Does Xtina have any great albums start to finish?

I was thinking how Britney & Beyoncé both have great magnum opuses (Britney having ITZ & Blackout, Beyoncé having ST & Lemonade) with refined tracklists that you can listen to start to finish without skipping any songs; and then I got to thinking about Xtina. I love Stripped & Back to Basics and while I think they both contain some great songs, they both contain several fillers that drag them down quite a bit imo.

So what do you think, does Xtina have any great studio albums from start to finish, or do you agree with me that she lacks that?

base talk] Careers with potential ruined for bad attitude? - Page 2 - Base  - ATRL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RULES

• Robyn.

• selena_lavigne

• KillingYourCareer

Top Posters In This Topic

pieceofgök

The truth is she does not. Christina's problem has always been her album lenghts (cramping way too many songs onto one album). I'd say Stripped and Bionic are the most consistent

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I love Stripped & Back to Basics and while I think they both contain some great songs, they both contain several fillers that drag them down quite a bit imo.

Name them.

8K6DXcI.gif

Mtjjproducer

B2B side one. 

also I conderder liberation because I deleted accelerate and thankful forget it exists lol

• #FreeBritney Activist

The only song on Stripped that I don't really like is Make Over. So I would say it's nearly perfection for me. Even the interludes. Love them.

7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I love Stripped & Back to Basics and while I think they both contain some great songs, they both contain several fillers that drag them down quite a bit

Name them?

Debut

Stripped

B2B

Burlesque

Liberation 

Are good albums start to finish. Even the least liked songs are decent.

Edited by RULES
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Totami Legend

Stripped a lil bit

The good songs in between the fillers:

vnui8FE.gif

pieceofgök
Just now, RULES said:

Name them?

Debut

Stripped

B2B

Liberation 

Decent doesn't equal great. IMO a great album is an album where all the tracks are atleast an 8/10 or higher. Debut has several 6/10 songs.

Anticipating

No, there’s a reason she doesn’t have any acclaimed albums. They’re all full of filler. 

xfreshkidxx

They have alot of fillers and most are dated trash that is unlistenable today. 

Edited by xfreshkidxx
Just now, pieceofgök said:

Decent doesn't equal great. IMO a great album is an album where all the tracks are atleast an 8/10 or higher. Debut has several 6/10 songs.

Then I’d reword great. I don’t agree with you regarding her debut. It’s a strong debut for it’s time. Literally almost any song could be a single outside one or two songs but they are enjoyable.

14 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Britney having ITZ & Blackout

ITZ has Brave New Girl though, the rest is top notch though 

As for Xtina, the only album I can listen to in full is Liberation because it doesn't sound outdated 

vnui8FE.gif

No.  Bionic is her best album and even then it has stuff like you lost me on it.  But she has a collection of keepers every single album.  

well the 2 on lotus isn’t a handful 

KillingYourCareer

That's a subjective opinion. I find Back to Basics and Liberation to be amazing from start to finish.

selena_lavigne
8 minutes ago, RULES said:

Name them?

Debut

Stripped

B2B

Burlesque

Liberation 

not you forgetting her only kinda good album Bionic :biblio:

OT: Xtina has some great deepcuts and iconic singles but listening to an entire album by her is a chore.

9 minutes ago, RULES said:

Name them?

Make Over, Underappreciated, Soar are top filler material

base talk] Careers with potential ruined for bad attitude? - Page 2 - Base  - ATRL