What do you think happened with Ciara's career?

UnanimousBB16

She did crunk when it was in at the time which gained her some success. However, crunk was literally only in for like 3/4 years and she failed to evolve. Had she did Alternative R&B or do more pop leaning songs she would have more success.

Mariya Takeuchi

It's because most of the original 3 disc version of fantasy ride leaked and then the concept got scrapped which pissed a lot of fans off. She also got backlash for working with Chris Brown so soon but most of all this has been forgotten unless you were reading sites like concreteloop etc at the time. From there it was just poor single choices and bad decisions all around tbh

It was the label problems with FR that made her take too much time between albums

If love sex and magic was the single in 2008 the story would have been diferent. But I don't think she recorded that until the previous singles flopped

Edit: Also she needed a stargate ballad just like everybody else did at the time as the second single. 

She tried the danja timbaland sound a year  late. All those songs are the ones that aged the worst because of the label problems she took too long to release them

Edited by Digitalism
add info

I never got why people were so mad at her for making pop music. Chris Brown, NeYo, Rihanna, and some others who debuted at the same time as her did the same.

And with Lloyd, I am sure Murda Inc thought he was fake too for ditching them, despite it being the right move.

It seemed like she was an easy target, due to being mild mannered and quiet.

1 hour ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

I never got why people were so mad at her for making pop music. Chris Brown, NeYo, Rihanna, and some others who debuted at the same time as her did the same.

And with Lloyd, I am sure Murda Inc thought he was fake too for ditching them, despite it being the right move.

It seemed like she was an easy target, due to being mild mannered and quiet.

Neyo Chris and Rihanna were already more mainstream in the first place when they did Pop Music. All had released poppy/mainstream singles prior. Ciara was really pushed as the hood/crunk princess so I think the contrast between one to the other was more jarring (at least for her supporters)

Kind of similar to when Nicki went pop in a sense. 

Edited by FAME.
BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Ciara making her debut in the hiphop subgenre crunk made it awkward for her to crossover to pop, so when she tried to it backfired. It's not that black artists cant go pop but it should feel organic otherwise it looks like a trend hopping money grab for some reason. 

Crunk died. The demand wasn't there anymore. Her sound only changed slightly to a more R&B/Pop sound (sans Crunk) by her third album, but she was about a year too late. R&B had reached it's peak around 2008.

The GP lost interest almost completely with "Fantasy Ride". Pop radio basically saved "Love Sex & Magic".

Other reasons: Poor single choices, lack of creativity, lack of performances/promo

• #FreeBritney Activist

So much I didnt know or realize here!

but ya, I also remember that it was label problems? Also Crunk is what made her blow up really