St. Vincent - 'Daddy's Home'

World Eater

Wyvern
Posted (edited)

Oh, there's a hate train? Time for you people to stop reading critics' reviews, then.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice Cream Skies

• HonourableVomit

• JoeAg

• lover.

Ice Cream Skies

Damn, such panning with an 87 on Metacritic. Just like Lana's panned Chemtrails sitting pretty at 81. :lmao:

I played it a few times and I liked it more each time.

I saw some people say Pain is a good opener, but I don't really see it. I feel Down and Out Downtown would've been better, but I still like all the songs nonetheless. 

I absolutely loved the Pink Floyd influences and sample. This album also reminds me of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust at some points and it feels real good. :jonny5:

Mudkip

She's a headliner!!

pitchforkfestival2021.jpg

Where tf is her review at it's making me stressed. they're either gonna hate it or love it but i doubt they'd get her to headline if they plan on ****ting all over the album

• #FreeBritney Activist
Starchild
50 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

Damn, such panning with an 87 on Metacritic. Just like Lana's panned Chemtrails sitting pretty at 81. :lmao:

This. Where is the panning everyone is talking about?:toofunny2: bithcfork doesnt count, they even dislike bright eyes and Conner is an actual critics darling 

EdgeofTeeth

They didn't even include her in their Selects for the week, why is Pitchfork suddenly icing her out :rip: This is why I can't stand them, they are so fickle with artists they choose to obsess over and then drop and vise-versa.

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas

I was only expecting P4k to pan her but now I'm thinking they might not.  Well, she won

HonourableVomit
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wyvern said:

I couldn't find a St. Vincent base but she did a cute Reddit AMA for those interested.

@HonourableVomitShe stans Choirgirl :jonny: 

[–]ReallyStVincent 22 points 12 hours ago

jeez. so many. I think is this desire and let England shake. I could wax on about pj Harvey for a long time.

she and I are the same person :jonny5:

:jonny5:

Edited by HonourableVomit
Ice Cream Skies

She answered the dumbest questions, but it's w/e.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Stevie

Ahh she stans PJ Harvey! My other fave! I feel validated. :jonny5:

perpetual novice

Pitchfork sometimes take extra time to write up particularly in-depth reviews, why the freak outs in here :deadbanana:

Chemist

Even the obnoxious AOTY users seem to love the album (it's at #6 on the best albums of the year so far) So I don't ge the panning claims.

It's an universally loved work of art

Draper.
55 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

Pitchfork sometimes take extra time to write up particularly in-depth reviews, why the freak outs in here :deadbanana:

They know people are waiting for her review so they take several days to have those people checking the web every day. Specially when they left her out of the albums of the week and people assume she's gonna be panned. 

J Cole was the first in the list and got a 6.5, so it doesn't mean anything.

truthteller

the last BNM is Seek Shelter released on 7 May :eli:

Guilherme Make Love

Of course Pitchfork will drag her when she´s a headliner on the next Pitchfork festival

lol

wesleywalrus
12 hours ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

She answered the dumbest questions, but it's w/e.

she answered one of mine 

truthteller

• #FreeBritney Activist
Starchild

Its over ladies

(Bithcfork is trash wbk)

wraith

Pitchfork can rot

Fantano on the other hand is in fact Daddy for today

Ice Cream Skies
Posted (edited)

zzzzzzzzzz

genuinely stupid review, the reviewer's projections re: the police are so transparent and boring and predictable, lol

Edited by Ice Cream Skies
bestfiction

But dissonance appears on Daddy’s Home whenever Clark’s louche time-traveling character collides with the political tensions of the present day. It’s odd, for example, that two songs on the album refer to calling “the cops,” or 911, in light of the past year’s uprisings against police brutality. A reference to Nina Simone’s “Mississippi Goddam” in “The Melting of the Sun” is similarly ill-considered. Like Hozier before her, Clark dilutes Simone’s fierce and intentional anti-racist activism by listing her alongside white celebrities.

:deadbanana4:

HonourableVomit

not a score below Joanne I- 

NotAvaMax

Does bitchfork only hire millenials who only listen to NPR now?