Bestselling Singles by Female Artists (UK)

54 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Three songs in the top 10. Céline is the underrated queen of the UK!

Edit: Are we sure that it was Céline's version of "Power of Love"? I think it may be Jennifer Rush's version the one that is actually in the all-time top 10.

It looks like it is Jennifer's :eatpopcorn:

1 hour ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Crazy how close the sales are between them all. Spice Girls on there twice. :heart2:

Twice with 1 album.  The impact >>>>>

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

So many of those songs are fantastic!

Mariah will likely climb higher as the years go by...that jingle of hers is timeless. 

Single sales are dying tho... that's what might save some wigs... unless they start counting sps.  Then we going all the way to #1.

Didn't know think twice was so successful. I thought It's all coming back & because you loved me were bigger. Never ever :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Luminescent said:

Didn't know think twice was so successful. I thought It's all coming back & because you loved me were bigger. Never ever :clap3:

In the US they are.

Celine Dion s hits were very localized. Different songs smashed different markets 

Fight for this Love has sold 1,038,000 copies as of October 2016 so it must be just missing the top 20 :dies:

Where's Leona? :biblio:

Just Dance, Poker Face & Bad Romance being in the top 40 best selling female singles of all time in the UK :clap3: Legend!

Sis, Jennifer Rush is #6.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Sis, Jennifer Rush is #6.

i copy+pasted it, thanks for the correction. fixing it right now. :)

also

My Heart Will Go On You

:rip: 

#3 best selling female single of all time from the album that is the 4th best selling of all time :alexz:

20 hours ago, makeme said:

I'm kinda surprised Madonna isn't on the list.   What's her best seller in the U.K? Vogue ? 

And wow I had no idea BOMT was a best seller there :clap3:

Into The Groove is her top seller in the UK, with about 873k. I remember reading a while back how she's never had a million selling single in the UK.

19 hours ago, Michael21 said:

It looks like it is Jennifer's :eatpopcorn:

Yes, it was Jennifer's version. That held 5 or 6 weeks at #1, impressive for that time. However, Rush's song stalled in the 50s in the US.

SLY is so close to #2 :jonny: 

I hope she gets there after Wembley but it'll be hard 

50 minutes ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

SLY is so close to #2 :jonny: 

I hope she gets there after Wembley but it'll be hard 

I don't. SLY is by far her best song and a clsssic but IWALY stomps all over it. 

2 hours ago, makeme said:

I don't. SLY is by far her best song and a clsssic but IWALY stomps all over it. 

Well that's your opinion personally I don't think SLY is her best song at all but it will pass IWALY eventually. Music is subjective you think IWALY is better others think SLY is :cm: 

Where's Katy? ATRL told me she was global and the queen of Europe.

Top 5 is stellar. 

16 hours ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

Well that's your opinion personally I don't think SLY is her best song at all but it will pass IWALY eventually. Music is subjective you think IWALY is better others think SLY is :cm: 

Does this list combine physical and digital singles for the totals? Obviously SLY is virtually all digital, and the overwhelming majority of Cher's and Houston's sales totals are from CD & cassette singles. I just don't know if this UK chart merges physical and digital singles together.

I know the RIAA (for some stupid reason) won't add the two types of singles sales, which is ridiculous considering they add streaming in, which is not sales.

I don't have a problem with the inclusion of streaming into song's sales. I'm just angry, and honestly floored, that the RIAA won't merge the two types of sales together.

Houston should be 8×P US (4.6 M physical, close to 2.5 digital, and a ton of YT streams, while Cher is well past 2×P US (almost 2 M physical singles, probably at least 250k downloads, and some streaming too). 

On 27/4/2017 at 4:42 AM, wehan6 said:

top 40 best selling female singles in the uk (3 years ago):

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/official-top-40-biggest-selling-singles-of-all-time-by-female-artists__3828/

1. Believe – Cher (=)

2. I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston (=)

3. Someone Like You – Adele (+2)

4. My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion (=)

5. Baby One More Time – Britney Spears (-2)

6. The Power Of Love – Celine Dion (=)

7. We Found Love – Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris (+2)

8. Wannabe – Spice Girls (-1)

9. Think Twice – Celine Dion (-1)

10. Never Ever – All Saints (=)

11. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen (=)

12. Hallelujah – Alexandra Burke (=)

13. Price Tag – Jessie J (=)

14. Can't Get You Out Of My Head – Kylie Minogue (=)

15. Torn – Natalie Imbruglia (+1)

16. Saturday Night – Whigfield (-1)

17. Poker Face – Lady Gaga (=)

18. All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey (+6)

19. Only Girl (In The World) – Rihanna (=)

20. 2 Become 1 – Spice Girls (-2)

Mariah climbinh 6 spots in three years, can't wait for her to be in the top 5. :jonny: 

On 2017-4-29 at 3:25 AM, Trash said:

Mariah climbinh 6 spots in three years, can't wait for her to be in the top 5. :jonny: 

She climbed one spot in from March - April this year. :jonny: She was formerly #19 in March.

Who can tell me how much has "Bleeding Love" sold in UK:cries:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.