Hogwarts Legacy lead designer ran an anti-SJW channe

Almost Home

Almost Home

Troy Leavitt is a lead designer at Warner Bros. development studio Avalanche Software currently working on controversial Harry Potter game Hogwarts Legacy. He also ran a reactionary YouTube channel focused on attacking feminism and social justice for over a year.

This information was first provided by Did You Know Gaming? contributor Liam Robertson, who highlighted the channel Friday evening on Twitter.

An accompanying screenshot shows a small portion of Leavitt’s YouTube channel, with video titles such as “The Injustice of Social Justice,” “In Praise of Cultural Appropriation,” and “Are Thoughtcrimes Becoming Real,” the latter a reference to George Orwell’s dystopic sci-fi novel 1984. Right-wing commentators often use the book’s authoritarian “Big Brother” government as a comparison point in their criticism, likening the fictional surveillance state to real-world equality movements.

Among Leavitt’s other videos are lengthy defensesof both John Lasseter, the Pixar co-founder who left his position at Disney in 2017 after allegations of sexual misconduct, and Nolan Bushnell, the Atari co-founder who Kotaku’s reporting found to have fostered a toxic work environment for women. In some of his videos, Leavitt expressed support for Gamergate, a movement that fostered harassment against women and other minorities in the gaming industry, and criticized Anita Sarkeesian’s Tropes vs. Women series as an “uninformed fringe position.” Leavitt discussed his opinions on Gamergate in-depth during a 2017 interview, saying, “Gamergate, while painful at times, on the whole proved to be a good thing,”

Read the rest here 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• chester

• ABeyBraith

• gloamingtheplain

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Almost Home said:

Read the rest here 

Everything Harry Potter really has you hot and bothered huh? 

RideOrDie

So he's either getting fired and the game will be delayed even further or he is not getting fired and the game will be boycotted/get delayed even further:hoetenks:

gloamingtheplain
6 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

So he's either getting fired and the game will be delayed even further or he is not getting fired and the game will be boycotted/get delayed even further:hoetenks:

The game will be fine no matter what. At the end of the day, this game has been 20+ years in demand. 

I don’t agree with what he says, but at the end of the day as long as those opinions don’t make it in to the game, it doesn’t matter. 

If we boycotted any piece of media that had someone on it that we didn’t agree with politically or in general, no one would consume any form of media :skull:

Johnny Jacobs

All of this makes me real unhappy

Why are they ruining the best franchise ever? 

It's looks like someone is targeting the game trying to find dirt to cancel ha.. Hi Sony how are ya? 

F me :ace:

What do they believe now? A lot of people who were anti-SJWs back in 2016-2017 are now total leftists :michael: 

With that said, I need to do my research because I completely missed what GamerGate was. 

Miss Americana

**** that.

Take my money j k Rowling and anti sjw organizations.

Almost Home
18 minutes ago, chester said:

Everything Harry Potter really has you hot and bothered huh? 

Burned my books and doing all I can for everyone else to do the same. :michael:

Do you honestly think casual gamers know or care about who is making the game ?

Most of my friends don't know the difference between 4k or 8k, so these small details ATRLers think people care about are irrelevant to the masses..

2 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Burned my books and doing all I can for everyone else to do the same. :michael:

You expect them to close the theme parks and studio tours as well? Good luck!

Don't forget people are allowed to have opinions. There is no single project or studio that is 100% squeeky clean in every regard. 

Almost Home
5 minutes ago, chester said:

You expect them to close the theme parks and studio tours as well? Good luck!

Don't forget people are allowed to have opinions. There is no single project or studio that is 100% squeeky clean in every regard. 

I should’ve added /s to my post clearly. 

Almost Home
1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

:clown:

why are people defending this ****?

The straight men or the gays? Cause in both instances a great part is rooted in misogyny. :chick3:

7 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

:clown:

why are people defending this ****?

Most likely since it getting a bit out of hand and people seem to be losing common sense that when a lot of people work on something, there's always gonna be people on it you don't agree with or find problematic. It's the case not just for any form of media but just in general life as well. 

20 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

**** that.

Take my money j k Rowling and anti sjw organizations.

yet you have Taylor Swift on your profile pic. make it make sense

rihannabiggestfan
1 minute ago, chester said:

Most likely since it getting a bit out of hand and people seem to be losing common sense that when a lot of people work on something, there's always gonna be people on it you don't agree with or find problematic. It's the case not just for any form of media but just in general life as well. 

But like ... imagine attacking feminism. Attacking feminism means that you don't think the genders are equal. White supremacy teas :deadbanana:

there are some opinions that simply shouldn't be tolerated

1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

But like ... imagine attacking feminism. Attacking feminism means that you don't think the genders are equal. White supremacy teas :deadbanana:

there are some opinions that simply shouldn't be tolerated

It simply means that guy has some trash opinions. Does that mean the game needs to flop or things should be cancelled while he's just a part of something much bigger than him with maybe hundreds of people working on it too? Even trash people can be good at the things/jobs they do. 

Projects are made up of people. And some people are bad.

I don't think this should affect the project as one bad person doesn't make a bad project. However, he should be reprimanded / fired immediately. 

It's going to delay the game but I don't think the HP franchise can deal with more controversy right now. It's a shame as it's such a magical universe that's being tarnished by death eaters in the real world :psyduck:

Edited by DanDuke