Moments that backfired for pop girls?

mikeyace16

3 minutes ago, usedtothis said:

Electra Heart era. She made her label go bankrupt AND she went bald :deadbanana4:

It ran deeper than that.

She caved in to the pressure of her label by compromising her sound, she had to act and pose like a character during the promotion and tour and it ultimately didn't live up to anyone's expectations other than a portion of her fanbase. Now she's stuck forever with material she doesn't particularly enjoy performing in every single tour she does.

10 minutes ago, usedtothis said:

Electra Heart era. She made her label go bankrupt AND she went bald :deadbanana4:

How did it backfire when majority of her fanbase joined during that era and EH itself is a cult classic? :cm:

40 minutes ago, TheFameMonster said:

How did it backfire when majority of her fanbase joined during that era and EH itself is a cult classic? :cm:

42 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

It ran deeper than that.

She caved in to the pressure of her label by compromising her sound, she had to act and pose like a character during the promotion and tour and it ultimately didn't live up to anyone's expectations other than a portion of her fanbase. Now she's stuck forever with material she doesn't particularly enjoy performing in every single tour she does.

:cm:

When Gaga won her Oscar and Monsters were screaming "RePeAk!!!! 111!!!!" and thought it would carry over into LG6. 

giphy.gif?w=364&h=291

4 hours ago, Rev8 said:

I need to see the ATRL thread for it tbh :rip:

I think it was mixed. Some people thought it was going to be really successful. They had a lot of HUGE names so people were really interested. They also offered FLAC, which is a lossless type of audio file that has maximum quality. After a while though, the curtains started to fall. Then the ANTi-Lemonade-Meek Mill mess happened and the rest is history. :rip:

Duffy doing that Coke diet commercial

Ariana being cringey with pete for the entire sweetener era

Meghan Trainor photoshopped in the Me Too MV

Edited by Samsom
1 hour ago, usedtothis said:

1 hour ago, Lorelei said:

It ran deeper than that.

is there like a thread on electra heart because i stanned marina right before the end and on paper it looks like a success 

Edited by worldwide angel
45 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

is there like a thread on electra heart because i stanned marina right before the end and on paper it looks like a success 

I stanned right after too so I just learned everything through some retrospective interviews (especially during FROOT era)