evermore. But it is still getting stayble 5M+ streams everyday. You tried and failed.

3 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Spotify is her weakest streaming market and her playlisting is near to zero when it comes to evermore. But it is still getting stayble 5M+ streams everyday. You tried and failed.

4m, just looked it up. About as much as Plastic Hearts.

Edited by Timber
2 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

She pretty much mastered appealing to a certain demographic, even though most outside of it don't really listen to her regularly. 

What is this demographic you speaking of ? She has switched COMPLETE genres three times and she is still here, still the biggest female artist. Imagine thinking the 'demographic' that listens to Fearless is the same as 1989 or folklore :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Timber said:

Isn’t Evermore at like 700m Spotify streams? And getting less than 5m streams per day?

Are you suggesting three weeks at number one, number one on the building year end chart so far, still in the top ten album evermore - which moved a million units globally in its first week - is a flop?

Because arguably more than any other MPG, she established herself as a dominant force in every single metric. She's incredibly huge when it comes to pure sales, she's a streaming juggernaut (most streamed female artist of 2020 and most streamed female artist of 2021 so far), she has the biggest touring power out of all the pop girls from this generation, she has pretty much unprecedented praise when it comes to awards (might soon be the only female artist to win the most prestigious music award THREE TIMES) and she cemented herself as one of the most critically acclaimed pop girl ever with albums such as Red, folklore and evermore.

Therefore, if Taylor ever has shortcomings in a particular metric, it doesn't matter that much since her success in all the other departments make it seem at best like a minor inconvenience :michael: See: Taylor not scoring any mega hit in 2020 but still being the most consumed female artist globally :michael:

4 minutes ago, Ribs said:

What is this demographic you speaking of ? She has switched COMPLETE genres three times and she is still here, still the biggest female artist. Imagine thinking the 'demographic' that listens to Fearless is the same as 1989 or folklore :bibliahh:

inb4 that user responds with "white soccer moms" or "white teen girls" as if she's not the biggest pop girl in Asia :rip:

3 minutes ago, Timber said:

Your obsession is SCARY. The way it fell under 5M for the first time yesterday and here you are PERCHED :bibliahh: Even I dont follow her spotify numbers this frequently. Her power is so scary indeed, living rent free in haters minds. :bibliahh:

• #FreeBritney Activist
7 minutes ago, Timber said:

Don't look Sunday updates only.

16-beyonce-coachella-1_w700_h700.thumb.j

4 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Your obsession is SCARY. The way it fell under 5M for the first time yesterday and here you are PERCHED :bibliahh: Even I dont follow her spotify numbers this frequently. Her power is so scary indeed, living rent free in haters minds. :bibliahh:

I wonder why this source says 4.1m and yours says 4.4.

https://chartmasters.org/spotify-top-2020-albums/

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Taylor is an obession wbk. The way this user came twice at Taylor's base and saying that now has switched.

ScqbVsf.gif

11 minutes ago, Ribs said:

It absolutely is :rip:. It's not like she's changed fans around a ton of times. I'm not going to state what the demographic is though. The context should be there. 

-

OT: Anyways, Evermore isn't a flop but it spawned 0 hits, willow bombed with 52 remixes, and the album of leftovers is already starting to wane in terms of popularity. Pop Smoke's posthumous album outlasted Folklore + Evermore combined. Future Nostalgia is outstreaming it three times over, and Plastic Hearts is getting more daily streams apparently? :rip: 

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, Ribs said:

What happened to your Twitter btw :deadbanana:

OT: TALENT.

I am taking time off from updates.

OT: TALENT.

22 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

I know this is inspired by the Bey thread

but weren't several threads like this (that included Taylor) done before?

The Bey thread was inspired by the one I made about Ariana, who very obviously has not flopped yet because she hasn’t set the bar high for herself unlike these two ladies 

TABS

Even though I must call out that even though she hasn’t ever flopped, there is obviously a relative decline (slow but it’s there) since the 1989. It’s just that the lowest selling Taylor Swift album will still be the best selling album of the year 

6 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Omg :ahh:

So obsessed :ahh:

don't be shy to admit you're a fan @Timber, you beat 90% of us already :clap3: