Ariana hasn’t had a flop era yet, why?

brraap

Just now, Nexto said:

ASIB is a soundtrack too but ATRL acknowledges it as a proper era (successful one at that). The main point is that your fave is somehow involved. :foxaylove2:

ASIB is an album full of Gaga songs while Ariana had 4 songs in that soundtrack :rip: what's your point? With the same logic, then "Cats" is Taylor Swift's soundtrack album too since she has 1 song in it!

giphy.gif

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• quitedangerous

• Nexto

• TayAlison89

ineedboxinggloves
6 minutes ago, brraap said:

To the people saying Yours Truly, compared to the debuts of her peers it wasn’t bad at all

Debuts, first week sales :

Yours Truly (138k)

Adele - 19 (73k) 

Taylor - ST (40k)

Gaga - TF (24k)

Lorde - PH (129k)

Rihanna - MOTS (69k)

Katy - OOTB (47k)

Britney - BOMT (121k) 

Kesha - Animal (152k)

Selena - K&T (66k)

Demi - DF (89k)

The only ones who completely trample her are Bey, Miley, Xtina and Meghan Trainor

giphy.gif

You don’t have to be smart to notice that Yours Truly is 1x Platinum and spawned 0 hits while most of the albums you mentioned outsold and had more hits.

It had a great debut but it’s a flop

giphy.gif

OT: Other that YT (which isn’t even that big of a flop), she truly hasn’t flopped yet :clap3:

2 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Yours Truly is the least successful debut album by a main pop girl though:lmao: even Rihanna's first flop had a big hit but Yours Truly...

Both are certified Platinum, and Rihanna had an 8-year head start :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Yours Truly is the least successful debut album by a main pop girl though:lmao: even Rihanna's first flop had a big hit but Yours Truly...

Just now, ineedboxinggloves said:

You don’t have to be smart to notice that Yours Truly is 1x Platinum and spawned 0 hits while most of the albums you mentioned outsold and had more hits.

It had a great debut but it’s a flop

giphy.gif

OT: Other that YT (which isn’t even that big of a flop), she truly hasn’t flopped yet :clap3:

0 hits as in "The Way", the lead single off of her debut album that debuted in the top 10 on the BH100 and stayed in the BH100 for 26 weeks?

giphy.gif

Just now, quitedangerous said:

0 hits as in "The Way", the lead single off of her debut album that debuted in the top 10 on the BH100 and stayed in the BH100 for 26 weeks?

giphy.gif

debuted with 220k pure despite being a newbie

giphy.gif

Just now, Nexto said:

Thank you /endthread

giphy.gif

Once again, we're talking about flop STUDIO albums and miss Grande has had none of that

giphy.gif

not my fault that you can't aknowledge it, google is free

giphy.gif

/endthread

giphy.gif

ineedboxinggloves
4 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

giphy.gif

ma'am the fact that I've never heard of this song should tell you enough.

But those stats aren't bad.

giphy.gif

Edited by ineedboxinggloves
2 minutes ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

ma'am the fact that I've never heard of this song should till you enough.

But those stats aren't bad.

giphy.gif

ma'am cause YOU haven't heard the song it doesn't mean that it's a flop. I have never heard "Million Reasons" for example song but I don't go around saying that it's a flop.

giphy.gif

YT isn't considered a flop because that was before she truly broke out. The same reason MOST isn't considered a flop despite its underwhelming stats. Sweetener (album) is probably the closest thing she had to an underperformance and that still had three big singles.

theintriguingone
26 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

? it's a flop era when you compare it with thank u next and it's a fact :rip: yall so insecure

the way the positions era is more successful than any era by Selena so calling it a flop only means your fave has never had a successful era :coffee2:

OT: talent :clap3: which is difficult to get, not every girl has that.

14 minutes ago, Nexto said:

A lead single that was reduced to buzz single status as soon as it failed to debut inside top 5. It was a massive underperformance. The way she broke her heels to beg Scooter to come back after that. :rip: 

She was with Scooter for Focus and he didn't leave her until halfway through DW's promo cycle, let's get the facts straight :skull: 

Dangerous Woman era wasn't as successful as My Everything but helped in continuing to increase her value as an artist, hence why Sweetener was very successful critically and commercially and why thank u, next was a SMASH era that in turn helped all of her previous efforts become successful :cm: 

30 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

? it's a flop era when you compare it with thank u next and it's a fact :rip: yall so insecure

"less than the last one" = flop, stans are insane :skull:  if your flop era is still wildly successful without you doing a drop of promotion than the bar is very high :bibliahh: 

ineedboxinggloves
12 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

ma'am cause YOU haven't heard the song it doesn't mean that it's a flop. I have never heard "Million Reasons" for example song but I don't go around saying that it's a flop.

giphy.gif

wait ma'am, drag me :deadbanana4: 

I'm here talking out my ass, The Way is a HIT. I have heard it NUMEROUS times nn

OT: No flop eras!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

wait ma'am, drag me :deadbanana4: 

I'm here talking out my ass, The Way is a HIT. I have heard it NUMEROUS times nn

OT: No flop eras!

giphy.gif

Glad you decided to give her 2nd best lead a fresh re-listen sis

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Pon de Replay:

Top 3 in the US and the UK, top 10 in Australia, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Austria, etc.

The way:

Top 10 in the US and nowhere else in the world.

:cm:

5 minutes ago, Nemo said:

we're still pretending charlie's angel OST doesn't exist and that her career started with my everything?

giphy.gif

at least CA's lead peaked at #13, could've gone 98 - OUT like other soundtrack leads

giphy.gif

How is Yours Truly a flop? Its 2x or eligible for it in the US and has a billion streams on Spotify and still averages half a million a day. "The Way" is 3x platinum and "Baby I" is platinum. It wasnt huge but its not a flop.