Joyce Wrice - “Overgrown”

nooniebao

it’s out march 19th actually! only the pre-order is coming on the 26th 

i’m very very excited for it, she seems to have a lot of potential 

28 minutes ago, kindararenext said:

it’s out march 19th actually! only the pre-order is coming on the 26th 

i’m very very excited for it, she seems to have a lot of potential 

Thank you. Updating the OP now.

The cover is giving me Butterfly vibes. :jonny6: That collaborator list is bout to kill too, I’m gonna need another Rocket Science, Play Pretend or Good Morning from this.

• 2 weeks later...

Kaytranada’s feature is an interlude? :noparty:

anyway, she has such a beautiful voice but I only got into 2 songs from her (Falling in Love and Good morning ). Hopefully I’ll like this project 

WHEW. She's FLOATING on this. I'm on the Devin and Mndsgn interlude and not one thing has been a miss. :jonny5:

Underwhelming debut. Imagine wasting collabs with Westside Gunn, MNDSGN & Kaytranada on interludes :dies: But other than that it's cute. I wish she just put the With You collab with Devin Morrison instead of that interlude. She did the same with Falling In Love. 

I don't know. I feel like it could have been stronger. Production is good, and that is to be expected with D'Mile. It felt like an EP, not an LP. :katie:

2 hours ago, Love Drought said:

Underwhelming debut. Imagine wasting collabs with Westside Gunn, MNDSGN & Kaytranada on interludes :dies: But other than that it's cute. I wish she just put the With You collab with Devin Morrison instead of that interlude. She did the same with Falling In Love. 

Westside Gunn's interlude was supposed to be longer, but they cut out parts of his verses. She felt that some of the parts were not fit for the album. She also wanted it to be Westside Gunn alone to pay homage to the times when interludes would not include the artist of the album

With KAYTRANADA, they originally planned to make a full song. Due to time constraints, they only managed to create an interlude.

She said all of this in her listening party on YouTube.

1 minute ago, LightningPH said:

Westside Gunn's interlude was supposed to be longer, but they cut out parts of his verses. She felt that some of the parts were not fit for the album. She also wanted it to be Westside Gunn alone to pay homage to the times when interludes would not include the artist of the album

With KAYTRANADA, they originally planned to make a full song. Due to time constraints, they only managed to create an interlude.

She said all of this in her listening party on YouTube.

Damn. I missed the listening party, but thanks for all the info. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On heavy rotation for me, it's so satisfying to listen to. Must Be Nice is definitely my fave :jonny4:

• 1 month later...

Just now discovering this and I'm obsessed :jonny5: So Sick, On One and Losing are my trinity. Her voice is so beautiful :loud: My only complaint is that I wish that the interludes were full songs because they are too good to be that short

Just came across a song on one of my AM playlists and liked it a lot lol. Gonna check the album soon :celestial5: