Ariana hasn’t had a flop era yet, why?

yours truly is her second best album after tu,n no it's true, it's true. but issa flop

giphy.gif

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• quitedangerous

• Nexto

• TayAlison89

quitedangerous
2 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Pon de Replay:

Top 3 in the US and the UK, top 10 in Australia, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Austria, etc.

The way:

Top 10 in the US and nowhere else in the world.

:cm:

also The Way:

Gold in Australia, Platinum in Canada, Silver in the UK, 3x platinum in the US :cm:

ariananext
1 minute ago, xfreshkidxx said:

How is Yours Truly a flop? Its 2x or eligible for it in the US and has a billion streams on Spotify and still averages half a million a day. "The Way" is 3x platinum and "Baby I" is platinum. It wasnt huge but its not a flop. 

apparently it was a flop for the standards she hadn't set yet when it was released :ahh:

28 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

ASIB is an album full of Gaga songs while Ariana had 4 songs in that soundtrack :rip: what's your point? With the same logic, then "Cats" is Taylor Swift's soundtrack album too since she has 1 song in it!

giphy.gif

I don't get your point either. If Charlie's Angels isn't a separate era then what is it? Your fave literally shot a music video for Don't Call Me Angel and it FLOPPED. It didn't even go top 10. Which is even more shocking when you take into account that she was just coming out from thank u, next, her peak era. And why are you bringing Taylor up? Let's stay on topic, dear.

giphy.gif

ariananext
Just now, Nexto said:

I don't get your point either. If Charlie's Angels isn't a separate era then what is it? Your fave literally shot a music video for Don't Call Me Angel and it FLOPPED. It didn't even go top 10. Which is even more shocking when you take into account that she was just coming out from thank u, next, her peak era. And why are you bringing Taylor up? Let's stay on topic, dear.

giphy.gif

it was a BAD song, nobody liked it, not even fans, it didn't even get promo, the parts of the song were disjointed, the movie flopped, what did you expect? :ahh: you're so bitter its crazy

mxoonlight
Just now, ariananext said:

it was a BAD song, nobody liked it, not even fans, it didn't even get promo, the parts of the song were disjointed, the movie flopped, what did you expect? :ahh: you're so bitter its crazy

The girls really discuss Ariana more than people they supposedly like. Fan behavior!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, mxoonlight said:

The girls really discuss Ariana more than people they supposedly like. Fan behavior!

giphy.gif

Do you have a problem with that bb. I was just answering the OP

giphy.gif

Edited by Nexto
quitedangerous
1 minute ago, Nexto said:

giphy.gif

just bringing up an example, dear.

giphy.gif

she shot a music video for it and that was all the promo this soundtrack got, besides being attached into a flop movie that she didn't even star in or even have any cameos

giphy.gif

it's not a seperate era, a soundtrack album, where she has 4 songs in it and she didn't even play in the movie at all. It's not like it was a "The Bodyguard"/"ASIB"/"The Lion King" kind of soundtrack where the songstresses were also the leads in the movie too. Now THAT'S a seperate era. Learn the difference.

giphy.gif

TayAlison89

giphy.gif

he is on topic and is showing how irrational you sound. Holding a soundtrack (for a movie the artist didn't even appear a single second in and only performed half the songs) to a regular studio album (and therefore an actual "era") is ridiculous.

giphy.gif

ariananext
Just now, mxoonlight said:

giphy.gif

seems like their fave isn't satisfying enough ⚰️⚰️⚰️

quitedangerous
2 minutes ago, TayAlison89 said:

he is on topic and is showing how irrational you sound. Holding a soundtrack (for a movie the artist didn't even appear a single second in and only performed half the songs) to a regular studio album (and therefore an actual "era") is ridiculous.

giphy.gif

Like the user says I'm off-topic when they brought up "ASIB" in the first place, make it make sense

giphy.gif

Just now, quitedangerous said:

just bringing up an example, dear.

giphy.gif

she shot a music video for it and that was all the promo this soundtrack got, besides being attached into a flop movie that she didn't even star in or even have any cameos

giphy.gif

it's not a seperate era, a soundtrack album, where she has 4 songs in it and she didn't even play in the movie at all. It's not like it was a "The Bodyguard"/"ASIB"/"The Lion King" kind of soundtrack where the songstresses were also the leads in the movie too. Now THAT'S a seperate era. Learn the difference.

giphy.gif

So... flop movie, flop soundtrack, flop ERA. Gotchu. 

giphy.gif

Had the soundtrack been successful and DCMA peaked at #1 y'all would've considered it as a separate era. And since we're bringing up examples here's another one for you: Beyonce doesn't sing on every song in The Gift yet it is an undisputed FLOP as it failed to match her previous successes. 

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, TayAlison89 said:

at least CA's lead peaked at #13, could've gone 98 - OUT like other soundtrack leads

giphy.gif

The NERVE to compare a heavily hyped collaboration with 3 massive artists to a song that wasn't even sent to radio & released in the middle of tracking week. :deadbanana:

This site's hatred for Beyoncé is really something. Worry about your fave struggling to outsell Beyoncé's lowest selling album with her peak album before coming for a legend like her

OT: YT was a massive flop. Didn't it perform on par with Artpop?

Edited by Quenn
Queenyoncee
13 minutes ago, TayAlison89 said:

could've gone 98 - OUT like other soundtrack leads

I don't know why you're even trying, especially when Beyoncé has a much bigger career than Ariana. Sit down and stay on topic.

OT: Yours Truly is a flop so no

giphy.gif

quitedangerous

So... flop movie, flop soundtrack, flop ERA. Gotchu. 

giphy.gif

Had the soundtrack been successful and DCMA peaked at #1 y'all would've considered it as a separate era. And since we're bringing up examples here's another one for you: Beyonce doesn't sing on every song in The Gift yet it is an undisputed FLOP as it failed to match her previous successes. 

giphy.gif

I wouldn't be calling it a seperate era, simply cause it's not

giphy.gif

Also, again, "The Gift" is considered a flop cause Beyonce ALSO starred in that movie, huge difference. Once again, Ariana just sung songs in that movie and that's it. 

giphy.gif

If it's not clinking then I'm not gonna sit and explain it furthermore. Consider it a flop if that helps you sleep at night.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Quenn said:

The NERVE to compare a heavily hyped collaboration with 3 massive artists to a song that wasn't even sent to radio & released in the middle of tracking week. :deadbanana:

This site's hatred is really something. Worry about your fave outselling Beyoncé's lowest selling album with her peak album before coming for a legend like her

At least the Hive owns up to their fave's flops. The way some of those users get triggered by the slightest mention of Charlie's Angels is rather worrying.

giphy.gif

TayAlison89
1 minute ago, Quenn said:

This site's hatred is really something. 

the AUDACITY :clown: lord knows how many posts I've seen you talk **** about Ariana THIS week alone :deadbanana4: 

and Bey is one of my faves too sweetie so spare me all that bs :heart:obviously TLK (+The Gift) shouldn't be considered actual Beyonce era's (and I do NOT consider them that) and you're doing exactly that with Ariana...see the problem?

ariananext
1 minute ago, quitedangerous said:

giphy.gif

Also, again, "The Gift" is considered a flop cause Beyonce ALSO starred in that movie, huge difference. Once again, Ariana just sung songs in that movie and that's it. 

giphy.gif

If it's not clinking then I'm not gonna sit and explain it furthermore. Consider it a flop if that helps you sleep at night.

giphy.gif

it def helps them, they can't admit Ariana is a successful artist, they are threatened and insecure and hate on her every chance they get, i can picture them repeating "ariana is a flop" 10 times before pulling the mask down and going to sleep

tenor.png

1 minute ago, quitedangerous said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"starred". Beyoncé didn't even appear in the movie, she only voiced a character for like barely 15 minutes in total. :deadbanana4:

giphy.gif

And if Beyoncé's The Gift is a flop, then Ariana's Charlie's Angels is too. You can't dispute facts!

giphy.gif

TayAlison89
3 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

I don't know why you're even trying, especially when Beyoncé has a much bigger career than Ariana. Sit down and stay on topic.

OT: Yours Truly is a flop so no

giphy.gif

how am I not on topic? :clown: my post basically indicates that holding soundtrack songs up to an actual era's standard is ridiculous (and yes I say that as someone who defended Bey and TLK/TG countless times already in the past on this forum)

OT: can't take people serious who think a debut era that spawned a huge Top 10 by someone who was considered a no-one back then a flop 

giphy.gif

ariananext
Just now, Nexto said:

"starred". Beyoncé didn't even appear in the movie, she only voiced a character for like barely 15 minutes in total. :deadbanana4:

giphy.gif

And if Beyoncé's The Gift is a flop, then Ariana's Charlie's Angels is too. You can't dispute facts!

giphy.gif

the thing is it's not "Beyoncé's the gift" or "Ariana's Charlie's Angels" but if it makes you sleep good, I don't want you to get lil wrinkles because of AG 

giphy.gif

quitedangerous

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

she was one of the main characters though, Ariana didn't even have a cameo, once again there's a big difference

giphy.gif

shake your head so it can clink finally

giphy.gif