• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Kevin2803

• Hector

• JollyRancher

A true abysmal film, and categorically lacking in all fronts except maybe acting (and even Pike's mostly consistent charm wasn't enough to save this). A confused, poorly-written mess. 

On 2/21/2021 at 8:46 AM, Kevin2803 said:

"I Care a Lot" reminded me a lot of "Nightcrawler" in all the best ways. Like Louis Bloom, Marla Grayson is a very manipulative and vile person, who only cares about her profit. And yet, it's admirable how determinante and charismatic she is. I couldn't really root for her character, because i am a big Britney Spears fan and it just reminded me too much of her situation and the evil people around her, but she was still captivating to watch and there was not one dull moment in this movie.

And while she was a vile person and i didn't really root for her, i am also not sure if i feel satisfied or sad about the way it ended. Random story, but i took a personality test a few days ago and it said that i am person that is able to put myself into somebody else's shoes and understand what they feel and why they do what they do, even if i don't agree with their views or what they doing and i feel like that is very much true. And because of that, i love movies like this even more, because they are challenging and trigger so many complex and mixed feelings in me.

I'd like to sue you for deception and for defaming the modern masterpiece that is Nightcrawler.

chris1991

Entertaining but mediocre at best. The lasts 30 minutes we’re garbage. The way she easily got into the parking garage etc 

She had it coming! If she survived this I would have been pissed.

ReverseWarholian

The third act was OK, but the build-up to it was flawless and devilishly fun. Rosamund Pike plays an excellent villain and I'm happy for the film's success. 

All I can say is #FreeBritney.

I hated Marla so much. How could she do this to that cute old lady/mafia boss. It was so awful. I have never found myself willing a little man to hit/murder a woman so hard in my life. I felt 0 sympathy for her and wanted her to perish.

Edited by Haburo
  • #FreeBritney Activist

The realistic parts were good but when  she turned into James Bond I was confused. 

Kevin2803
7 hours ago, mariposa said:

I'd like to sue you for deception and for defaming the modern masterpiece that is Nightcrawler.

Lol, i didn't say it was as good, i only said it has similarities and it does, atleast the main characters are pretty similar in their characteristics.

Blue Rose
On 2/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

woww this movie wayyyyy better than promising young woman

lets not get crazy :rip: 

9 hours ago, mariposa said:

A true abysmal film, and categorically lacking in all fronts except maybe acting (and even Pike's mostly consistent charm wasn't enough to save this). A confused, poorly-written mess. 

I wouldn’t call it abysmal since it was entertaining and I watched it in one sitting (which is a good sign nowadays) But I agree with everything else you said. The acting wasnt bad but I dont think it’s deserving of any awards (chile, not even a nomination) 

The entire second half of the movie was a mess and the 3rd act was stupid af 

Spoiler

thank god, that guy killed her

JollyRancher

This movies was trash.

I hated the main white lady privileged evil Karen so much it gave me anxiety. Literally everything worked in her favor during first half. It was so unrealistic how she had so many people eating out the palm of her evil hand, even the universe lol. Once they stopped the Russian goons from breaking Retired Mob Boss Grandma out of the retirement home I was done. It just felt like lazy/bad writing in an attempt to set up Marla as some scary sociopath. I also didn't like that she was LGBTQ. 

The acting was good. I'll give it that. 

Blue Rose
12 minutes ago, JollyRancher said:

I also didn't like that she was LGBTQ. 

I like seeing lgbt representation in such crazy roles, but that part of her story felt forced. It was probably an after thought to score the movie some woke points, but i think everyone is seeing through it

On 2/21/2021 at 12:36 PM, Chiidish said:

Y'all were rooting for her? I actually wanted her to suffer a horrendous end tbh.

The ending barely made me satisfied. Amazing movie though and very interesting angle/setting :clap3:

This 

I hated her a lot!!

she’s a great actress 

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

lets not get crazy :rip: 

I wouldn’t call it abysmal since it was entertaining and I watched it in one sitting (which is a good sign nowadays) But I agree with everything else you said. The acting wasnt bad but I dont think it’s deserving of any awards (chile, not even a nomination) 

The entire second half of the movie was a mess and the 3rd act was stupid af 

Hide contents

thank god, that guy killed her

I have never seen a film so overtly insistent on one-upping itself each time it jumps the shark. Nor have I ever seen a film stagger so many said stunts so closely together. In fact the third act was simply one big shark jump :deadbanana4:

I didn't think I was going to enjoy the movie, when I first saw the trailer. But a friend raved about it over the weekend and I decided to give it a go. Glad I did! 

Rosamund's so good! I forgot how much of an amazing actress she is. 

Ivan_brit

It was decent, the 1st half was good but the 2nd half & end was a mess 

But I still like it overall 

Eiza & Marla both did a fantastic job :clap3:

Littlejfrey

What’s with the random comparison between this film and Promising young woman? :biblio:  Some users acting like films are MPG's who need to be put against each other because there’s “only room for one” :bibliahh: truly pathetic 

-

Film was great, I loved the fact that the villains remained villains until the end, no redemption, no soft sides, just pure greed and evilness. Having said that, I was SO glad with that ending. The only thing that bothered me was

Spoiler

that both girls survived when the Russian mafia tried to kill them... plot armor much? 

And I’m a little confused if the judge was part of the scheme as well or he was just that dumb? :skull:

SchmoodRing
On 2/21/2021 at 8:46 AM, Kevin2803 said:

"I Care a Lot" reminded me a lot of "Nightcrawler" in all the best ways. Like Louis Bloom, Marla Grayson is a very manipulative and vile person, who only cares about her profit. And yet, it's admirable how determinante and charismatic she is. I couldn't really root for her character, because i am a big Britney Spears fan and it just reminded me too much of her situation and the evil people around her, but she was still captivating to watch and there was not one dull moment in this movie.

And while she was a vile person and i didn't really root for her, i am also not sure if i feel satisfied or sad about the way it ended. Random story, but i took a personality test a few days ago and it said that i am person that is able to put myself into somebody else's shoes and understand what they feel and why they do what they do, even if i don't agree with their views or what they doing and i feel like that is very much true. And because of that, i love movies like this even more, because they are challenging and trigger so many complex and mixed feelings in me.

Could you link me to this personality test?

SchmoodRing
18 hours ago, Littlejfrey said:

What’s with the random comparison between this film and Promising young woman? :biblio:  Some users acting like films are MPG's who need to be put against each other because there’s “only room for one” :bibliahh: truly pathetic 

-

Film was great, I loved the fact that the villains remained villains until the end, no redemption, no soft sides, just pure greed and evilness. Having said that, I was SO glad with that ending. The only thing that bothered me was

Hide contents

that both girls survived when the Russian mafia tried to kill them... plot armor much? 

And I’m a little confused if the judge was part of the scheme as well or he was just that dumb? :skull:

Yeah Marla is a really terrible person. And with the current Britney movement I really 😕 how people still understand, root or sympathize with a person like her is beyond me.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, JollyRancher said:

This movies was trash.

I hated the main white lady privileged evil Karen so much it gave me anxiety. Literally everything worked in her favor during first half. It was so unrealistic how she had so many people eating out the palm of her evil hand, even the universe lol. Once they stopped the Russian goons from breaking Retired Mob Boss Grandma out of the retirement home I was done. It just felt like lazy/bad writing in an attempt to set up Marla as some scary sociopath. I also didn't like that she was LGBTQ. 

The acting was good. I'll give it that. 

I like the fact that she was LGBTQ i hate this narrative now the queer characters can't be villains because ??? We are 3 dimensional beings. Nothing is black and white and neither are us. 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:10 AM, Blue Rose said:

I like seeing lgbt representation in such crazy roles, but that part of her story felt forced. It was probably an after thought to score the movie some woke points, but i think everyone is seeing through it

This is so damned if they do, damned if they don't. Y'all want inclusivity and representation yet don't like it when it's given

Blue Rose
6 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

This is so damned if they do, damned if they don't. Y'all want inclusivity and representation yet don't like it when it's given

It’s more about the fact that the character love life felt forced. Just because someone is gay, doesn’t mean we can’t criticize that aspect in the name of representation. 

Michael196

A Hot MESS but still liked it! and the ending was satisfying!

but my favorite parts are her conversations with Jeniffer and Dean :bibliahh:

Littlejfrey
40 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

I like the fact that she was LGBTQ i hate this narrative now the queer characters can't be villains because ??? We are 3 dimensional beings. Nothing is black and white and neither are us. 

This so much.

The only LGTBQ main characters we see are in romantic films, with the cliché coming out story or a tragic background, and a more tragic ending.  And we have millions of those.

This was a nice variation, specially because no one in the story seemed to care about being LGTBQ, it was just “there”, as it should be.

JollyRancher
5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

It’s more about the fact that the character love life felt forced. Just because someone is gay, doesn’t mean we can’t criticize that aspect in the name of representation. 

This exactly.

It felt tacked on and try hard. Like an afterthought. I personally didn’t like the representation of LGBTQIA+ in the movie even, if it tried to do something different be making the villain a lesbian. 

She was already complex enough. 

SchmoodRing
9 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Yes actually. It was refreshing to see her partner in crime also be her personal partner. If anything if Pike would've had a man by her side throughout all of this it would've been super regressive.

8 hours ago, Littlejfrey said:

This so much.

The only LGTBQ main characters we see are in romantic films, with the cliché coming out story or a tragic background, and a more tragic ending.  And we have millions of those.

This was a nice variation, specially because no one in the story seemed to care about being LGTBQ, it was just “there”, as it should be.

Exactly all of this! It wasn't a big deal nor should it be. We exist. And co exist. As we should. 

3 hours ago, JollyRancher said:

This exactly.

It felt tacked on and try hard. Like an afterthought. I personally didn’t like the representation of LGBTQIA+ in the movie even, if it tried to do something different be making the villain a lesbian. 

She was already complex enough. 

So what? Her also being queer was then too complex? Did her also being queer complicate things? It seemed natural. It existed and wasn't gratuitous. 

Kevin2803
14 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Could you link me to this personality test?

www.16personalities.com