Dua ruins Plastic Hearts chart run

Green

This had to be a part of the agreement that Dua & Miley's team did when they were arranging the collab, not something that they came up with recently. Miley and her team 100% knew what they were walking into.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• lover.

• chosensparkles

• gloamingtheplain

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

yes but you assume from Miley's point of view... just stating it's not right to add a song that's super different from your era and is not even yours in the first place to collect the extra data when that other singer is the one performing it and promoting it...

Miley & her label clearly have the power to stop this kind of thing if they wanted to but... they didn't, so yes, I will assume they're fine with it.

I don't like features slapped onto albums like that either but if we're talking charts... it really doesn't matter.

Artistofthedecade
25 minutes ago, GuusLima said:

That's a big lie.

RIAA since 2015/2016

Problem - 6x Platinum (6,000,000)
Break Free - 3x Platinum (3,000,000)
Love Me Harder - 3x Platinum (3,000,000)
One Last Time - Platinum (1,000,000)

= 13M 

and the album is only 2x Platinum (2,000,000) since 2016, when its digital sales was 700,000. 

I don't see what is off. Singles add to 1.3 million units, with digital sales(assuming they are album sales), it adds to 2 million...

21 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

The irony of it all plssssss :dies:

OT: shes soo insufferable truly a selfish desperate move

Same :toofunny2:

Did FN even reach 100k sales 

OT : Really desperate by Dua's team

Edited by Artistofthedecade
Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

I don't see what is off. Singles add to 1.3 million units, with digital sales(assuming they are album sales), it adds to 2 million...

Same :toofunny2:

Did FN even reach 100k sales 

I guess it finally did

The gag is if Dua is featured on another track this year, she’ll add it to FN. 

She pulled the same trick with her debut and it’s now the most streamed female album of all time on Spotify :deadbanana4: 

I mean, I love Dua but this is the same girl who added all the duplets released after her debut to it so this isn't shocking in the slightest... :rip: 

At the end both parts must've agreed with this, even though Prisoner sounds out of place in FN.

30 minutes ago, Forevermore. said:

This had to be a part of the agreement that Dua & Miley's team did when they were arranging the collab, not something that they came up with recently. Miley and her team 100% knew what they were walking into.

Pretty much this. Cuz if they didn't Miley wouldve been complaining. Im guessing Miley didn't expect the song to carry the album. She thought wrong :rip:

49 minutes ago, Forevermore. said:

Which makes me wonder why did they accept, like, was it a condition for the collaboration to happen? I doubt they really thought PH would outperform FN :rip:

1 hour ago, GuusLima said:

That's a big lie.

RIAA since 2015/2016

Problem - 6x Platinum (6,000,000)
Break Free - 3x Platinum (3,000,000)
Love Me Harder - 3x Platinum (3,000,000)
One Last Time - Platinum (1,000,000)

= 13M 

and the album is only 2x Platinum (2,000,000) since 2016, when its digital sales was 700,000. 

The certification just hasn’t been updated. Bang Bang’s entire SPS run sans the week Sweet Talker came out go to My Everything.

This is hilarious but so messed up at the same time :bibliahh:

But I mean Dua brought the streams to the song so naturally.... she took them. The problem is she didn’t need them, she has multiple actual hits of her own on the album. Let Miley have her one song girl :rip:

Edited by Khamis
Edit
1 hour ago, Forevermore. said:

Ofc Miley's team had to okay it. If anything, it's clear the 30+ positions that Dua was bringing to Miley's album :deadbanana2:

• #FreeBritney Activist

So you are telling me Plastic Heart’s success was hanging on Dua’s contribution and y’all are fuming that the era is collapsing after Dua took that contributing for her project too? :bibliahh:

33 minutes ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

Which makes me wonder why did they accept, like, was it a condition for the collaboration to happen? I doubt they really thought PH would outperform FN :rip:

My best guess would be that Miley & her team were hoping that Dua's feature would make the song a huge hit.. So they weren't necessarily banking on PH outperforming FN, they were banking on the song to be a big hit and help Miley and her era as a whole, and that's why they didn't mind letting Dua take the song for FN:TME.

But the song didn't do nearly as well as she had hoped, so.. yeah. :deadbanana4:

this is so.... :rip:  but im sure miley wouldn't care.  i mean, her own song is probably getting more streams.

does anybody know if the streams for non prisoner songs increased on ph due to exposure? 

Rico Shameless v2
6 hours ago, Wildcat said:

This is not a good look for Dua, she doesn't need the streams. RCA should focus on Angels Like You now.

Not a good look to who? Only us on here know about it and some seem to actually care lol. This is not the first time this happens (even before streaming).

Prisoner will do better on Dua’s album anyway, stream wise. Which is obviously why Miley/RCA went with it. Dua has done like 20 videos and kept her era going, while Miley likely won’t even drop a 3rd single to combat this. So...