• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onewillowsilk

• Michael196

• Ampersand13

• Skirt

JawBreaker
29 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

And at the same time they have benefited from a change of billboard 200 rules. 

Taylor's 2006 debut charted for 275 weeks and spent 150 weeks of it top 50 the 2nd most weeks for any female artist album only 1 week behind adele's 21. And it spent most of it before that rule change if I'm not mistaken so no excuses :coffee2:

OT: Taylor, Drake and Eminem :jonny6:

AlexStexaul
1 hour ago, onewillowsilk said:

Lady Gaga - 645 weeks 

queen of pop and oscar winner legend albums artist :WAP:

2 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Taylor's 2006 debut charted for 275 weeks and spent 150 weeks of it top 50 the 2nd most weeks for any female artist album only 1 week behind adele's 21. And it spent most of it before that rule change if I'm not mistaken so no excuses :coffee2:

I have not said the have not got very successful albums but if you don't understand that this rule has influenced their billboard 200 charting weeks you are blind

DiamondHoe

Barbra :omg:

Taylor and Madonna :clap3:

Gaga and Bey repping the sales queens out of the recent girls :clap3:

Rih and Ariana repping the streaming queens :clap3:

Michael196
3 hours ago, Feanor said:

When all I said and done, Taylor should end up at #3, behind Drake and The Beatles :clap3:

and by that, you mean next year :fan:

Michael196
3 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

don't waste your breathe on the new addition to the losers club OTHs of this site

now that fearless added another week, Taylor got 3 albums with 258+ weeks

• #FreeBritney Activist

drakes going to be #2 by mid decade.

5. Elton John - 1,874 weeks 

Lady Gaga - 645 weeks

LEGENDS :clap3:

Also Gaga wll surpass Jay-z in over two weeks she's been charting the past few weeks with TF/ASIB/Chromatica:jonny5:

and where's Brit? she should make the list she has like 9 albums :rip:

Edited by Rhiannon
onewillowsilk
23 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

He'll surpass him in 36 weeks. Drake and Eminem chart 6 and 2 albums weekly respectively. In 36 weeks, Drake will have charted for 2,075 weeks while Eminem will have charted for 2,073 weeks.

It'll happen sooner if/when Drake releases an album comes this year. That will probably cause some of his older albums to re-enter the Billboard 200. 

@slw84he'll be #2 before the end of the year. 

onewillowsilk
16 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

5. Elton John - 1,874 weeks 

Lady Gaga - 645 weeks

LEGENDS :clap3:

Also Gaga wll surpass Jay-z in over two weeks she's been charting the past few weeks with TF/ASIB/Chromatica:jonny5:

and where's Brit? she should make the list she has like 9 albums :rip:

Britney Spears has 16 entries on the Billboard 200 and they've spent a combined 472 weeks charting. Not enough weeks to make either list. 

onewillowsilk

OP updated. George Strait, The Beach Boys, Frank Sinatra, Bob Seger and Billy Joel added. 

Zac Brown Band, Tom Petty, Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, Carole King, Pink, Bonnie Raitt, Enya and Twenty One Pilots added. 

SwiftLover

The Beatles

Drake

Taylor

The soon to be top 3 and will be that way for DECADES :allears:

OTH must be on their death beds. Can someone go check? :foxaylove3:

Edited by SwiftLover
  • #FreeBritney Activist
7 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

@slw84he'll be #2 before the end of the year. 

:flame:

onewillowsilk

OP updated. Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Willie Nelson, Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart, U2, The Temptations, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Johnny Cash, Aerosmith, Kenny Chesney and Blake Shelton added. 

Aretha Franklin, Paul McCartney, Andy Williams, Stevie Wonder, Toby Keith, Santana, Diana Ross, Bee Gees, Neil Young, The Supremes, Linda Ronstadt, John Denver, Van Morrison, Jason Aldean, Phil Collins, Luke Bryan, Red Hot Chill Peppers, James Taylor, Hall & Oates, Rascal Flatts, Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Maroon 5, Kenny G, John Mellencamp, Original Broadway Cast, Simon & Garfunkel, The Moody Blues, Def Leppard, Nickelback, Keith Urban, The Who, Michael Bublé, Doobie Brothers, Ozzy Osbourne, Paul, Peter & Mary, Earth, Wind & Fire, Lionel Richie, Michael Bolton, Kid Rock, R. Kelly, Foreigner, Five Finger Death Punch, Jethro Tull, Green Day, Chris Brown, Foo Fighters, Heart and Josh Groban added. 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:11 PM, Yuanyu said:

I have not said the have not got very successful albums but if you don't understand that this rule has influenced their billboard 200 charting weeks you are blind

What rules? 1989 wasn't even on streaming for 3 years

GreatestLoveofAll

Well lets go Miss Houston! I only wish she did another album of two in the 90s instead of the Bodyguard tour. The hype alone would have sent her to 1,200 weeks at LEAST.

On 2/24/2021 at 11:22 AM, onewillowsilk said:

Britney Spears has 16 entries on the Billboard 200 and they've spent a combined 472 weeks charting. Not enough weeks to make either list. 

It's really funny how fast people just move on from her music 💀💀 she belonged to a certain point in time and when that was over.....

. No nongevity on either Hot 100 or Billboard 200

Meanwhile Drake's music keeps being consumed over and over again. 

OT: Barbra never fails to amaze me😩 what on earth? 

onewillowsilk
1 hour ago, WEEKND said:

It's really funny how fast people just move on from her music 💀💀 she belonged to a certain point in time and when that was over.....

. No nongevity on either Hot 100 or Billboard 200

Meanwhile Drake's music keeps being consumed over and over again. 

OT: Barbra never fails to amaze me😩 what on earth? 

Some artists simply don't chart well on the Billboard 200. Some artists only have huge singles and that's it. Britney was still scoring hits in 2011 so her career as a hitmaker didn't end quickly. She's also still a touring veteran, but the time when she was at her strongest is definitely over. 

In compiling this list, I've found that an album being 30, 40 or even 50 years old didn't matter. If it was something people enjoyed enough, they'd keep going back to it and it'd keep charting. It's the same way many artists release albums today and it only charts for a few weeks before falling off. 

The lists are essentially a gauge of people with the strongest back-catalogs.