Which other girl could have a 'Sound of Music' moment?

Mr. Stratus

Which other girl can do it like Gaga?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which one!

• Britney
    • Beyoncé
    • Christina
    • Katy Perry
    • Madonna
    • Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Dua Lipa
    • Ariana Grande
    • Other (Please Specify)

Mr. Stratus

Poll as above... Today marks the 6th anniversary of the 2015 Oscars, where Gaga did a highly acclaimed  tribute to the Sound of Music:

As we are constantly looking at streaming numbers these days, I'd thought I'd do a thread on performances. 

Edited by Mr. Stratus
Ethereaaal

Nobody from the current roster of pop girls tbh. :eddie:

Maybe Ariana? But I don't think she can 'shock' the world like Gaga did with her TSOM Tribute performance because it was such a HUGE shift/change for Gaga in the eyes of the GP.

Mr. Stratus
7 minutes ago, Ethereaaal said:

Nobody from the current roster of pop girls tbh. :eddie:

Maybe Ariana? But I don't think she can 'shock' the world like Gaga did with her TSOM Tribute performance because it was such a HUGE shift/change for Gaga in the eyes of the GP.

I would pick Ari if it was me. If Ari could pull it off she'd start appealing to an older audience and show she's not just a streaming number. It's definitely the goal for the current roster of pop girls to really show talent

Delusional

Notice how everyone is silent :mandown:

It’s almost as if no one else could do this :mandown:

Also some of the people in the poll couldn’t even sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star :mandown:

Marry Illusion Glory

Given that it takes a lot of discipline, preparation (didn't she prepare for 5 months?), technical expertise and most importantly talent, I have to say

And besides the vocal aspect of it when you factor in nuances of theatricality, it becomes very clear that only Lady Gaga could pull it off.

3 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

Beyoncé & she’d sound better doing it 

Beyonce would need about 100 back up dancers, some screaming, yelling and shouting so no... Definitely not better 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886579kjakkzllgou145u

Mr. Stratus
18 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

Beyoncé & she’d sound better doing it 

200.gif

I think she can definitely captivate an audience, however, It would require no lip synching. Allegedly this is something beyonce does on televised events. 

27 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Notice how everyone is silent :mandown:

It’s almost as if no one else could do this :mandown:

Also some of the people in the poll couldn’t even sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star :mandown:

That's because everyone on atrl tells themselves x is outstreaming y and therfore 'they're the bigger artist!!11' I was half dumbfounded half chuckling to myself, especially when they said people were trolls for not accepting that very simplified view.

There's a life outside streaming services. The silver screen, awards, philanthropy, and more are all at play here. But if people want to have such a narrow POV, fine. Don't partake in my thread :keir:

Marry Illusion Glory
1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

Hopefully no one. Nobody even remembers that performance 

Says who? You?

The top comment from a year ago:

This woman is made of hard work and talent. Hard not to admire.

Latest comment from 7 hours ago:

THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF ALL TIME

Also,

Bitterness ain't a cute look :flower:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
47 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Beyonce would need about 100 back up dancers, some screaming, yelling and shouting so no... Definitely not better 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I think she can definitely captivate an audience, however, It would require no lip synching. Allegedly this is something beyonce does on televised events. 

Y’all sound like LOSERS

Beyoncé would not have or need a Sound of Music moment because everyone knows how talented she is, so giving an amazing performance at the Oscars would simply not be at all surprising or shocking  

Ryuuchan_X

I would love to see Britney do something like this. I have a feeling it would be a very memorable performance. 

Thinking Of You
1 hour ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Says who?

The stats. The Shallow performance is far more remembered 

Marry Illusion Glory
8 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

The stats. The Shallow performance is far more remembered 

Relatively, yes. And by a lot bigger margin because it is more recent and is uploaded on her own channel. But both are memorable for different reasons.

Mystic Boy
2 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Hopefully no one. Nobody even remembers that performance 

This is one of her several iconic Oscar performances,not everybody has that ”Thinking of you”..... stay mad :fan:

OT: Beyoncé have several immaculate vocal performances, she already did that. 

From the new girls, only Ariana could. 

Edited by Mystic Boy
Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, Mystic Boy said:

“Thinking of you”..

Yes! A R&B smasha!