Could a Cardi collab be Mariah's 20th #1?

Do you see a Mariah & Cardi collab hitting #1?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see a Mariah & Cardi collab hitting #1?

• Yes, if it's a proper duet. Or if Mariah is the feature.
    • Yes, though not as much if Cardi is just the feature.
    • Not so much, streaming listeners are still very ageist.

This part of Mariah's chat with Cardi from Interview magazine caught my eye:

CAREY: I’m just asking because I feel the same way. And I have it a different way because people don’t know how to categorize me sometimes, and that sucks. But I think people should listen to the words you say, because you’re saying it from firsthand experience. You’ve gotten less than other artists who are not artists of color, and yet your influence has been way broader. So let’s fix that. We’re going to do that, we’re going to do our bra line, and one of these days, can we do a song together?

CARDI B: I would love that. I would love to do a record that touches souls. You had me heartbroken when I was 11 years old and I didn’t even have a boyfriend.

It sounds like a collaboration between these two will happen no matter what. Other than Drake, I think a Cardi collab is Mariah's best chance to earn a 20th Hot 100 #1 (and especially away from Christmas). Do you see it happening? 

ifyouseekLEM

Definitely. Mariah needs to start becoming the collab queen to pad her stats (like

Beyoncé, no shade). Drake, Cardi and remixes too like she did with Unforgettable.

I am not even sure how these two would sound together. But, I would want it to be a female I Know What You Want. 

1 hour ago, Stepfon said:

I am not even sure how these two would sound together. But, I would want it to be a female I Know What You Want. 

Omfg this concept :eek:

SIDE2SIDE

cardi on a classic mariah uptempo record would be fire

like I wish the 'a no no' cardi remix rumour was real

TheFameMonster

Everyone said Oh Santa will go top 10 because of Ariana and it tanked.

Mariah isn't relevant except AIWFCIY.

Don't Stop Me Now
3 minutes ago, TheFameMonster said:

Nobody actually thought OS would go top 10.:rip: And Mariah is one of the top pre 2000’s most streamed female artists and we are nearly in March. Sit your ass down some where. 

OT

Mariah just want a collab - she loves working with rappers. She wanted Cardi on ‘A No No’ but it didn’t happen. 

TheFameMonster
2 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

Nobody actually thought OS would go top 10.:rip: And Mariah is one of the top pre 2000’s most streamed female artists and we are nearly in March. Sit your ass down some where. 

If Ariana couldn't give Mariah a hit during Christmas, nor will Cardi, especially during not Christmas time :rip: 

Don't Stop Me Now
7 minutes ago, TheFameMonster said:

If Ariana couldn't give Mariah a hit during Christmas, nor will Cardi, especially during not Christmas time :rip: 

If Mariah was looking for a hit, she wouldn’t have put Ariana on a 10 year old X-Mas song. Plus right along with J-Hud, which actually killed the excitement for some people. Make it make sense.:rip: And Mariah is a huge fan of Hip Hop music, and is obviously a fan of Cardi’s. She loves teaming up with rappers as she has been doing for over 20 years.

Edited by Don't Stop Me Now
Rico Shameless v2
27 minutes ago, TheFameMonster said:

Oh Santa is a terrible song.

Mariah is extremely relevant.