Album ATRL thinks is a flop, but actually did okay

Donquizote

why are people saying albums that nobody ever called flops? :toofunny2:

OT: probably Manic by Halsey, it's often compared to Romance and Rare for release date and performance and it was clearly the biggest one by miles

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• Mr. Stratus

• Mystic Boy

• StrangerInTheDark

6 minutes ago, Cain said:

I never get people saying Femme Fatale was a flop
It had #1, #3 and #7 peaking singles, how is that a flop era :psyduck:

I'm assuming becuz it didn't match Circus album sales

5 minutes ago, americanshameless said:

Liddos always trying to stir **** :deadbanana4: bite an Oreo or something 

Uhm, she's your fave so find the lie luhv. Circus is bigger than both FF and Lemonade (and chromatica!)

lcicn3Z.gif

KillingYourCareer
49 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

No lol. That shows it hasn't been certified in many, many countries. Certifications are never a good way to show an album's success unless they're up to date. Lover outperformed Witness (significantly) in almost every major European country bar France and Italy despite Witness being supported by a big worldwide hit at the time in terms of Feels.

Many, many countries have automatic certifications once the threshold is reached so your point doesn't really prove anything

vibingnthriving
35 minutes ago, Enzolorenzo said:

So you joined a few days ago yet you’re familiar with threads made a year ago when ATRL wasn’t even opened to visitors?

There's something called lurking babe.

42 minutes ago, Enzolorenzo said:

So you joined a few days ago yet you’re familiar with threads made a year ago when ATRL wasn’t even opened to visitors?

:rip:

6 minutes ago, Optimus said:

They are in fact flops.

A Girl Like Me and Rated R are certified multi-platinum in the US.

If those are flops then so are previously mentioned albums such as Artpop and Joanne which will never scan multi-platinum or Chromatica that isn't even eligible for 1x Platinum yet.

Edited by Fnooky
ineedboxinggloves

Artpop and Chromatica. Thought the latter really isn’t considered a flop unless it’s an OGH. 

12 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

Where are they? :ryan2:

Applause and DWUW:clap3: Atleast in the US they were relatively big. 

istan4badgalriri
10 minutes ago, Optimus said:

They are in fact flops.

Hmm but you just said ARTPOP didn't flop.

Rated R - 6.7M (as of mid 2019)

A Girl Like Me - 6.1M (as of mid 2019)

Artpop - 4.3M (as of late 2020)

That's a pretty significant gap. ARTPOP also didn't go Multi-Platinum anywhere in the world, A Girl Like Me is Multi-Platinum in 5 countries and Rated R in 2 countries (both 2xP in the US & UK). ARTPOP had 1 top 10 while AGLM & RR both had 3 top 10s including a #1 hit each. Care to elaborate ? :lakitu:

Edited by istan4badgalriri
2 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

A Girl Like Me and Rated R are certified multi-platinum in the US.

If those are flops then so are previously mentioned albums such as Artpop and Joanne which will never scan multi-platinum or Chromatica that isn't even eligible for 1x Platinum.

Rated R came out in 2009 and according to Billboard it had sold only 1.1M  6 years after its release. It was a flop, sadly.

US
Artpop - 1x Platinum
Joanne - 1x Platinum
Chromatica - n/a (eligible for Gold)

UK
Artpop - Gold
Joanne - Gold
Chromatica - Gold

Little Monsters: Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica aren't underperformances, let alone flops. They did completely fine.

US
A Girl Like Me - 2x Platinum
Rated R - 2x Platinum

UK
A Girl Like Me - 1x Platinum
Rated R - 2x Platinum

Little Monsters: Oh wow, those are in fact flops.

7 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

ARTPOP, people treat is as if it was Bionic, Glory, Smile or something like that when it sold 2 million and had 2 hits. :rip: 

considering the multi-million dollar rollout that ended with gaga firing her manager, its safe to say it wasn't a success.

ithinkheknowsoutsold
59 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Many, many countries have automatic certifications once the threshold is reached so your point doesn't really prove anything

Such as? Without listing them your point doesn't prove anything. The audacity you have to say Lover and Witness were on the same level :rip: This really works well with the thread title.

KillingYourCareer
4 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Such as? Without listing them your point doesn't prove anything. The audacity you have to say Lover and Witness were on the same level :rip: This really works well with the thread title.

The complete list is Japan, New Zealand, Spain, Italy, the UK, Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Greece, Italy and France. Almost half of the countries currently awarding certifications. :) Once again, I was comparing the number of countries the records are certified in, and not the units sold. But of course you got overdefensive.

Edited by KillingYourCareer