Blackpink's Lisa: "I was stuck in the YG basement until 20"

WeFoundWill

The whole trainee thing in K-Pop is lowkey creepy. And the reason why I believe K-Pop will never fully transition into America cause Americans like their popstars unique and relatable and training popstars formats them into singing dancing robots and that will never click with the American GP.

The fact that K-Pop girls/boys aren't allowed to publicly announce their relationships :rip:

Edited by Shinning
2 hours ago, 45seconds said:

BPs music is so by the numbers it’s honestly sad. HYLT is a derivative of KTL which itself is a derivative of DDDD. I’m kinda shook that they are able to get away with that copy and paste so many times. 

HYLT doesnt sound like KTL at all I will die on the his.

The showed diversity in their 3 single releases last year :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Shinning said:

The whole trainee thing in K-Pop is lowkey creepy. And the reason why I believe K-Pop will never fully transition into America cause Americans like their popstars unique and relatable and training popstars formats them into singing dancing robots and that will never click with the American GP.

The fact that K-Pop girls/boys aren't allowed to publicly announce their relationships :rip:

you do realize the trainee concept comes from the US with bands like NSYNC :rip: 

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Sis debuted when she was like 19 :ace: It's no big deal in Kpop. People train for years ever since they were a kid

Seulgi waited for 7 years and Irene waited for 5 or 6 years to debut when she was 24

What the hell. :mazen: Kpop industry is very strange. do they get paid?

2 hours ago, Junlin said:

We been kpop industry is problematic af. :giraffe:

what's problematic about what she said? :skull:

7 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

they're not held hostage, i think main 3 labels pay trainees but if not they can get a job. 

1 hour ago, Superbitch said:

No they don't have salary but the company pays for their daily expenses. 

For smaller companies, these are considered as debts and once they become famous, they have to pay back these debts

Lost In Paradise
3 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

you do realize the trainee concept comes from the US with bands like NSYNC :rip: 

yeah but the landscape has changed since then with social media.

I feel like kpop is basically in the US 1950s/1960s in terms of pop music development. everything is extremely manufactured, symmetrical (mostly), and bubblegum (for the most part). I feel like we're starting to see some cracks in the facade, but the genre as it stands now would never succeed in the US.

That's why they overexpose the **** out of BTS on talk shows - they need relatability. It feels like Big Hit is MUCH more willing to take calculated risks on the personalities of their idols over YG. Lisa has some great unscripted moments, but you can tell she is very well COACHED.