Top Posters In This Topic

• Gesamtkunstwerk

• Trent W

• Daddy

• Protocol

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Not them disbanding & not releasing their final album. I hate it here :cries:

Yeah that is tragic, their last album came out almost 10 years ago, they should’ve left at least with an EP or something 

1 minute ago, Passle said:

This suggests it’ll continue as a solo project?

The video says 1993-2021 I think they just announced the end of the band

Gesamtkunstwerk

NOOOOOOO Literally one of my favorite bands of all time, they formed my music taste so much :weeps: I expected at least a small tour or just one more album. 

One of them frequently ate where I used to work and he was so nice, ugh :'( I guess they're just done doing much work and just want to enjoy life with their family, I can respect that, but still, this makes me so sad.

GustavoBardusco
10 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Yeah that is tragic, their last album came out almost 10 years ago, they should’ve left at least with an EP or something 

Yeah it's confirmed

Asked if Daft Punk were no more, their longtime publicist Kathryn Frazier confirmed the news to Pitchfork but gave no reason for the breakup. 

14 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

NOOOOOOO Literally one of my favorite bands of all time, they formed my music taste so much :weeps: I expected at least a small tour or just one more album. 

One of them frequently ate where I used to work and he was so nice, ugh :'( I guess they're just done doing much work and just want to enjoy life with their family, I can respect that, but still, this makes me so sad.

Sis...what work? They literally served "the masked singer" throughout their career. I doubt if they were present during their videos/album shoots. They don't tour/their last album was almost ten years ago.

Anyway, they will always have a special place in 2000's nostalgia.

Edited by P.O.P
Gesamtkunstwerk
9 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

Sis...what work? They literally served "the masked singer" throughout their career. I doubt if they were present during their videos/album shoots.

Waitress at a restaurant, he came in unmasked, obviously :skull:

France will be grieving today, we had so many bops from them : One More Time, HBFS, Something about us, Around the World, Digital Love

i can already see Get Lucky topping the French charts 

Gesamtkunstwerk
10 minutes ago, Protocol said:

This dramatic ass video :toofunny2: Not the end serving A Celebration of Life [Year - Year]

The footage is from 2006, they literally just cut in the 1993-2021 to announce their retirement :priceless:

9 minutes ago, Revolution said:

Sucks but they hadn't released an album in years so I assume they were over it creatively speaking.

The Weeknd singles in 2016 showed they still had it, they could’ve released a pop album with all star guests after 

49 minutes ago, Passle said:

This suggests it’ll continue as a solo project?

The video is from their film Electroma. The robot who didn’t/couldn’t blow itself up set itself on fire so...