St. Vincent - 'Daddy's Home'

World Eater

That Bad Eartha

Def going to the Hollywood Bowl show, love her live aesthetic this era so can't wait to see how she rearranges some of her old material to fit the vibe. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice Cream Skies

• HonourableVomit

• JoeAg

• lover.

Ice Cream Skies
18 hours ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

I got into St. Vincent because of New York + HBD Johnny singles and I stanned hard for Masseduction. How is the growth/progression + musical change from that album to this?

I'd think you'd really like it if those are your favorites.

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
2 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Def going to the Hollywood Bowl show, love her live aesthetic this era so can't wait to see how she rearranges some of her old material to fit the vibe. 

Wait she's performing at the hollywood bowl now? :eek:  

I had my Wiltern tickets in my pants that I hadnnt worn for 3+ years :dies: found them just this saturday. 

That Bad Eartha
3 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Wait she's performing at the hollywood bowl now? :eek:  

I had my Wiltern tickets in my pants that I hadnnt worn for 3+ years :dies: found them just this saturday. 

And I last saw her at the Palladium in 2019, she's been pretty rapidly increasing venue size for a while now.

Let me know if you want to join, always down for a concert buddy!

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
2 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

And I last saw her at the Palladium in 2019, she's been pretty rapidly increasing venue size for a while now.

Let me know if you want to join, always down for a concert buddy!

I actually met with an ATRLer next time but idk if she wants me to expose.  I might not have to drag my LM bf this time! :laugh: 

• 2 weeks later...
FCKNAmbrosia

So I have a theory that ...At The Holiday Party is about LDR 

When talking about the inspiration behind Dark But Just a Game, Lana said she was at a party organized by Madonna's manager with Jack and Annie and revealed that: "

"Something happened, kind of like a situation — never meet your idols. And I just thought, 'I think it's interesting that the best musicians end up in such terrible places'. I thought to myself, 'I'm going to try my best not to change because I love who I am'. I said 'Jack, it's dark'. And he said 'Well, it's dark— but it's just a game'".

Maybe that's the moment when Annie saw "her face cracking" 

Also the line "your Gucci purse a pharmacy" - Lana has been the muse & face of various Gucci campaigns, and recently she confessed in her latest song "Wildflower Wildfire" she's been on lithium medication. 

" Pills and JUULs and speed" - Lana's also uses JUUL for vaping and she's well known for her passion of cars. 

"Are you still workin' on your screenplay
Or did those lights go out on Broadway?" 

- In 2018, Lana announced that's she is woking on a Broadway musical... but ever since then she hasn't said a word about it

drip drop
2 hours ago, FCKNAmbrosia said:

When talking about the inspiration behind Dark But Just a Game, Lana said she was at a party organized by Madonna's manager with Jack and Annie and revealed that: "

Also the line "your Gucci purse a pharmacy" - Lana has been the muse & face of various Gucci campaigns, and recently she confessed in her latest song "Wildflower Wildfire" she's been on lithium medication. 

" Pills and JUULs and speed" - Lana's also uses JUUL for vaping and she's well known for her passion of cars. 

- In 2018, Lana announced that's she is woking on a Broadway musical... but ever since then she hasn't said a word about it

3 hours ago, FCKNAmbrosia said:

I wish i was a fly at that party :clownny:

Maybe Lana will put something regarding St. Vincent on her new album?

4 hours ago, FCKNAmbrosia said:

Well LANA won then because DIJAG is infinitely better than that trash

I mean so is COCC as a whole vs Daddys Home but w.e

SitarHero
5 hours ago, FCKNAmbrosia said:

I had this same theory omg but I don't know why everyone's taking it as shade. They then went to make out in the parking lot :gaycat2:

SpaceOddity
3 hours ago, bye said:

Well LANA won then because DIJAG is infinitely better than that trash

I mean so is COCC as a whole vs Daddys Home but w.e

Lana wishes she had half the talent and immaculate discography Annie does but let's not. 

FCKNAmbrosia
5 hours ago, SitarHero said:

I had this same theory omg but I don't know why everyone's taking it as shade. They then went to make out in the parking lot :gaycat2:

Yeah me neither lol. If anything, Lana had shaded Madonna or someone else. ATHP is about understanding someone’s sadness. Moreover, Lana and Annie are probably good friends

• ATRL Moderator
Unoriginal
12 hours ago, FCKNAmbrosia said:

can't decide if this is crazy or genius but i'm choosing to believe it 

truthteller
12 hours ago, FCKNAmbrosia said:

screaming at the people above this already creating drama :rip: like reading is fundamental y'all :rip: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
bestfiction

Still can't get over the 1-2-3 punch that is Somebody Like Me - My Baby Wants a Baby - At the Holiday Party :jonny5:

K$Ellie

Got tickets :jonny5:

definitely one of my AOTYs still, Live In The Dream is just :jonny5:

HonourableVomit

MomentHouse is doing a livestream concert for her on the 5th August. :emofish: Can't wait to hear the old songs Daddy'd up.