• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• lover.

• chosensparkles

• AG Grande

Top Posters In This Topic

DesiredConsternation

I'd understand if they were both lead artists on the song like Senorita but Dua was simply a feature so I blame Miley and her team for letting Dua use the song.

Also good on billboard for eliminating double counts of the same units. Now if only the RIAA could take notes

The same thing happened to Jessie J when the massive Bang Bang wasn't counted for her own album :rip: 

7. My Everything (+32)

178. Sweet Talker  :deadbanana2: 

At least Prisoner didn't do that good. Imagine if it was a top 3 hit like Bang Bang  :dies: 

gloamingtheplain
2 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

I'd understand if they were both lead artists on the song like Senorita but Dua was simply a feature so I blame Miley and her team for letting Dua use the song.

Also good on billboard for eliminating double counts of the same units. Now if only the RIAA could take notes

It was probably more a deal that if Dua was to appear on the song, that she was able to put it on her own album. A lot of artists labels have these rules when doing collabs. I doubt Miley's team were like "here take it" it was probably Dua's label saying that they want equal rights to the song. 

30 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

The RIAA doesn't double count neither. The SPS can only count for one album.

That's why Jessie J's album is not certified, because they counted Bang Bang for Ariana.

It was fine when Dua's antics benefitted herself and only herself but ruining Miley's era like this? I have no idea why this was agreed to just to get FN another top 10 week. I mean I'd love to see FN performance without any of these 'tactics' :toofunny3:

gloamingtheplain
2 minutes ago, lover. said:

Do you think new artists are calling all the shots during their second era? 

I can't name one who's as big as Dua who wasn't? You're literally calling her a puppet, despite the fact we know damn straight this era has been non stop her doing whatever she wants :rip: She wanted the remix album, she got it. She wanted a re-release, she got it. All of it was her decision, so I hardly believe she suddenly had no control over the tracklist. 

She just wants all her hits on her albums. 

and we love her for it! serving a Bang Bang Jessie J vs Ariana situation :gaycat1:

Thank you Miley! you gave us Dua fans a great collab and you are cool for allowing Dua to include the song on her album :clap3: Most Miley fans dont even care either I think. They mostly stan Miley for her quality of her music and have not been success fans for a long while at this point since Miley hasn't been charting great for a long time now.

Well let's take a look at Plastic Heart's performance on Billboard's Top Album Sales Chart and let's see what really helping and hurting her Billboard 200 run?

6-29-55-73-79-66-75-92-OUT-97-OUT

Just inferring from the numbers it seems to me that nobody in America is actually spending their money on this album (which is quite strange to me because Miley Cyrus fans were parading Plastic Heart's critical acclaim to put down other women)

Dua is doing nothing wrong by adding her own song onto her own album...

i suggest that maybe Smilers should reconsider putting all their efforts into dragging other women's albums (for some critical acclaim that has not translated into any album sales, by the way) into some iTunes purchases because the problem here clearly isn't with Dua Lipa! :oh:

Edited by chaneloberlin