JK Rowling causes an increase in anti-trans sentiments

Almost Home

20 hours ago, Aurora said:

I honestly don't see Fantastic Beasts III doing nearly as well as its predecessors:rip:

Girl the FB movies suck and that's why they're flopping.. 

OT: even if she is Anti trans than she should keep it to herself.. Like seriously idg why nobody is keeping her quite. She is promoting hate even though I'm sure she doesn't want to. 

HP will still be monstrously successful no matter what she'll say because it's gone so far past her tbh. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• Javan

• chester

• Banksy

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/21/2021 at 11:47 PM, Oni said:

This thread smells very

tumblr_pdx1yqzxfM1w3ryav_1280.jpg

0edf8f60ba1826c92c23b1f272729a69cc5ef481

Why are fellow liddos always the first ones to post the whack, garbage takes. Maybe they're right about us.

2 hours ago, Claymore said:

Why are fellow liddos always the first ones to post the whack, garbage takes. Maybe they're right about us.

It’s very weird.

And the way some members in here are so cold towards trans people and their struggles makes me wonder if they even care about homophobia either. 

47 minutes ago, Badger said:

It’s very weird.

And the way some members in here are so cold towards trans people and their struggles makes me wonder if they even care about homophobia either. 

They simply lack empathy and only care for discrimination that’s directly affecting them. :michael:

Can I be honest? I think it’s the people that ruthlessly attacked and ridiculed her on Twitter that did more damage to the trans movement than JK herself, actually. 

As someone who’s always trying to learn and do better, I found the way JK Rowling was attacked to be very disconcerting and discouraging. 

1 hour ago, Bey Admired said:

Can I be honest? I think it’s the people that ruthlessly attacked and ridiculed her on Twitter that did more damage to the trans movement than JK herself, actually. 

As someone who’s always trying to learn and do better, I found the way JK Rowling was attacked to be very disconcerting and discouraging. 

Lol that is literally it. As a member of the rainbow community myself, I was fully on the trans wave, not until JKR posted her letter but until I saw the online response from gender activists. It made me reevaluate my views and who I associate with.

For the longest time my only exposure to trans advocate were youtube pundits like Kat Blaque, Contrapoints, blairewhite et al (and i still watch them today), but it was only until I got on twitter last year, I saw a wider representation of what the movement stood for, including but not limited to - glorifying violence against women, racism towards black women (misogynoir), bullying lesbians. But they want to blame JK Rowling for losing support lol. Although its interesting how you never see these dogpiles onto white men. 

On 2/22/2021 at 5:56 AM, Almost Home said:

It actually can as they will be forced to do less projects relating to it if the public continues to demand her removal from the franchise regardless of the fact she created it. 

But the general public isn't demanding anything. Those who hate JKR are a loud minority. And you can't remove her from her intellectual property anyway. Hogwarts legacy was announced last year, and as you can see by the likes/dislkes ration and comments. No one is concerned about JKR.

The gag is, half of the people vilifying her in this thread, will be getting a copy. Whether you like it or not, she is of one the few women in this world you can't silence or erase. Sis is fully patterned up. 

On 2/21/2021 at 10:15 PM, Aurora said:

I can't believe the lady who built ****ing HARRY POTTER singlehandedly killed one of the biggest franchises in the world just because she couldn't get over her bigoted TERF views. :rip:

Did she? Cause the videogame is still highly anticipated and i really don't think the franchise took a huge hit, unfortunately. 

It's really enraging that Joanne would choose to use her massive platform in such a hurtful and dishonest way, because a lot of people are influenced and feel justified by her silly statements.

She's not dumb, she 100% knows the damage she is causing and doesn't care. 

51 minutes ago, Javan said:

Lol that is literally it. As a member of the rainbow community myself, I was fully on the trans wave, not until JKR posted her letter but until I saw the online response from gender activists. It made me reevaluate my views and who I associate with.

For the longest time my only exposure to trans advocate were youtube pundits like Kat Blaque, Contrapoints, blairewhite et al (and i still watch them today), but it was only until I got on twitter last year, I saw a wider representation of what the movement stood for, including but not limited to - glorifying violence against women, racism towards black women (misogynoir), bullying lesbians. But they want to blame JK Rowling for losing support lol. Although its interesting how you never see these dogpiles onto white men. 

So you saw some individuals behaving questionably, a thing that happens in virtually any group or minority and you decided you're...not on the trans wave anymore? You think the crass behaviour of some folk now represents the community as a whole?

Edited by Claymore
2 minutes ago, Claymore said:

So you saw some rotten individuals that can be found in virtually any group or minority and you decided you're...not on the trans wave anymore? You think the crass behaviour of some individuals now represents the whole community as a whole?

No. I'm not seeing a few bad apples. I'm seeing the community at large behave horribly, i'm seeing misognior and lesbophobia from this community amass 1000s of likes. Trans people with platforms engaging in bigotry and not losing said platform. Yes at first, I thought it was an individual bad apple issue. But anyone who is on twitter, where most of these people congregate can see its a deep rooted issue.

Trigger Warning (sexual assualt). VERIFIED Trans, Gender activist by the name of ana valens last year made disgusting comments about about raping and forcibly impreganting women, and the image below is not even the worst of it. They did a whole voice not chain detailing their grotesque fantasy as if it were funny or cute. 

Spoiler

EqSxOfWUcAAg1Cz?format=jpg&name=large

This person has been featured on Pride.com, Vox, Out. And all sorts of other LGBT platforms. Not one of them denounced her, she still verfied, still has a platform. That says a lot. 

Not really sure how it has been able to get this far. Again, I only joined in 2020 becasue of the boredom of the lockdown, so Idk whether it has always been like this or has this just been the mask off moment. Either way, I can't really close my eyes to this. And neither will the GP. Regardless of JKR. 

6 minutes ago, Javan said:

No. I'm not seeing a few bad apples. I'm seeing the community at large behave horribly, i'm seeing misognior and lesbophobia from this community amass 1000s of likes. Trans people with platforms engaging in bigotry and not losing said platform. Yes at first, I thought it was an individual bad apple issue. But anyone who is on twitter, where most of these people congregate can see its a deep rooted issue.

Trigger Warning (sexual assualt). VERIFIED Trans, Gender activist by the name of ana valens last year made disgusting comments about about raping and forcibly impreganting women, and the image below is not even the worst of it. They did a whole voice not chain detailing their grotesque fantasy as if it were funny or cute. 

Reveal hidden contents

EqSxOfWUcAAg1Cz?format=jpg&name=large

This person has been featured on Pride.com, Vox, Out. And all sorts of other LGBT platforms. Not one of them denounced her, she still verfied, still has a platform. That says a lot. 

Not really sure how it has been able to get this far. Again, I only joined in 2020 becasue of the boredom of the lockdown, so Idk whether it has always been like this or has this just been the mask off moment. Either way, I can't really close my eyes to this. And neither will the GP. Regardless of JKR. 

And how do you know that all of those likes came from trans people? And does twitter represent the entire trans community? There are plenty of biological women who have said horrible things on twitter but that doesn't make you less of a feminist, nor do you think that's a representation of them as a whole, right?  

41 minutes ago, Claymore said:

And how do you know that all of those likes came from trans people? And does twitter represent the entire trans community? There are plenty of biological women who have said horrible things on twitter but that doesn't make you less of a feminist, nor do you think that's a representation of them as a whole, right?  

I actually never said that. Actually, many, i would even go as far as to say around half of gender activists online aren't even trans. And of those that are, non-binary seems to be dominant demograhic. So its actually quite ironic because it is mostly the people who have the least stakes (non-trans/NB) who are essentially rabble-rousing and making people less sympathetic to all pertaining trans. And you are right about the feminist thing. But the difference is,  the majority of the time feminists say offensive things online, it is towards men and not marginalised groups. Misandry is not real.

Just to make my point clear, the disgusting anti-black and homophobic behaviour from gender activists alone did not change my politics. It only triggered me to reevaluate my beliefs. Because I will put my hands up and admit that mostly held those ideologies because I thought I was in good company. So I just took what ever I was told as gospel. It was indeed being intellectually lazy. But when i was triggered into doing my own independent research I found that almost all of the talking points that I was told were lies. So Idk what metrics this organisation is using to determine 'anti-trans' sentiments, but as Bey Admired said, I'm pretty sure its gender activists and not JKR making people full out of favour with the community and political agenda. 

Long before JKR made her letter, I remember when ATRL posted that report that the younger generation are becoming less accepting of LGBTQ

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/24/lgbtq-acceptance-millennials-decline-glaad-survey/1503758001/

It was very confusing to me at the time. But ofcourse I wasn't on twitter and I did not see the damage they were doing. 

Edited by Javan

I've researched where her disdain for Trans came from and I can see why she drank the koo-laid. It is scare tactics and some do have some truth to it but they are gaslighting.

Yes, womens rights technically can be in danger if some group of assholes decided to say they are trans to prove a point and invade female spaces...I get that. And yes there are some men claiming trans as a fetish and are kind of souring out movement with their perverted intentions but these are small percentages. Most men are not going to go out of their way to be trans to attack a woman. It takes away the power and control. You will probably nevertmeet a woman who claims her rapist was someone who was trans (It has happened) but it is a HUGE RARITY. Not enough to cancel laws and take away rights.

I think that one day they will have some method to judge what is truly trans or not. Like do I think a man who claims he is non binary should be using the womans bathroom. I mean I guess not he still is obvious male presented but on the flip side they say you cannot tell someone who is trans if they are trans are not and I am meeting people who are transwomen specifically  who do not take hormone, get breast jobs done or anything and to me look straight up male but trans is what is on the inside so it causes confusion. 

Edited by FreeXone
On 2/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, Oni said:

This thread smells very

tumblr_pdx1yqzxfM1w3ryav_1280.jpg

0edf8f60ba1826c92c23b1f272729a69cc5ef481

As a trans woman this makes me angry. This is what I fear...people who are not even trans claiming trans and no one can tell them they arent trans "cause it doesnt work like that" and them saying and posting and doing stuff like this. It makes us look bad. I am seeing a rise of straight men doing this BS to prove a point against us.

It is kind of life I see some people saying they are trans saying straight men or women who do not like the are transphobic for not dating them. LIKE WHAT?!! I do not tell every guy I meet but if I am intimate with him I will let him know before. If he respectfully is not into it I'm not like omg you're transphobic! It is getting out of hand and not helpful.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, Signs said:

Trans women will never be biological women. That's all she is saying, from what I take. PMS, Childbirth etc and many biological functions of cis women are integral to their womanhood, and has been since the very beginning of humanity. If pointing that out is triggering, you need to grow thicker skin. We cannot deny/downplay biology for the comfort of a tiny minority. Some people black/brown people are born with albinism, does that mean we should stop considering darker skin a fundamental part of their identity and how they experience oppression? I also feel making all the terms gender neutral to help people "triggers" is stupid. Biology is still Biology...

And detransitioning is a major concern. Especially with FTM trans people, where there's also a strong correlation between autism and detransitioning. Whilst mtf referrals have also risen, ftm has risen exponentially, much faster. Of course that's not necessarily a bad thing, more trans people feeling comfortable seeking treatment and becoming who they are etc, but there's no denying there's also a rise of people who will regret their decision, don't fully understand the implications of their decisions and even their own gender identity at such a young age.

I do agree as a trans woman that yes I will never have a cis experience and I understand my place. I am a woman but I still RESPECTFUL. I do not feel I have any say on laws and rules that have to deal with the biological female body. I will never experience those things so I leave that to cis women. I would want the same respect as people who are not trans cannot tell me about my own experience. Do I think I can be in female spaces I mean yes it would be awkward for me to be in a mans restroom or mens dressing room and most women probably would feel uncomfortable for me to be in there with their men LMAO!!! But as far as periods, childbirth, etc...that is never going to be my place to speak on.

I disagree about De-transitioning though. It is not a big an issue as people say. I've been transitioning for the past 4 years and honestly wish I could have done it at 16! Many trans people have always known. The fact that a FTM **** star is the main one spreading this crap is ridiculous. I do think some FTM have this issue more as the bottom surgery is harder...they are more passable but the bottom surgery causes many to wish they didn't. 

Edited by FreeXone